alloy wheels looking nut key

Rhosj

Reaction score
no key came with my car
any ideas where to get one cheers

If it turns out not to be the original locking nut and you can't get the correct locking nut key you can get a socket that's slightly to small and bang it on with a hammer and then undo it..failing that a tyre shop can get them off easily.

Yeah take the car to the Audi dealer and they will try every possible key. Lost mine twice a few years back.

...and take that picture down as you're showing your lock pattern to the world and his wife. :no:

The picture won't tell anybody where the OP lives.However it might enable somebody to identify the locking wheel nut key.

come and steal them they wont have a locking wheel nut on when i remove them

The picture won't tell anybody where the OP lives.However it might enable somebody to identify the locking wheel nut key.

How many people here do you think have or will study their locking wheel nut key to see if it's a match? Did you?

..and it's not impossible that certain types don't get their "target vehicle info" from t'internet either.

But as long as we're all aware of the risks... :)

A locking wheel nut isn't going to stop someone from taking your wheels,, can get them off in seconds so it will nothing to a professional.

they are off now if someone want to come and steal them

Someone tried to steal the alloys from my Son's Fiesta a couple of weeks back, but they got disturbed in the process (I doubt they know where he lives either, as it happened when he was at his GF's), he didn't realise what the rumble from the front left was when he drove 5 miles home that night and was lucky they didn't actually remove the loosened bolts.

So I went to see an old friend that now designs\sells them! He gave me a couple of sets (still haven't got around to fitting them on mine yet), these new ones are very similar to the standard VW ones, But they have an outer ring which spins if you try to remove them with a socket as suggested above and are Thatcham Certified.

Wheel Locks 1

Wheel Locks 2

:thumbsup:

Someone tried to steal the alloys from my Son's Fiesta a couple of weeks back, but they got disturbed in the process (I doubt they know where he lives either, as it happened when he was at his GF's), he didn't realise what the rumble from the front left was when he drove 5 miles home that night and was lucky they didn't actually remove the loosened bolts.

So I went to see an old friend that now designs\sells them! He gave me a couple of sets (still haven't got around to fitting them on mine yet), these new ones are very similar to the standard VW ones, But they have an outer ring which spins if you try to remove them with a socket as suggested above and are Thatcham Certified.

View attachment 34185

View attachment 34184

:thumbsup:

Yeah these are the best if anything but still can be done.

It's like anything though..you buy the best security for your house, car et but then someone still manages to take it and your like WTF. Ha

if they want them they can have them
i will only loose the locking key so best not have any thanks

There is a tool you can buy that will remove any locking wheel nut so if its someone that wants your wheels they will.

Its just a deterrent.

Every security measure for everything is just a deterrent, but the better the deterrent, the less chance a chancer will bother with your wheels, your car, your house, your garden shed, your piggy bank, etc.