Allroad exhaust tips

AndyCon

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone, changed the exhaust tips to the RS style oval on Al Allroad? It looks like the chrome will come off but the silencer pipe also has a flat bottom so may look strange if just fitting a replacement tip of different shape.

Sent from my CPN-W09 using Tapatalk

the RS ones are twice the size of the allroad ones

I changed mine to these after back box delete
CC283788 F817 4B0A 9C3C 50BFC5424680

Looks like nobody has done much on this. I have been looking, the existing s/s trim has a flat bottom as does the main exhaust tip underneath. Making it more difficult to find a replacement. The width is 115mm height 89mm meaning it need something about 4.5 inch wide. The existing trim is welded on making it more difficult to come off. The ebay.... oval tips can be wide enough but not high enough. Have a few options for covering over the existing trim either 6"x4" oval weld on tip which I am not sure how to attach or a 5" round which will slide over and clamp on which would be the easier solution.
Any thoughts, don't want to replace both back boxes or full system.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I know I’m in a similar situation to you mate. Do you have any links or pictures for what type of tip you have found that will go over the original tips?

cheers Elliott

No, there are three serious welds holding them on, I have not managed to get them off yet. There is not enough room to get a big cutting or grinding disc in, while under the car in the driveway. Open to suggestions.

Reactions: Duck C7 allroad
My old Q5 and B8.5 had tips that were pretty easy to take off.

I guess it makes sense that Audi figured the allroad must be more solid than other models.

I always hoped I could rid myself of my back boxes too and also the rear aluminium skid plate with the exhaust but it might look rubbish with the OEM pipes.

While the car was in for MOT the garage removed the original exhaust tips. I could then slide on the oval replacements. Looks ok and what I wanted.
edbeaa084859af20b34a3183554c1fd3.jpg

Reactions: DonkeyIce