Allignment ?

Dusty Des

300bhp tfsi
Reaction score
Website
paintings-by-des-pickering.weebly.com
Well Ive had the car 2 weeks now and love her. But
A5 S-Line Quattro 2015 2ltr 225bhp

She had a problem with road holding. On a long straight she would not hold a straight line, I would have to put constant small steering adjustments in all the time Right then Left then Right etc
She has now been back to Audi who have done 4 wheel alignment and have said that the tyres have uneven wear. This make sense if alignment was out. There was no mechanic to talk to on Saturday and no job sheet so don't know what adjustments were made. So I'm awaiting 2 new tyres to be fitted free of charge this week.
The car now does not need as much input to keep her straight but yesterday I overtook 3 cars at about 60 and when I puled back in the front end was all over the place, side to side like id hit black ice. The front felt like it had gone very light like towing a caravan and was hard to keep going straight until she settled.

Hoping the new tyres will solve this and will not be driving until new tyres are fitted.

Wow that sounds very dodgy. What make are the tyres that are fitted ? .That sounds more like an alignment issue to me TBH. Hopefully the tyres will help, sometimes tyres fo out of shape and can cause issues. Also are they fitted correctly ?, If they are directional tyres are they running in the correct direction. Have you checked the tyre pressures.

Pirelli Tyres, fitted when I got her have checked the pressures and all correct (I use my own gauge as garage ones are never right. I ride bikes as well) Directional tyres fitted to correct sides. Wheel alignment done just waiting for new tyres to be fitted and will see how it is.

Had new tyres fitted Continentals on front. 1 1/2 hrs to fit 2 tyres and gave back with tyre grease left all over tyres and wheels and filthy.
They didn't clean leaves out of bulk head or answer question about air con working.
No one to talk to when finished as they were all, in a meeting.
They told me they didn't do the 4 wheel alignment which it went in for as mechanic decided it didn't need it.
How the hell can you know if steering geometry is out by looking.
The job card is lost (no not lost but misplaced as I was told) to see the work carried out.
Phoned Audi Oxford yesterday and had a rant at sales guy, my point of contact.
The manager is phoning today.
To be fair the salesman and Manager have been good its the rest of Audi Oxford who have let me down.
They should know that communication is key, try talking to someone? and getting a proper answer or even listen.
I guess £19,000 is a poor mans amount to spend on a car and when you have spent it they loose interest in you.

Spoke to them today. They have checked and wheel alignment wasn't done as requested? So going back in to have it done by an outside company as their machine is now not working. Booked in for Thursday

Had mine done by ATS euromaster for £65 last week I’ve found them better and cheaper than Audi in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk