Allroad 2.5 V6 - Tuning options & experience

ColinRyan

Reaction score
Website
n
Hi,

Have a 2002 allroad. I have read a lot of varying posts re tunining/chipping/re-mapping options.

I would like to get a bit more power and low-down torque out of the engine without putting it under too much strain i.e. I dont want to overtune and have something fail.

I was wondering about peoples different experiences - what works well, who did the work and how much did it cost?

Appreciated,

C.

Have just fairly simply reworked my 2.5TDI AKE engine which i assume is the same as yours to 266hp and 455ftlb, see my thread in Diesel forum. I am in Dublin at the moment, and know that Celtic Tuning who did all the work have just expanded their operation over here.

Hi
Very interesting - where are Celtic located in Ireland? I had read that anything over 220 would over stress the oil pump - how did you get around this?

C.

I had read that anything over 220 would over stress the oil pump - how did you get around this?

C.
Utter rubbish that mate, oil pump is fine, is the injector pump who does not wanna play ball as it has its own computer and wont let the pump work out of the parameters that were programmed inside the chips + you need a better fuel cooler to cool the pump head... Thats why the Bosch wont honour the warranty on pumps IF you tap the fuel return/bypass solenoid-wich many tuning boxes use to inject more fuel ! They have excuses for pretty much everything.

Not heard oil pump has a problem, only fuel pump limits you to 250-260hp, and guess what - i have fuel starvation which is stopping me gong any further at present. Looking for a lift pump at the moment. Oil pump is chain driven off bottom end. My chain failed at 176k when engine had Turbochip 196hp 63k since chipped. Don't think chipped upgrade had any effect on the pump.