Altea 2.0 TDi BKD cruise control / deceleration

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Hello, I'm running an Altea 2.0 Sport TDi and I am trying to get around some weird behaviour.

As it's the same 2.0 TDi from the A3, A4 and Passat, I thought someone might have experienced or heard of this and be able to help.

First issue is with the cruise control. When engaged and on the flat, it is fine, uphill too actually, but if I come to a downhill section of road, the car will start messing about, where it can't control the speed by just holding it back slightly like they normally do.
This car will let off the throttle, re-apply it, let off and so on, until the road levels out again.
I've done 100+ miles on the motorway and it stays engaged and maintains speed perfectly, just messes about downhill.
I'm going to check it in VCDS tonight, but not expecting any errors.... (HA HA)

Aside to this, I will add that if the car is moving, with the car in gear but clutch down, or also, in neutral but rolling, if you press the accelerator it will rev up but take some time to come back to idle.
If you rev the car when parked the revs rise and fall again as you would normally expect.
I can understand it with the clutch down, but not while just rolling in neutral.
I imagine if it was anything to do with the clutch switch, it would not engage the cruise at all.

Any ideas or experience please?

I get the same in my Audi A3 bkd engine when in cruise and going on a motorway decline. Mine is chipped I wondered if this has caused this, is yours also chipped?

Andy