Alloy Refurb - how much per alloy roughly?

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Arvo,

While she's in getting her bodywork repaired, I've asked to get a price on refurbishing an alloy that has a nasty scuff on it. What is a good/normal price for this? Or is it worth saving the £ and getting some new ones?

Cheers all

na mate, i think its only about £40 quid a corner

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:
Arvo,

While she's in getting her bodywork repaired, I've asked to get a price on refurbishing an alloy that has a nasty scuff on it. What is a good/normal price for this? Or is it worth saving the £ and getting some new ones?

Cheers all

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just save for some new ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The cost of refurb is around £40-£50, so isnt much... but save for some new ones anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You get what you pay for with refurbs, some will just sand down the affected area , fill it, primer it and then spray.

Others will diamond cut the alloy back, then primer and paint.

Depends what finish you are after (also some have poor methods when applying the paint, so it may peel after a while) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nice one cheers for that.

Defo Delboy thats what I'm thinking, I'll find out how they'll do it. Is the diamond cut the better way for a finer finish? Ideally back to orginal status though that may notbe achievable, I guess you never know until they finish it off.

Yeah Rich, been looking on Rochford tyres with some interest..any other sites do you know of?

depends what your looking for really! Anything in specific?

Tempted by the RS6 like yours, but have seen some Kahn RSR ones that tickle my fancy or Mille Miglia EV-S or F20's.

The ****** choice is endless!!! Just want some basic not too flashy + easy to clean !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:
Tempted by the RS6 like yours, but have seen some Kahn RSR ones that tickle my fancy or Mille Miglia EV-S or F20's.

The ****** choice is endless!!! Just want some basic not too flashy + easy to clean !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The RS6's are easy to clean... in fact, they couldnt be any easier. You can clean the WHOLE wheel without taking them off the car!

My next set of wheels will be ultra flashy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif in a semi *bling* kinda way, but not too much! Should look SCHWEET! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif