Facelift Am I enjoying the car too much? Or Bridgestone Turanza Fast Wearing?

allanmb

Reaction score
So, the S3 is just back from it's first oil change and I already have an advisory for new tyres. It has just done over 10k miles and the fronts are at 2.5-3 mm and the rears at 3-3.5mm. I reckon I will get 12k miles before replacing them but considering in my A4 I got over 19k to the tyres I'm a little intrigued.

Have I been enjoying the car too much? Or are these Bridgestone Turanza T005 very fast wearing?

I’d say fast wearing my logic being that if you were giving it full beans all of the time the tread depth difference front to rear would be greater than a mm.

Sounds like a similar wear rate to P Zero’s.

Reactions: RSS-S3 and allanmb
It's always going to be a fast wearing tyre, nothing to worry about but you'll be grateful when you see the difference in your new tyres when you get them

I think I will opt for my trusty Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy 3 again

Reactions: RSS-S3, AL_B and Rob2k68
Your driving the car hard is my opinion, as l got 23k out of my front tyres and 24k out of my rears, so the difference in wear between front and back is nominal

Reactions: Rob2k68
I think I will opt for my trusty Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy 3 again

Take this from a Volkswagen Service Advisor, just don't buy from the dealers.

Your driving the car hard is my opinion, as l got 23k out of my front tyres and 24k out of my rears, so the difference in wear between front and back is nominal

Driving the car as it's meant to be driven*

Take this from a Volkswagen Service Advisor, just don't buy from the dealers.

Driving the car as it's meant to be driven*

And how it's meant to be driven is entirely up to the person who owns the car....? It's all relative

Reactions: Rob2k68

Must be Conti’s to get that ?

Reactions: RSS-S3 and Jassyo06
Yeah mate, but l also got 23k miles on my focus ST3 the front tyres that is,the rears where still in good nick
and here's me doing a front set of potenzas in 5.7 k miles lol, a fwd fez and a heavy foot isn't a good combo lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I'm on 16,000 mile with the original set. All legal but he said NSR is about 3mm in the middle but more on the outside...so over inflated at some point!

Funny enough I've just ordered a tyre tread depth checker gauge, so I can keep an eye on them.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Given the amount of motorway driving I do, I'd expect to see 25k from a set - certainly the Continentals i had on the last S3 did 26k.

I'm now on the Bridgestone Turanza's too with 9k on them and they are showing 5mm on the front and 4mm on the rears....?

Worst ever tyre for me were Pirelli P-Zeros - managed to get 9k out of a set on a S4 Avant. That hurt. The replacement Dunlop Sportmax did +20k....

Reactions: Rob2k68 and allanmb