Always bleed your coolant system properly+check it when its cold.. Warning skin burns

Good to hear your on the mend and no surgery needed Andrew

Getting better by the day and found a way to keep going with work

I've got all movement back in my thumb now as it stung when i moved it with the new skin growing

Ooo Christ that looks painful Andrew.

Let it be a lesson to all, I have done that many times with a rag on the cap. You just don't think that its a hot!

Glad to hear things on the men's thou :))

P.

This is how i'm working right now lol

A346F701-6323-4576-B69D-52E15191DF6B-2328-000002FDAA7E355B_zps98c115aa.jpg

Wow, big improvement Andrew!

That's healled considerably better and faster than when my mum had a very similar accident 20 years ago!

that was pretty horrific, but you've healed quick and well which is good. crazy that this can easily happen to any 1 so easily. and every time i go to take my coolant cap off, ill have this image of your arm burnt into my memory forever now. and think twice

9 months on and this is how my arm look as some have asked, You can still feel the texture of the burn but i still have to be careful in this weather

351391C0-2EA3-4616-B9E6-14FBF51A211B_zpscx0p1akc.jpg

Reactions: bigray and <tuffty/>
Gotta love the human body... wish cars would fix themselves like that lol

<tuffty/>

That's really cleared up well mate, looked extremely painful when you done it

It certainly makes me think twice with hot coolant

It will show up loads when I go away on holiday as I will need to put factor 50+ on it

It look fine now but when I'm warm the scare goes very pink.

Your not the only one that thinks that Stacey, got one of the funnels in the link on the first page and that seams to do the job of stopping air lock

Holy thread revival batman and all that aside.

I’m glad you healed well Andrew, that looked really nasty, I just wanted to add, I was recently working on an A6 2.0tdi and I knocked a coolant hose, unbeknown to me one of the top coolant hoses had gone brittle at the connection to the hard pipe, as I put mild pressure on the hose whilst looking in the bay it split and the pressure forced the hose apart spraying me with hot coolant, luckily I didn’t get burnt but my back and side of my face was tender for a day.

I think moral of my story is just be very careful round the coolant system when pressurised regardless of what your doing, the hose didn’t look degraded and all I did was cut an inch off the end and it was fine again.