Alloy size?

AudiSport

Reaction score
Guys,

When looking at replica 18'' RS4 alloys what size offset, pcd etc do I need to go for to fit my 2004 Audi A4?

Thank you!

5 x 112 PCD with and (offset) ET 42 or 43 (although a few either side will be ok).

ET35 i wouldnt go any less
i have ET30 rear and 35 front sits just nice
thats with 8" rims.

I have ET35 too. Never rubbed once. They really fill in the arches but better than an ET 42...

james, forgot to state that mine were reps mate, they seem to dish in alot more than others ive seen aswell.

Depends what you're asking: "what can you get away with?" or "what is OEM?"

OEM spec on the S4 is ET45.

According to VagCat, it's 8J wide, and ET43 or ET45 offset for all the 18" optionals that were available for B6s (2001-2005) Audi A4's and S4's.

And as per QJames' post: 5x112 PCD.

I've got the S4 Avus III wheels (ET45) and it does look like it would look even better if it was another 10mm or so further out (so ET35 or slightly lower), but it does look pretty reasonable and I'm not rushing out to put spacers on or to get some unknown replicas just to widen the stance slightly...

These ones I've seen have an ET of 40mm - what would they fit like?
To far in, or too far out - I get confused?

The smaller the offset the further out the wheel will sit.

ET40 is on 5mm further out than the Audi S4 spec (ET45, as per the pics in my previous post)...

5mm is nothing, so unless you're going for a serious suspension drop / wider wheels, they will fit absolutely fine... there's people running ET35 and lower (further out), so that should be spot on - wider, but still pretty close to OEM spec...

If I was in the market for non-OEM wheels and could pick pretty much any offset I would probably go for about ET35-ET40 as the ET45 doesn't look that wide really...

Max width without lowering is prob 30 on the rear and 35 on the front. With lowering it'd prob make those numbers go up a few mm. Also remember the lower the ET, the more wear you're putting on the bearings - so be prepared for accelerated wear.

Max width without lowering is prob 30 on the rear and 35 on the front. With lowering it'd prob make those numbers go up a few mm. Also remember the lower the ET, the more wear you're putting on the bearings - so be prepared for accelerated wear.
Sorry accelerated wear on bearings were talking 10mm here not 30+mm and im fairly low on the rear with ET30 and never have rubbing even loaded .

Sorry accelerated wear on bearings were talking 10mm here not 30+mm and im fairly low on the rear with ET30 and never have rubbing even loaded .

Mate, Im Et35 too remember! I just figure, anymore than was designed is going to put more strain on the bearings, even if only tiny.

Anyway, I'm off to wheelpower to get some 5mm spacers put on the rear :rockwoot:

ET30 = 15mm wider than the S4....

That said, I'd be tempted to take mine out from ET45 to ET35 or so :)

edit: any idea if having a wider track at the rear will mess with the Quattro at all?

wider track at the rear wont do anything to quattro
only look better :thumbsup:

ET30 = 15mm wider than the S4....

That said, I'd be tempted to take mine out from ET45 to ET35 or so :)

edit: any idea if having a wider track at the rear will mess with the Quattro at all?

Cant see why, as we havent changed the rolling diameter of the wheels. thats the only thing that would screw with the diffs between axles. the individual diffs would have to work a little harder on cornering perhaps, but I cant see why they couldnt manage it; i imagine the difference would be almost immesurable.

could be completely wrong...

I was just worried that if the car starts to drift on a sheet of water (or ice!) the ESP should straighten it back out again, but if the system if getting more rotation out of tweaking one of the rear brakes than it is getting out of the front brakes it could just over-correct and start the car fish-tailing...

what spacers fit well on the rear hubs? I saw some 8mm Trak+ Hubcentrics goign for a good price, but I wasn't sure if there was too much of a lip for them to fit...

I used H+R hubcentrics on mine so i cant say other than that .

of course thats what they model them as DOH.

The ones i have are 10mm

of course thats what they model them as DOH.

yep ;)

and then the "doh!" from me... the last H&R Trak+ I had were 15mm hubcentrics, but it seems that once they get down to 8mm, they're flat, meaning that the £40 that is being asked for them in the classifieds is pretty much bang on the retail price! so I think I'll just hold out for some proper 10-12mm ones...

thanks for the info - good to have as a guide that 10mm hubcentrics will fit...

Last edited: