Allroad 3.0tfsi or 3.0tdi??

Tcaudi

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at getting a 2010 Audi A6 Allroad I am swaying towards the 3.0tfsi version but they are like hens teeth!! I have found a perfect 3.0tdi version but am just not sure about Diesel. I will only be doing 7k a year and some short journeys I have heard that this is not good for diesels?

Any advice welcome

Cheers Tom

It's not good for 3.0 petrol's as well, just make sure you get a yearly oil change rather than the long life nonsense. If the Diesel has a DPF then just make sure you give it a good drive once a week if you have done a lot of short tips, you will enjoy the drive with the 3.0TDI lump so it won't be a problem.

Reactions: Tcaudi
Cheers for that, I assume all diesels will have a dpf my old 07 Jag Stype diesel had them and they were a nightmare! Are the audi ones the same??

Got the 2.0 TDI and also cover shorter distances. Occasionally some trips but nothing major to run on motorway.

My dpf was going into regen mode every 200 miles or so. Revs going up by 100-150 throttle response was better, as there was something allowing fumes to go out quicker from elsewhere and temperature going up. Fan was going like mad while driving and for good 10-15 minutes after engine off.

Got it switched off and gutted. So far, after about 500 miles, no issue.

Reactions: RS4B5 and Tcaudi
I've just bought a 59 plate 3.0t avant. The engine is fantastic, but very thirsty. I had a newer S4 previously and knew that I had to keep the same engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is an allroad and an avant (both 3.0t) on autotrader at the moment. Also the highest spec c7 allroad I've ever seen which if I had the money would be sitting outside my house!!!

Saw that C7 one very nice but the price was just a little too steep. I have bought now a 2010 A6 C6 Allroad 3.0tdi with 34k on the clock has all the bells and whistles only done the one journey from Gloucester to Reading but very impressed with the drive. Still getting my head around all the gadgets it comes with. Cheers for the advice.

Reactions: KrisKrk and sliced
Here she is very pleased so far.

Attachments

• IMG_2950.PNG
    IMG_2950.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 227
Reactions: Roadrunner146, KrisKrk and Steveredman
Barely run in! Nice one, looks immaculate

Yeah she is immaculate, been well looked after by previous owner who spared no expense on it. Enjoying the drive from it, air ride is great on these allroads. Am looking into a little performance upgrade though had a look on the forums and the best seems to be the bluefin product which you can remove when servicing at dealer and seems to be a safe increase in power on a standard 3.0tdi engine 55bhp increase and 82nm torque. Not sure what people thoughts are or experiences are with the bluefin tuning?

It's out of warranty so there is no point going for something that can be removed for servicing. Much better off with a proper custom map or something like APR/Revo. If you're anywhere near Banbury then head to MRC, if you're northeast, Unicorn is the way to go.

I'm near Reading so will look at MRC cheers for that.

The big reason I wanted the 3.0t was for the easy power increase. I would love to have taken it to MRC but I live in Brighton and it's just a bit of a faff. I've got the Revo stage 1+ on mine (purely as it's a bit cheaper than the APR software) and it's an enormous difference. Adds somewhere in the region of 120bhp. They claim up to 140 but either way it's pretty quick.

This may be a stupid question but am new to tuning, looking at both MRC and Revo there is £100 price difference but what's the difference between the two as they both seem to give the same power gains? Any gems of wisdom welcome!

There is a guy in Old Widsor who does tuning.

It's Bobby singh and he was doing my A6 with dpf removal, egr switched off and stage 1 remap.
Car is much responsive now and quicker.
Dpf problem gone and it's running much mich better.

He's a member here so you can drop him pm if you want any propper job done

Reactions: sliced
I'm near Reading so will look at MRC cheers for that.
Hi I'm in reading too if your looking for a remap I had mine done at Avon tuning power is emense 295 bhp and 595 nm had the swirl flaps delete as well as there just a pain in the ****

Hi I'm in reading too if your looking for a remap I had mine done at Avon tuning power is emense 295 bhp and 595 nm had the swirl flaps delete as well as there just a pain in the ****

Hi rallymangb, thanks for the info, excuse my ignorance but what are the swirl flaps?What do they do or not do? Does the delete affect MOT emissions? How much did it all that cost? Many thanks for your help and advice. Regards

Hi rallymangb, thanks for the info, excuse my ignorance but what are the swirl flaps?What do they do or not do? Does the delete affect MOT emissions? How much did it all that cost? Many thanks for your help and advice. Regards
Hi

The swirl flaps are in the inlet manifold and if you cel comes on on the dash it will more that likely be the swirl flaps playing up I put new ones in and still done it after a couple months so I had them done away with and deleted from the Ecu.I had that done the egr blankEd and stage one remap and all in was 600 quid .no it doesn't effect the mot either

Thanks

Hi Chiefbadger,

I'm in Brighton too and recently bought a 2009 3.0 ltr TFSI A6 Avant. Having moved from a camper van, when I first drove it it seemed like a rocket ship but now I've got used to it I'd like to have the Revo Stage 1 remap done which I'm hoping might help fuel economy a bit too. Would you mind telling me where you had yours done and if you were happy with the job?

Thanks

Rob

The big reason I wanted the 3.0t was for the easy power increase. I would love to have taken it to MRC but I live in Brighton and it's just a bit of a faff. I've got the Revo stage 1+ on mine (purely as it's a bit cheaper than the APR software) and it's an enormous difference. Adds somewhere in the region of 120bhp. They claim up to 140 but either way it's pretty quick.

The 3.0 tfsi appears to only return about 25mpg looking at the official figures and allowing a bit of tolerance, is that about right in real life once they reach 100k miles plus? Does appear to be cracking motor though, assuming these engines are decent?

Hi - am thinking of upgrading my A4 Allroad 2.0 TDi to an A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI (C6 model). What MPG do people get with theirs? Also the one I'm looking at is black but has a matt black rear bumper - is this normal?

Thanks

Mark.

Hi - am thinking of upgrading my A4 Allroad 2.0 TDi to an A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI (C6 model). What MPG do people get with theirs? Also the one I'm looking at is black but has a matt black rear bumper - is this normal?

Thanks

Mark.

Mark on my C6 Avant 3.0 I calculate 32 mpg's out of a Tank. I think that mine might be using a bit of fuel in traffic though this I need to look into.

Mark on my C6 Avant 3.0 I calculate 32 mpg's out of a Tank. I think that mine might be using a bit of fuel in traffic though this I need to look into.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I was expecting. My driving style is normally within 1 MPG of what Parkers guide quote as an average. Been very accurate with the last few cars. They quote 32mpg for the age of A6 Allroad I'm looking at and my A4 gets 44mpg. I drive about 25k miles per year so dropping from 44mpg to 32mpg will cost me an extra £60+ per month just on diesel

3.0 tdi straight pipe it and you got a diesel gtr win win

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I was expecting. My driving style is normally within 1 MPG of what Parkers guide quote as an average. Been very accurate with the last few cars. They quote 32mpg for the age of A6 Allroad I'm looking at and my A4 gets 44mpg. I drive about 25k miles per year so dropping from 44mpg to 32mpg will cost me an extra £60+ per month just on diesel

I went from 46 to 32 covering about 20k a year I think I am going to double my fuel bill. Also be careful on the year you get, mine is 520 a year tax, 6months later it the same care is in the £300 bracket

I went from 46 to 32 covering about 20k a year I think I am going to double my fuel bill. Also be careful on the year you get, mine is 520 a year tax, 6months later it the same care is in the £300 bracket

Thanks mate I've seen that. Plus the later ones are quoted to get 37 mpg not 32

Reactions: Mr DJ MOORE