aluminium vbands?

Scullies

Reaction score
Has anyone used aluminium vbands to seal boost pipes?

I am thinking about vbanding the turbo outlet on my turbo, so I can get the charge pipe to sit a bit lower and also do away with the silicone coupler and clamps.

I've jsut bought a load of 2.5" ones for that reason, I went for the male/female ones as they are a better seal. I think you could also use a slight smear of sealant on the face as well to help.. However with the actual v-band they are quite big so if space is tight, not sure how good they will be compared to jubilee clips and silicone..

Any secret way to weld these things without them warping? Is it enough to weld them clamped together?

I have bought the type with the "rubber" gasket that fits in a recess between the 2 flanges. If they leak, I will bust out the sika flex construction silicone :)

I've jsut bought a load of 2.5" ones for that reason, I went for the male/female ones as they are a better seal. I think you could also use a slight smear of sealant on the face as well to help.. However with the actual v-band they are quite big so if space is tight, not sure how good they will be compared to jubilee clips and silicone..

got pictures/pricing of these dan?
they sound handy