Almost there...

CodeTDI

A3 Classy
Reaction score
Hey guy / girls...

So following from my last thread, regarding my heating and turbo. I have now cleaned the turbo so its not sparking clean and boosts rather nicely (for a stock turbo) I also decided to do the EGR delete as well.

i have got a fitted a new thermostat and the engine seems to being getting up to temp when driving now.

I also had the car run for codes and there don't seen to be anything coming up, so iv booked it in for a remap, Im looking at 140bhp (ish) (maybe) (probably not)
After that i need to up my breaks because there a little spongy, i don't really have the funds for new pads/calipers/discs at this moment in time so I'm thinking just to pads for now.

But what pads do i get that will fit a stock caliper? (don't want stock pads)

CodeTDI_

I recently put on a set of pagid pads on my s3, it's a widely known brand and I would recommend them, that's assuming they do them for the calipers on the diesels.

A more likely cure for a spongy pedal Is bleeding the brakes. Have you thought about doing that?

ill have a look if they do them, and yes all 4 are bled, but still feels kinda spongy as if there's not much left of the pad lol

Call me old fashioned but wouldnt your money that your spending on a remap be better spent sorting out your brakes ????????

Reactions: Tj 0785
I got Brembo pads all round for about £40 Rear ATE disks for £25 and front COMLINE disks for £30

when you bled the brakes did you use a litre? I was surprised but you are supposed to bleed out 250ml from each brake, starting rear right, rear left, front right, front left - that's quite a lot. and then the master cylinder top then lower nipple.

That's not bad at all, and I follow the intrustions for a workshop manual, but only
Got 3 done then 4th I wasn't able to get the nipple off

In bought a another calliper to fit so sort that out

yeah I had to replace a front caliper too as the nipple snapped in it and rebuilt the rear calipers with a service kit as they were seized