Alloy Deep Clean - Products and Advice?

laudavis

Reaction score
Website
www.laurahdavis.co.uk
Hi Everyone!

I am going to get my best friend to take my alloys off my car in a couple of weeks so that they can be deep cleaned! There is a dark grey/green grease that came off the inside of the alloy when i last washed the car using some alloy cleaner. I did have a leaking shock absorber so i wonder if this grease may be from that - anyone have any ideas and also any product recommendations for cutting through the grease - my autoglym clean wheels didn't touch it!

Thanks

L xxx

I'd second that, it's the best selling wheel cleaner we have - for very good reason!

Ironx will tackle most of the job, it's PH balanced so won't damage the wheels either. However, given the strength of it, i'd recommend something like Valetpro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner for regular cleaning & Ironx for tougher jobs.

Hope this helps!

Matt.

Sure you don't have a leaking gator on a cv joint there normally pack with a thick sticky greenish grease?

As above dark green grease is usually from a CV joint. White spirit will usually clean this off though.

Reactions: laudavis
Might be a split in gator or have popped off best checked though Laura or it will cost you a fair bit if the cv joint goes dry and eats itself.

Would say a bad CV gator pull the wheels off and just move them around and you may find the hole

Hi guys so the alloys came off the Audi today and we found a crack in the gator! Must be where the grease was coming from, used auto finesse iron out to clean the wheels and they have come up good! Anyone know how expensive this is to repair? Xx

Not to expensive but get a garage to do it as its a really messy job and I am a great believer in doing as much as I can myself

Yea don't want it going dry plus it will only mess your wheel up again