Alloy Swap

The_Ironist

Reaction score
Looking at a car with mint 19” Wing Arm Alloys.

Would anybody fancy a trade?

Looking for 19” 5 Twin Spoke Star ideally but perhaps 19” V Spoke.

I've warmed to them, but they still look like TDI alloys on an S3.

Reactions: The_Ironist
I quite like the look of them, but they seem to have a largish area that looks prone to marking. Everyone’s different though so I’m sure someone out there will prefer them the twin spokes - you might have to resort to fleabay! Some of the guys on here have got some lovely aftermarket twin spokes for sensible money.....

Here you go....

Well that was a bloomin busy evening after a day hand digging a trench for a gas main Nevertheless , the work has paid off .

Wheels washed and tyres scrubbed with TAC Systems Ultra snowfoam shampoo. Dried add cleaned with IPA. Waxed with Angelwax Bilberry Wheel Wax. Further wipe over with IPA.

Gtechniq C5 applied. Not sure if it was the colour of the wheels or the lighting conditions but found it hard to see where is applied C5. Luckily I'm a methodical type so I'm confident it applied well enough. Have a enough left over to coat the tail pipes on the A3 at some point . I do think the lint free applicators were a little meager. Would buy more next time around . Also glad I went with the 30ml bottle . Very light wipe over with an MF to even out by the C5 and that was job done . Only time will give the overall verdict I guess .

Then onto the tyres. 3 coats of TAC systems tyre dressing........ Courtesy of @Tashfeen . Thanks Tash

Initial thoughts. Love it I couldn't apply it using James method per se . Tried putting some drops on the tyre wall and leaving it a while but it just kept trying to run . Could be the shape of the tyre or me being clumsy So this is the way I applied it .

Applied a thin layer all the way around the tyre. Moved onto the next tyre and did the same . Kind of like applying a primer or undercoat layer if you like. Left for about 15 minutes. Then generously applied a good amount at 10 minute intervals around the tyre wall as if it were a clock face . Left another 5 minutes and then spread around the tyre wall untill even and smooth. After 20 minutes repeated the process. Did this for all the tyres.

I've got to say a little goes a long way, barely used much from the bottle , so can see how tash got so many coats from the amount he'd used previously .

The overall look is really good in my opinion , obviously durability add longevity only time will tell . Sat in the hallway they look bloomin good. The wheels won't go on till about 6-7pm tomorrow , so plenty of cutting time for all products . Hopefully the TAC doesnt sling .

Need some new foam applicators now though Looking forward to tomorrow and putting the new boots on the A3 .
a41135604c3f18d2963c74c2cacd92af.jpg
db99a0635fc1a7b79915ce0204ec9c62.jpg
b5df304f11502d860e58e0f93b35ba44.jpg
909d1129dd5d0de01735d07a48b68074.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotty75