Alloy wheel repair on approved used Audi

Datastorm

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently purchased an approved used model (former VAG owned) which is 6mths old with 4k miles on the clock. The car is great, but whilst cleaning it this morning I noticed one of the wheels had been refurbed prior to my ownership (see pics).

I couldn't quite get the colour discolouration to show as much in the photos compared to real life, depends how the light shines off the wheel. You can clearly see it's been repaired.... my question is do you think this is an acceptable repair?

The black outline on the wheel design is missing is that section, looks like its just been sprayed. And my fear is over time this repair will begin to look worse. If this was your car would you complain to Audi, or is this just par for the course?

Would appreciate any advice on this matter you guys can offer, am I being over dramatic?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-03 at 11.25.29.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-03 at 11.25.29.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot 2018-11-03 at 11.26.20.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-03 at 11.26.20.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 205
If you're within the 30 days and this wasn't disclosed when you bought it, you have grounds to challenge them. Just depends what you want out of it.
That first pic you posted you can see the repair and it doesn't look great. I'd definitely complain but know what you want them to do about it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Datastorm
Wow that's a bodge not a proper refurb

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Looks like a smart repair. My experience with smart repairs is they are good enough so you can sell it out the door. They don’t normally last. 6 months or so and it will look worse.
I would challenge it but it’s unlikely they will give you a new wheel. They would say something along the lines of the price reflected this.
Most you will get is a full refurb and then it might not look as good as the factory finish or match the other wheels.
I would try and get a free service or something along those lines.

I'd get them refurb it properly, maybe all alloys or at least do both alloys on same side. Failing that get a free service and pay for the refurb yourself

If you're within the 30 days and this wasn't disclosed when you bought it, you have grounds to challenge them. Just depends what you want out of it.
That first pic you posted you can see the repair and it doesn't look great. I'd definitely complain but know what you want them to do about it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm within the 30 day windows still. Will challenge it. Thanks

Reactions: Adam14
Settle for a free service? Unless they disclosed at point of sale that the bodged alloy repair was reflected in the price of the car then I’d demand a full proper refurb of that wheel or indeed a new wheel.

Don’t “settle” for a free service. In fact, demand a full refurb AND a free service.

That’s what I’d be doing anyway.