Alloys

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
aa you all know I’m due to pick my new to me advant up on Wednesday and my first port of call is to replace the alloys on them.

Anyone on here gone from 18inch alloys to 19 inch or bigger with s line sport suspension??

I was looking at rs6 alloys from skidz in Falkirk for my a3 saloon in Daytona and I think they will look even better on the a4 advant although I do also like the ones a lot of you seem to have on here, pics attached.

Anyone got the rs6 ones fitted to there advant?

996277CF A8DF 4145 B6B6 E86D538FB779

62652DA5 F0C1 41E3 86DC D8C5D7EC0F10

Thanks in advance

I've got the 19" on my A4 35 and I've been a passenger in a A4 sport with 18" and the ride feels a lot harsher in mine. So not quite the same comparison but hey. I do bounce around alot in mine but it's still a lot better than my previous Skoda on 17" wheels so I'm fine with it :)

I’m liking the A6 alloys as something different but you can’t go wrong with the A4 “RS” ones either.
I think you’ll just get used to the ride so I wouldn’t worry, you’ve already made your mind up you want to change them and the ride will still be acceptable coming from an A3 I would say.

Have you considered 20’s?

I’m liking the A6 alloys as something different but you can’t go wrong with the A4 “RS” ones either.
I think you’ll just get used to the ride so I wouldn’t worry, you’ve already made your mind up you want to change them and the ride will still be acceptable coming from an A3 I would say.

Have you considered 20’s?

Not really. I’m gonna have a look through some posts and look at peoples wheels to get a idea of the arch gap etc.

The a3 handles alright. You feel everything but not thuds or anything. That’s on 18’s

I think you should go for your second pic with the 5 v spoke as its oem.
I bought mine with the 10 v spoke 19 inch alloys and changed them to the 5 v spoke at a hell of a cost.
Personally I'd leave the rs6 ones to the A6,s.
I'd go for geniune and not reps!.
Ride with s line suspension and 19s are fine.
A lot better than my last B8.5 with 19s.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: rasA4
I think you should go for your second pic with the 5 v spoke as its oem.
I bought mine with the 10 v spoke 19 inch alloys and changed them to the 5 v spoke at a hell of a cost.
Personally I'd leave the rs6 ones to the A6,s.
I'd go for geniune and not reps!.
Ride with s line suspension and 19s are fine.
A lot better than my last B8.5 with 19s.

I wish I could afford genuine alloys. Can I ask how much it set you back for a genuine set ??

The place I’m getting them from are a company in Falkirk so they should be strong enough as surely they’ll have to meet some kind on standard ??

I wish I could afford genuine alloys. Can I ask how much it set you back for a genuine set ??

The place I’m getting them from are a company in Falkirk so they should be strong enough as surely they’ll have to meet some kind on standard ??
The geniune alloys were £2300 from Audi.
I played 1700 so I don't know where the rest came from.
Still have the 10 v spoke alloys in my garage
I'd keep an eye out bud as geniune ones are for sale in classified etc for about 1000 with tyres.
Yes the reps must be decent quality.
how much were you quoted for the 19 inch reps?

The geniune alloys were £2300 from Audi.
I played 1700 so I don't know where the rest came from.
Still have the 10 v spoke alloys in my garage
I'd keep an eye out bud as geniune ones are for sale in classified etc for about 1000 with tyres.
Yes the reps must be decent quality.
how much were you quoted for the 19 inch reps?

I got quoted 650 for the same alloys dor my a3 but will be wider alloys for the a4. I will come back tomorrow and update as it may be more for the a4 and I will keep an eye on classified For now see if any come up

Last edited:
Try ebay.de(Germany)

I sourced a set of brand new 5 spoke RS alloys with Pirelli P-Zeros for £1500. The Pirelli P-Zeros were rubbish in terms of wear BUT the wheels are stunning and immaculate.

Reactions: NevMan and Toonsoldier91
I had the V spokes on my original order but after seeing them in person was underwhelmed and changed it. They look much better in pictures imo. Nicer genuine wheels available, although probably costly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Any one good at photoshop on here ??

I’m looking at 19 alloys for my new avant, but I’m unsure weather I’ll be happy with the wheel arch gap as it’s on 18 atm at it looks huge. It did say sport suspension in the advert but I’m guessing this is the comfort version so it’s slightly higher ??

8EA4E411 C167 4002 AC18 0BF0AC22E542

A3689E10 0EAD 4715 A0A7 235C4E3CDB6A

bigger alloys (19"s) and lower profile tyres = similiar gap, but harder ride, but not hugely different. I go from 19" summers to 18" winters on my q5, and don't notice much change to ride quality. 20"+ will be more noticeable obv.

