Allroad air suspension settings.

robotplant

Reaction score
Not had the Allroad very long and suspect somethings not 100% with the system.

Should you be able to when stationary with the engine running go through all the 4 level settings?

When I bought the car she was lifting to level 3, the guy who sold me the car said she would not lift to level 4 unless she detected that she was bogging down in a rut?? Wasn't convinced by that but she lifts to level 3 but not consistently.

What ever setting she's at the car does not appear to drop over time just that the car sometimes just flashes on the level setting you want to go to and does not always lift (and never to level 4). Is this a sensor issue?

Where is the sensor and is it a simple swap?

Thanks

Worn air compressor more likely...needs scanning to make sure ! Usually compressor wears when there's a leak, put the car in jacking mode (press up and down buttons at the same time for 3 sec till both LED turn on) before leaving parked overnight, it might show which side goes down and at what level. Bags wear due to small stones finding their way between the pleats in the bag and pierce holes with time as the shock goes up and down... Check with soapy water as well- it might highlight where does it leak as well. Replacement bags from Arnott are cheap but they handle bad- genuine are very expensive £500-600 a corner !
Been in a friends allroad on Arnott's bags and brand new shocks allround, they handle bad, however their Bilstein package was ok !
For me genuine all the time !

Somethings odd going on with my air suspension. Tried jacking the car up yesterday from level 1 and nothing would happen at all and would not lift normally.I had the Allroad on the jack up position and had each wheel removed ( dropped her back on load) and soaped up each air bag. I couldn't find any leaks.

I later took the the Allroad for a rip after I decatted the exhausts and then she decided to work. Would only lift to level 3. Left her over night and she had not dropped at all. I then turned the ignition on pressed the lift button and for the first time lifted to level 4? The only thing I can note is that the compressor is very quite and doesn't sound right to me.

Does this just seem like a worn compressor issue? If so would a repair seal kit do the trick.

How long it takes to change level? If approx 15-20 seconds I would say is fine and quiet operation is a good sign, you should still hear it running though without any weird noises.
Have you VCDS to see if there are any faults stored?

Very slow before last run out and also it has not responded at all to lift to the next level on occasions ?
When I pressed the the up button this morning it lifted within 20 seconds which suggests it would be working ok. Not familiar with how a 100% working system should work until now, so will see after today if she behaves herself.

Not had a VCDS scan to check for any faults, though did try my cheapie orange U281 fault code reader and no codes came up.