Alloys Wheels

I

imported_Coullio

I am looking to upgrade my current wheel from the 16" SE Wheels to the 18" RS4's. They have offered me Kumho's as tyres and wanted to know if I should upgrade if so what tyres should I get? I would also like to know, with the new wheels on will I get more road noise and will 18" fill the arches. Does anyone have photos of there A4's with RS4's on, but in Silver.

Cheers

Coullio

Hi im just shopping around for some new 18s as mine are getting close to their treadwear limit.
At the moment I have pirelli P Zero Rosso's on and have managed to squeeze 20,000 miles life out of them and I aint a sunday driver!
I must say that the P Zero's are good for grip in dry / wet weather but are a bit noisey, as far as I know Khumos arn't too good in the wet and are noisy but wear is good, so it may be worth paying a little extra for the P Zeros.

I think P Zero Neros next, they are supposed to be quieter but just as good for handling and wear.

Or Bridgestones?

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking to upgrade my current wheel from the 16" SE Wheels to the 18" RS4's. They have offered me Kumho's as tyres and wanted to know if I should upgrade if so what tyres should I get? I would also like to know, with the new wheels on will I get more road noise and will 18" fill the arches. Does anyone have photos of there A4's with RS4's on, but in Silver.

Cheers

Coullio

[/ QUOTE ]

coullio

Contact Steve at leigh tyres. He will give you a great deal on RS4 reps, i bought the ones for my S3 last year there, cheaper than anyone else. i got them with toyo T1s on for £650 inc fitting, but they can also send them out. Great quality wheels as well, just ask jansgti! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Guys - I'm looking to fit 18 inch RS4 reps on my new A4 1.8T Quattro Sport Avant.

Those that have done this - have you chosen to fit 225/40 tyres or 235/40 tyres? The 235's are a bit dearer but that's the width in the 17's the car comes with.

Also what offset do you need?

Cheers in advance.

225's are perfect, I have 215's at the minute on mine, no problems but the 225 rubber come out over the rim a little more than mine so less chance of kerb damage.

if you are getting Rs4 rep's then they only come in a VAG fitment so the off set will be correct and dont worry about rubbing ive got 19" rs4's on and no probs what so ever

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I'll go as big as 19's for ride comfort and handling reasons. Also they are dear for tyres!!

So has no one fitted 235's? Is the consensus to fit 225's?

Like I said the OE 17's get shod with 235's - like the Star Alloys i have for sale in the Trading Post (plug!!).

I decided to buy 18" RS6's and got them from Checkpoint in Aberdeen for £600.00. They were fitted with Kumho tyres and so far they have impressed me.

Hi Guys,
I have 18" rs4's on my a4 2.5tdi,they were fitted to the car from new as an option,and have 235/40 tyres fitted.. When I bought the car it had fairly worn p-zero's on,but part of the deal included new tyres so I asked for Goodyear F 1's,absolutley superb.. Though I must admit I do fancy changing the rims for RS6's.. The RS4's I have are genuine Audi and are in perfect condition..Hope this helps..

Regards Blackwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I was going to put on RS4's then changed my mind and I wanted Alessio Montecarlo's, they were going to cost a extra £50.00. I decide to go for RS6's after seeing them in the shop. Must admit the A4 really does suit the RS6's. If you check the gallery my car is there.

RS6's are real nice too - but my wife doesn't like them, so we'll settle on the RS4 style as we both like them.

Blackwood - if you want to sell the RS4's - I'd be interested!

Why do you not go for a set of these
642.jpg

It would make you car look different.

That is the new OEM look.

a4dtmed.jpg

And the others look stunning on, based on the MTM biomoto wheel.

406750-karsoon.jpg

Those B7 wheels are a little different - I thought the ones Coullio had posted were R32 wheels?

Have to agree that the MTM style ones are very nice. Rochford only seem to list them with 5*100 fitment though.

I realy like the MTM wheels, am looking on Rochford site but can't find them easily. Can you post a link. Thanks.

MTM ones look much nicer, can u only get these from the likes of QST?

I agree, the MTM text really adds to the wheel! Am very interested ... anyone know where they can be bought and for how much? I assume they are 18"

QS tuning

£350 per wheel and they are only available in 19" so add another £600+ for tyres.

You can buy them from germany for €650 with tyre fitted per wheel.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. I don't think I'll go as big as 19's for ride comfort and handling reasons. Also they are dear for tyres!!

So has no one fitted 235's? Is the consensus to fit 225's?

Like I said the OE 17's get shod with 235's - like the Star Alloys i have for sale in the Trading Post (plug!!).

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should stay with 235/40/18 because the overall diameter stays close to the 235/45/17. If you adjust the diameter too much your speedometer will be off too much. You really should never make the overall diameter of the wheel + tire increase or decrease.

http://www.audicrazy.com/tech.htm

As long as you stick to a 40 profile on the 18" rims, it's purely personal preference as to which width you choose. A 235 width will give you more rubber in contact with the road, so theoretically more grip, but dropping to a 225 width will not affect your grip much at all. I went from a 205 width to a 235 width, and have noticed an increase in grip, but a decrease in mpg. The wider the tyre, the higher the grip, but the worse the fuel consumption. Horses for courses etc. But, a 17" rim needs a 45 profile tyre, and an 18" rim needs a 40 profile tyre. Stick to that and your speedo wont read any differently

[ QUOTE ]
As long as you stick to a 40 profile on the 18" rims, it's purely personal preference as to which width you choose. A 235 width will give you more rubber in contact with the road, so theoretically more grip, but dropping to a 225 width will not affect your grip much at all. I went from a 205 width to a 235 width, and have noticed an increase in grip, but a decrease in mpg. The wider the tyre, the higher the grip, but the worse the fuel consumption. Horses for courses etc. But, a 17" rim needs a 45 profile tyre, and an 18" rim needs a 40 profile tyre. Stick to that and your speedo wont read any differently

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget the "profile" of the tyre is actually the percentage of the tread width - so saying that a 17 needs a 45 and an 18 needs a 40 is only true (approximately) if the trye width is the same.