allroad heated seats

rallyingarron

Reaction score
I have just missed out on buying and Allroad with the heated seat pack and wondered what is involved in adding heated seats to an allroad with full leather if I decided to buy without heated seats.
Do the seats come with the elements and wiring already there, so it is just a case of adding the switches, or is it a bit more involved than that.

Arron.

you would also require a new aircon unit has the heated seats switches are built into this and arent seperate.

I think the general consensus is that its not worth doing.

Cheers

Simon

Simon, Thanks for the reply.

Is it a case of just obtaining the heated seat panel, is all the wriring in the seats ready to be plugged in or would I need to have this done by an approved auto electrician.

Arron.

Unless someone corrects me, I think audi dont bother installing looms, options etc ordered at time of manufacture.

Bit like they used to install a cd changer cable as standard, now they dont.

I suspect that the heated pads, cabling etc ARNT installed as standard

Simon

Arron,

I agree with Simon. The cars were built to the options specified at the time of purchase. The 2000 S4 I broke didn't have the switches, loom or wiring within the Recaro's for the heated seat option. It may well have had the elements inside the seat but there was no spare cables or plugs for them if they did.

Cheers,
John