Alloy/suspension advice please

G19rnt

Reaction score
hi there I've got a set of wheels I'am looking to refurb and fit to the car in springtime I believe they are from an a3 sport they are the 17" 5 spoke ones similar to the ones from an a4 s line my question is which colour to go for my car is a 3 door a3 tdi in brilliant red so I'am thinking either anthracite or just the standard silver but I can't decide.my second question is which suspension set up would be on the sport compared to the se as when I see the wheels fitted on my car the car looks quite high compared to the sport etc I though about fitting s line suspension to cure it.

Hi buddy, the quick answer is to buy some Eibach Sportline lowering springs which will lower the car by approx 50/40mm (F&R). Then get the wheels refurbed in Black Chrome which is kinda in between silver and black and look great. I've never liked really dark/black wheels - they just look filthy. To give you an idea here's my old car:

6585-1448191691-83643494f77efe657c4449939203aa39.jpg

Lastly get some 10 + 12mm H&R TRak Spacers. You car will look a million times better, handle on rails and the stance will be more aggressive.

Thanks a lot guys I'am going to go down to my local wheel refurb place and look at the colours he has I like the black edition colour so tempted with that I'am going to see him anyway as he said he might be interested in my old set of a3 s line wheels as a part ex on refurbing the new ones.i might put a post in the wanted section to see if anyone has s line suspension set up for sale after xmas as the car only gets used back and forth to work mostly it's more just to make it look better

Thanks a lot guys I'am going to go down to my local wheel refurb place and look at the colours he has I like the black edition colour so tempted with that I'am going to see him anyway as he said he might be interested in my old set of a3 s line wheels as a part ex on refurbing the new ones.i might put a post in the wanted section to see if anyone has s line suspension set up for sale after xmas as the car only gets used back and forth to work mostly it's more just to make it look better

S-line suspension is truly awful.

You need to speak to Damian @DPM and get yourself some Eibach pro-kit springs and a decent set of dampers. When they are doing the work get them to check bushes etc so that you only pay for laser alignment and labour once.

Reactions: DPM and saq85