Allroad 2.5 TDI 2001 Lower Control Arms Where to get?

Rossy

Reaction score
Hi,

Other than the Stealers at £133+vat a side where can I get Front Lower Control arms from?

GSF £74 + Vat cheapest so far....anywhere else?

Need ASAP....thanks

They are particular to the allroad and so far i don't know nobody else supplying them apart from the dealer. They are about 185 quid each ! I bought some for a forum member a few weeks ago and 4 lower arms + 2 engine mounts were over 800 pounds...

They are particular to the Diesel Allraod would be more acurate..the 2.7 and the V8 Petrol are the same.
Whats more enoughing is its the shaft on the ball joint is slightly bigger on the diesel...

I did not know they are different to the v8/2.7TT arms, need to go and order a pair for my old allroad, one of the wishbones has a bush that has seen better days...

Managed to get a pair but the ones they had in stock although the same where differant manufacturers, so should have a matching pair for 11:30am.

Right, wanna settle this once and for all....

What "exactly" are the differances between the 2.5d and the 2.7 Biturbo/4.2 V8... LOWER CONTROL ARMS i.e. the ones that have a nut on the balljoint?

Just I've had 3 sets now that all seem to be for the 2.7/4.2 V8 and the spline on the balljoint shaft is too thin so guessing this is the only differance as I currently have a set on my 2.5d that are for the 2.7 but had to pack out as a temp measure.
The ones supplied by Andrew Page (and I watched him check on the screen that they were for my car "2.5d allroad quattro etc) are exactly the same as the ones I have fitted currently that I know are for the 2.7 biturbo...strange?
So I'm off back to A P in the morn to get to the bottom of it or refund but like most at the moment can not offord the £300 plus main stealer prices!!
£133+vat each as aposed to £179 for the pair....also gonna try GSF but just gotta feeling that they are going to be the same.

Is there a "sleave" fitted as standard that could have fallen out when I removed the old ones????

Its driving me mad!!!

Last edited:
Need ANSWERS ASAP, this is a big one, as euro parts even list them with the same part numbers.
If you fit the petrol lower arms to the diesel (look identical) you'll get really bad knocking and shacking...it dangerous to say the least.
Hence mine have been packed out to fill in the gap untill I can find the correct ones without having to go to the stealers.

I bought a pair from dealer yesterday, £151.60 each. The diesel ones are showing as 24mm balljoint part number ending in C and the later ones/petrol ones ending in G have a 21mm balljoint... I think your best bet is to go genuine, it's a critical part and i would not skimp on it by going for cheap parts ! Chap on forum (alski) had cheappo arms fitted to his allroad by a garage and the bushes were coming apart from the arms, look for the thread as it has a few pictures...

Andrew page came up trumps in the end once I gave them the Audi Full part number...got the right ones now and being fitted Monday 1st thing!! Yes its the taper of the balljoint that is thinner than the diesels.