Alloys Offset and Wheel Arch Clearance Help

VAG_Club001

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking at getting a brake upgrade done although the caliper (8 pot R8) I want doesn't have the clearance required so will probably need to get spacers however the problem I have is my 19" wheels are right on the wheel arch limit as it is. The offset is 48 and the width is 8.5j

Anyone running spacers with a similar wheel without any wheel arch rubbing problems?

Any advice or what I can do?

Thanks

Im running 19"x8.5 ET45 rims on my 59 plate sportback with 235 tyres fitted and i had to remove the rear arch liners to stop any rubbing,this was after i fitted eibach sportline springs tho as they didnt rub on standard black edition springs,unsure if this info is any help to you mate but thought id mention as your setup is close to mine.:friendly wink:

No mate no spacers,i got the info i needed off this forum so the wheels,offset,tyres i wanted to run all fitted ok,it was only when i lowered it when it started to rub,but was easy enough to sort that and all ok now.;)

Reactions: VAG_Club001
Thanks mate, I'm more concerned with the front as this is where I'm getting a big brake kit and need to run spacers hence the rubbing concern

Yeah totally understand buddy,if you do run into problems i think the only other option you may have is to change the wheels for a different style,maybe one that has more clearance for the calipers but doesn`t have an aggressive offset so wont rub.

Im sure someone will have done what your aiming for already,so would be very surprised if you dont get the right info to help you out,wish i could be of more help to you mate but not had my car long and im still in the learning process myself.;)

Reactions: VAG_Club001