Always unlucky on ebay !!!!

Dan s3 audi

Reaction score
Brought off ebay
If you see in this photo there is a hair line crack around five inches long near where the starter motor clamps the gearbox to the engine. Now will it be okay to fit this to my car, or should i try and get someone to weld it, final orrrr do i send it back ( last thing i really want to do)?

dsc00321vi.jpg
dsc00322zg.jpg

i'ld say get it welded personally, if it's already cracked there is every chance it'll get bigger with vibrations etc. i'ld definitely kick off a bit at matey on ebay though

did it say it had it in the advert?

at least have a moan up to get the repair cost back?? i wouldnt fit it how it is tbh as it may well be fine but there will always be that chance it could go :-/

send it back get a refund

did it say it had it in the advert?

at least have a moan up to get the repair cost back?? i wouldnt fit it how it is tbh as it may well be fine but there will always be that chance it could go :-/

Was sold on ebay as a low milage gearbox good working order. I just want some money back tbh, i think if i take it to someone to weld it will be fine (hope)

I once started a dispute, got my money back 2 months later. so be prepared for a battle

Yeah send it back mate, paypal always sides with the buyer. Reason? It's the buyers that pay their wages. Trust me

Make sure you open the dispute with paypal not eBay as it takes crazy time through eBay, they give the buyer 30 days to respond then more to escalate the case and so on. Paypal get straight onto it and refund you 99% of the time within 2 weeks.

Chris.

Ive been ripped off buying S3 parts more than any other car ive ever owned :(
Twice on Ebay. Worse, once on here.
Incidentally Paypal didnt find in my favour on Ebay so the buyers dont always win !

The problem with ebay is one person's version of good condition is quite different to another's... No matter how honest you are as a seller, the buyer will always have some doubt, it's only natural!

I've had a problems of late on ebay too, but the seller has always rectified it and gave me back a full refund, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

Send it back, cast aluminium can be a bit hit and miss when being welded.

well i just had a thought, the front case on my old gearbox is good cant i just un bolt and swap them over?

Yeh, but even if you can its not the point!

It's cracked so therefore it's not good working order as will fail very soon.

Send it back get a refund, that's what I would do.

personally, I'd get in touch with the seller first and show them the pics of the crack and see if you can come to an amicable solution first, it may have been a genuine mistake,..