allroad 2.5 tdi will not start

lofty1067

Reaction score
hi my allroad is refusing to start it cracked up fine as usual then after a couple of minutes the revs died away and it stopped i suspect it is a fuel problem . but i'm not sure how to start a diagnosis. help!!!

So its turning over just not catching, have you checked the fuel supply lines when cranking to see if fuel is coming through mate, have you got vagcom on it as yet, any lights up?

no lights up on dash just starting to try looking at pump. i presume i take the over off in the boot spare wheel well to get at it, it's the first time i've had to do owt with car except drive it so i'm a bit new to the audi way of doing things. so thanks for any help at all however trivial you may feel it may just be the help i need.:readit:

right could not see fuel reaching filter when cranking so i have removed ther rear bench and plate covering fuel pump. cranked engine- no noise from pump so i took a supply straight from battery to pump and connected to the outside 2 connectors (where the heavier gauge wires go to) and hey presto a spinning pump i can even hear fuel coming up the lines, so i go back and heck the fuse (number 28 according to the fuse board) no power going thru the fuse with or without ign turned on, so i have dropped the dash to check relay i presume it is the one with 'diesel' on the panel beneath it (the square one on the right hand side) this clicks and i can feel the contact springing over when ign turned on. could it be immobilizer problem????????? clutching at straws i know but what else could be stopping power getting to fuse??? HELP!!!!:sadlike: OH and if i crank for more thanabout 15 secs the oil pressure warning comes on on dash with a loud bleep is this normal.

Urmm interesting as if immo it will start but immediately shut down, not minutes later mate.

I would say get a friend with vag-com/vcds to scan the engine for faults. The injector pump control unit is known to short inside thus cannot comunicate with the engine control unit hence no start. There are companies who can repair them computer (require delicate soldering inside) but the best solution is to have the pump rebuilt by PB asher or dieselbob, then you know the pump will get a fresh upgraded computer and new parts inside to make-it in "as new" condition. The job will cost 600+ VAT and it will require removal and refitting of the pump wich will add a good chunk to the price. You can take the pump off with the front of the car in situ but its a fiddly job hence most garages will put the car in the service position for clearance. Stop chassing other faults as i am confident its the pump. You can squirt a little brake cleaner/wd 40 in the intake(after the MAF) and see if it starts. If it does then its a fueling problem. Be very carefull when starting on ether as its very easy to dammage the engine if too much is squirted at once...