Am I being picky?

Vins

Sepang S3
Reaction score
So I picked up my car mid-May and it's a great drive, i'm very pleased with it overall.

There are a couple of small things which I don't think I should ignore and wonder if anyone else has had the same issues;

- The drivers seat creaks quite loud when cornering (I'm only 11 stone)
- Both drivers and passenger side window creaks, again quite loud at the top when wet. Stop when I open the window slightly or fully.
- This is a small point but considering it's an Audi we are talking about here - the window wipers judder on the up and the down swoop.. This is normally something that happens on a car with old wipers, not a £35K 1 month old Audi.

So as the title says, am I being picky? I've booked in to have the creaks looks at and will mention the wipers to see if they will change them. I could do it myself but feel I shouldn't have too.

I know it's a mass-produced Audi A3/S3 but again, not something I would expect from the brand, no matter what the model. If it was an Astra, I would expect these kind of things!:wink:

I had a little creaking from the center console and a little rattle from my pano roof. Put up with it for a little while but booked it in. They lubed the roof and found that the console rivets had not been installed correctly from the factory so redid them. All good now :)

You said yourself... 35k, 1 month old, take it back and get them to sort it :)

My wipers used to do the same. I totally cleaned them of all contaminates and hey presto no juddering of wipers. I do this pretty much once a week and have had no problems since. I've had car since March. Not experienced the creaks on windows or seats but that would drive me nuts. Hate rattles or creaks with avengence. They are my pet hate. Came to A3 from a Countryman which had 4 interior panels renewed and full dash padded out and some parts still rattled.
I would be doing the same. Get it checked and fixed. The window is an easy fix with some APC then glass cleaner.

To fix the wipers get some of this Amazon product I've been using it for years and it's great stuff....the cans last ages as well :)

Take it to the dealers for them to sort

If it was an Astra, I would expect these kind of things!:wink:

Unlikely to experience these sort of things on an Astra though.

With regard Seat - Lithium White Grease. Works lush, wipe off any excess.
With regard Windows - Gummi Pflege. Works a dream and extremely cheap for a stick.

I've learned these Tips / Hints from my Audi Experience - never needed before.

Hope this helps.

:shrug:

Reactions: Vins