Alloy Wheel Options

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
Now I've got the mechanicals sorted out on the A4 Avant, it's time to consider the looks and the bodywork while the weather is still nice and I feel motivated to sort things!Apart from getting the wing resprayed, I need to sort out the wheels, they're very tired looking - nibbles around the rims and one wheel has lost a significant amount of lacquer.First of all can anyone advise what style of wheel I have fitted?

They look like this:
audi-a4-estate-1-9-tdi-130-quattro-sport-5dr-1696945718-640x480.jpg

(Not my car by the way).

I could get them refurbed for £45 each or I could use this as an opportunity to get some 17" RS4 style alloys such as Mrs Seeker has fitted to her A6.Can anyone advise what other alloys were options from new on Quattro Sport Avants?If looking at other alloys, what models have wheels fitted that are comapatible my Audi (ie so I don't have to use spacers)?

Cheers

Last edited:
They're the 17" "Star" wheels as fitted to some of the later Sport models. The only standard fit 18" wheels on the A4 (not S4 Avus) wheels are the RS6 style wheels as per the S-Line.

Any Audi/VW wheels with 5x112 pcd and 57.1 bore will fit, you want to aim for an ET of 35-43 really, there's too many options to explain here! Have a Google and decide what you like, are you wanting OEM, or would reps be ok?

James, TYVM for the reply.
They're the 17" "Star" wheels as fitted to some of the later Sport models. The only standard fit 18" wheels on the A4 (not S4 Avus) wheels are the RS6 style wheels as per the S-Line.
Sorry for any confusuion but I want 17" wheels. I hate anything bigger - rotten ride quality, expensive tyres and too easy to kerb the rims.
Any Audi/VW wheels with 5x112 pcd and 57.1 bore will fit, you want to aim for an ET of 35-43 really, there's too many options to explain here!
Assume that I don't know anything about wheels other that how tyre sizes work and keep it simple. Will 17" wheels from an S6, S8 or TT fit w/out spacers?
Have a Google and decide what you like, are you wanting OEM, or would reps be ok?
OEM for definite.

Last edited:
Spend five minutes reading these which will help you undestand what you should be looking for.Offset (wheel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (This will help you understand Offsets and why you want 35-43)andWheel sizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaLater TT wheels will fit, earlier ones won't (I think they're 4 x 100 still?)I very much doubt S6 or S8's have 17" wheels however.
Thanks for the links - I'll read 'em later.My mistake re S6 - I think they're actually S4s...

17-audi-rs-4-style-alloy-wheels-1-p%5Bekm%5D299x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg