Aluminium Skid Tray.

Reactions: Nathan Russell
Not cheap will add a bit of weight im guessing to me seems a bit over the top unless you go off road or up and down curbs every day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It’s only because I’m lowered a fair bit. The plastic one scrubs on all sorts so thought it would help protect any vitals.

It’s only because I’m lowered a fair bit. The plastic one scrubs on all sorts so thought it would help protect any vitals.
Hi yea i saw your other post about being low are you on adjustable coils or set as might just be worth goin a little higher mine is very low i cant do speed bumps at all so have to plan my route well gets to be a bit of a pain and i cant aford air ride as cost more than car is worth lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had the same issue (and mines not even all that low) and my under tray got cut in half by a peg in the drive where the gates close (said has now been smashed to pieces by me!). I was in the same dilemma but in all honesty the original held up fairly well considering how much of a battering I gave it so I just bought another one off eBay (which apparently has stronger plastic but I'd already chucked the old one so can not verify this).

So really the reason I went plastic is the weight and cost, I have no doubt metal ones should be more durable but the original did well for the beating it got and the ones I saw weren't alloy so I also didn't want more steel on my car that is liable to rust.

If you actually hit it on anything 2mm aluminium will bend.

Reactions: Baka and DieselJake
That's a good point, to be honest I have a feeling the tray is more for aero and keeping crap out the engine bay than protection, mine ran without one for years and had no problems other than a dirty engine bay. Might sound silly but I only replaced the under tray for aero as I've done pretty much everything possible to make my car faster.

Plastic is a pretty good material for an under tray, unless you off road or you're sump is low enough to worry about.

Yes...I have the Thor skid plate. It's probably the only reason I still have my oil pan and many of my engine parts still attached to my car. Worth every penny I spent on it. I've had it for about 3 years now.

Reactions: Nathan Russell
I like the look of these, lost my plastic under tray quite sometime ago. I was considering replacing with the OEM part. Might look into one of these when funds allow.

Yes...I have the Thor skid plate. It's probably the only reason I still have my oil pan and many of my engine parts still attached to my car. Worth every penny I spent on it. I've had it for about 3 years now.

Did you buy it in the uk dude? I can only find it in the us of Canada and the import would make it rediculous.

If you ever fancied taking it off the car mate let me know. Would be willing to pay to copy it.

I would help you get one shipped here but it ends up coming to my mailbox first and I run some risk there because I don’t know you personally. We could work something different out but it would take a lot of trust on your end. PM me if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey folks - When I got theB7, it was missing both undertrays.
I got these (virtually) indestructible Plastic trays of fleabay. They fit a treat, look just like the OE items, are extemely tough but flexible (indeed they actually arrived rolled up in a box) & so far I have had no issues at all. I reckon excellent value for money. :thumbs up:

Here they are on my car.

Audi Undertrays

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-...-HDPE-CLIPS-/200970817734?hash=item2ecacb50c6

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob Avant and LawrenceH