Facelift Aluminium Inlays - Light

CJS4

Reaction score
Does anyone have the 5TV "Inlays Matt Brushed Aluminium- Light"?

Any chance of some photos, please?

I've ordered them so watching this thread

Reactions: S1Pete and Gordo77
Hmmm. Can't help thinking it's probably not worth the extra. I really like the ILP, but is that extra LED really bringing another £200 to the value party?

I have found that the ILP is actually very distracting on dark unlit roads, and have regularly turned it all off.

Seen them on an A3 in the showroom...look really good, I'd definitely spec them.

Reactions: Gordo77 and Rob2k68
I think they look great....not a bright in your face type of light...just very very subtle. go real well with all the other white light in the car. Everything now seems to be LED on the F/L which is a step forward in my opinion. But then i would say that as i have it.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Gordo77
I think they look great....not a bright in your face type of light...just very very subtle. go real well with all the other white light in the car. Everything now seems to be LED on the F/L which is a step forward in my opinion. But then i would say that as i have it.

Are the lights on the dashboard trims or only the doors?

I have them.
There are on the doors, not the dash.
Very cool.

Reactions: Gordo77
Does anyone know how to remove the inlay trims? Is it door card off or do they pop off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yes door card needs to come off there are two bolts holding them on.

Reactions: pburv and Phil-1
They just pull towards you but ideally use some radio removal keys to remove the centre switch panel then it's much easier and you won't damage anything.

Reactions: airbus319 and pburv
just the doors

Thanks for your help. I am hoping to buy a set of larbel's carbon trims but need to know the exact size of the cutouts for the lighting. Is there any chance you could measure them for me, please?
Would really appreciate it

They just pull towards you but ideally use some radio removal keys to remove the centre switch panel then it's much easier and you won't damage anything.

Do these keys have to be any specific shape? I recall using little cut up strips of a dvd box on my last car (seat leon) to remove the radio. If they're not any special shape I can make some in work

Instead of removing these and finding custom replacements what about just getting them wrapped?

Reactions: RyanCudlip
Do these keys have to be any specific shape? I recall using little cut up strips of a dvd box on my last car (seat leon) to remove the radio. If they're not any special shape I can make some in work

Hi mate, pic below of them available from Ebay or amazon for less than £2. From memory they're a similar width to a hacksaw blade so you may ba able to use a broken one to fashion something up :-
IMG 0964

Reactions: RyanCudlip
I am interested in knowing if the pieces have the same measures as the PFL, ie, the light is integrated into the inlay itself.
Or on the contrary, the trim has the same dimensions, and the light is added separately.

thanks!

I am interested in knowing if the pieces have the same measures as the PFL, ie, the light is integrated into the inlay itself.
Or on the contrary, the trim has the same dimensions, and the light is added separately.

thanks!

I looked into this and it seemed that the light bar is only available with the door card assembly so possibly sits in a channel in the moulding rather then being part of the aluminium brushed inlay itself so I gave up !!! :-

FL_DOOR_TRIM.jpg

Reactions: Gordo77 and FrA1l3
I looked into this and it seemed that the light bar is only available with the door card assembly so possibly sits in a channel in the moulding rather then being part of the aluminium brushed inlay itself so I gave up !!! :-

FL_DOOR_TRIM.jpg

Ok, thank you for the info. We can create the channel with a dremel, so there should not be much problem to fit it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I had wrapped mine, but now I'm wanting to either get them skinned in carbon or painted to match the exterior of the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you by any change have pictures of it?