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
Suggest you peruse the Audizine.com US forum site. Note the B9A4 & S4/RS4 sections are split. When perusing it a few times it actually makes sense.
They're v-e-r-y much into alloys with many photos to give you ideas.
If worried about wheelarch gap, consider 20" or sports spring kits, eg. Eibach or H & R. With sports suspension the vehicle is already lowered 20mm, so if the spring specs say 30mm drop, it means you can only lower the vehicle a further 10mm. With our S4, the springs gave a bonus of significantly better handling and better controlled ride than OEM.

Reactions: Toonsoldier91
I’ve just noticed my rear tyres are 235 and fronts are 245. Is this normal ??

Not that I know of, unless it's for Avant's, which I doubt. According to Blackcircles and your registration number it is 245/40's all round..

Not that I know of, unless it's for Avant's, which I doubt. According to Blackcircles and your registration number it is 245/40's all round..

Yeah. I’ve looked and apparently either are fine. Still strange lol. I’ll ask dealer might be to get 2 new tyres out of them.

Hopefully get my new wheels sorted with in a week

Reactions: cuke2u
The ride quality depends a lot of what you are used to from before. I went from a fiesta to 19" with sports suspension and for me the ride feels softer than in fiesta so I'm really happy with it.
Bigger alloys like 19" will have the same diameter as 17" so the gap will stay the same. You will need to change the springs to lower it. I have fitted 10mm wheel spacers which improve the look, even though the suspension stays the same the gap to me appears less noticable through optical illusion i guess.

The ride quality depends a lot of what you are used to from before. I went from a fiesta to 19" with sports suspension and for me the ride feels softer than in fiesta so I'm really happy with it.
Bigger alloys like 19" will have the same diameter as 17" so the gap will stay the same. You will need to change the springs to lower it. I have fitted 10mm wheel spacers which improve the look, even though the suspension stays the same the gap to me appears less noticable through optical illusion i guess.

You got a side photo mate ?

Funnily enough I drive both a 2018 fiesta and my own car, whilst the fiesta is far more fun to drive I would describe it as having more of a compliant ride than my Audi with 18" wheels...

Reactions: NevMan
S4 with 20" R8 alloys 245/30/20. Gone from 245/35/19 - ride is slightly harder but not a huge difference even with a lower profile tyre. Just have to avoid all kerbs and pot holes
S4

Reactions: Bulldog, Kondax and Toonsoldier91
8.5J 245/35 R19.

I do like the way they look and ride quality is fine but they are a bit of a headache - constantly worried about damaging them. You'd probably find yours a lot easier to get winter tyres for as well if that was something you were thinking of at some point.

8.5J 245/35 R19.

I do like the way they look and ride quality is fine but they are a bit of a headache - constantly worried about damaging them. You'd probably find yours a lot easier to get winter tyres for as well if that was something you were thinking of at some point.

Prbz keep the 18 for winter tyres. A lot of road salt around here ( north east )

Yeah. I’ve looked and apparently either are fine. Still strange lol. I’ll ask dealer might be to get 2 new tyres out of them.

Hopefully get my new wheels sorted with in a week
Which tyres are the 235's on, front or rear?

Still not ordered my new alloys. Been humming and harring over tyre sizes.

I believe my wheels are 8.0j et40

And the new alloys will be 8.5j et45. According to will they fit they will sit 11mm closer to the suspension and poke out 1.5mm closer or something like that. Ideally I would like to keep them poke to a minimum and the back wheels already stick out a little and don’t wanna risk stones being chucked up onto the body if they stick out too far

But I’m getting annoyed looking at tyre sizes.

I current have 235/40r18 on the backs and 245 on the fronts.

If I go 235/35/19 all around the car will sit 3.5mm lower according to will they fit. 245 will be 0.4mm higher and 255 will be 6mm higher. Now I deffo don’t want to have a higher ride heigh but I could deal with half a mm but the price difference for 245/35/19 tyres over the other 2 is about 50 quid a tyre

So how does a wider tyre make a car sit higher ?? I just can’t get my head around it.

Anyone able to explain ??

Thanks

The only reason I could see is that the tyre isn’t stretched over the rim making it sit taller.

The only reason I could see is that the tyre isn’t stretched over the rim making it sit taller.

Hmmm could be right. Still in 2 mins. Surely I won’t notice much difference between 235 over 245, well apart from 200 quid in my back pocket. Still debating on the A4 originals or the rs6 type. I know the a3 saloon suites the rs6 styles but don’t know if the a4 will, I will have to try find a picture of them fitted over the weekend before ordering

How much would that size difference affect the speedometer? I would stick with the 245 that the 19' come with.

I think 235 was -0.94 and 255 -1.32

I think your right it’ll be easier plus it’s onlt half a mm ride hight difference

It’s about 3.5mm ride height difference and about 1% speedo error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk