Alpine digital tv tunner

Reaction score
58B46026 4E89 40A9 BC09 246B14F333EE
I am wondering if my alpine digital tv unit would work on my standard Audi MMI system

If I was to plug in tv tuner I would want it to work at 3mph+. Not for me to watch but my passenger/kid.
Always thought of something like this so it doesn’t distract me.
https://www.wexphotovideo.com/manfr...U-E0w23j3OQ9UVr1pWKjgl_A02Rfv2-BoC5usQAvD_BwE

I have all information I need in the virtual cockpit. Nav, speed etc.
I have seen the magic screen on the jags/land rovers and think that should be fitted to all cars as passengers don’t care about nav information and drivers shouldn’t care about what media is playing. Just my thoughts.

As long as any moving image is not within view of the driver, unless said information is for navigation or vehicle information related (digital gauges etc), then its legal in the UK.

What I had in an old car was the screen showing useful info like boost, afr, oil temp etc and can be configured to show different things depending on what sensors/modules was plugged in.
I know a some of this is available on the vc but having it all centralised in the main mmi screen instead of shuffling through different screen on vc makes a bit more sense. Need VIM to do something like that.

What I had in an old car was the screen showing useful info like boost, afr, oil temp etc and can be configured to show different things depending on what sensors/modules was plugged in.
I know a some of this is available on the vc but having it all centralised in the main mmi screen instead of shuffling through different screen on vc makes a bit more sense. Need VIM to do something like that.
VC is limited in what it displays, especially in non S and RS vehicles. I get many requests for the type of setup you have monitored above, which is pretty easy to setup in PFL vehicles. FL vehicles need an interface like the one I have listed in order to get "video in", and any FL vehicle after mid 2017 cannot have VIM at the moment, but I have almost creaked it :)

Reactions: AlS3BE
VC is limited in what it displays, especially in non S and RS vehicles. I get many requests for the type of setup you have monitored above, which is pretty easy to setup in PFL vehicles. FL vehicles need an interface like the one I have listed in order to get "video in", and any FL vehicle after mid 2017 cannot have VIM at the moment, but I have almost creaked it :)

Let us know when you have cracked it:icon thumright:
Something like this is what I was on about.
http://www.dashxl.net/download.php?function=downloadscreenshot&screenshot_id=10931

You had that on the pop-up display?
That was a pic of a gtr. The one I had was oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, revs and I think some others.
Had a pioneer screen and a module that connected to sensors and everything was displayed on screen.

That was a pic of a gtr. The one I had was oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, revs and I think some others.
Had a pioneer screen and a module that connected to sensors and everything was displayed on screen.
Ah third party screen makes sense. Was confused and thought you'd somehow got it on the MMI screen.

Ah third party screen makes sense. Was confused and thought you'd somehow got it on the MMI screen.
That’s what I would like to have. Actually use mmi for useful info. But need vim cracked(Alix ;-) ) and need to see what bits I need to get that in a video feed.

That’s what I would like to have. Actually use mmi for useful info. But need vim cracked(Alix ;-) ) and need to see what bits I need to get that in a video feed.
Haha yeah, would be very nice to have. Luckily I have a PFL, but I don't think it'd be worth showing that info on a 1.6L, lol

Reactions: AlS3BE