All you need to know about B7 front bumper grilles, well allmost all.

Thought this may help for some. This my grill on my B7 Sline cab. It has a non Sline bumper as fitted at the factory.

View attachment 83003
The tell tail sign is the opening bellow the grill in the front bumper. The Sline has a much narrower opening making the grills dimensions taller, not sure about width etc. There are more options with this the standard bumper than on an Sline bumper.
I hope this helps.
HI, I HAVE AN 06 S LINE CAB, SAME BUMPER AS YOUR PIC, DOES THE STD GRILLE FIT? I ONLY NEED THE CHROME SURROUND BUT GETTING VARIOUS INFO ON WHAT WILL OR WONT FIT, ANY HELP APPRECIATED CHEERS

So although I have a 2007 A4 s line Cab it is fitted with a non s line front bumper?

332e87e49ddc2c50d7e3989649df6e71.jpg

I personally don't like the bars through where there should be a grill with the fog in... I want to get RS honeycomb grill and think it should have grills where these bars are. Can I change bumper easily? Ie does it use same mount points etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I NEED A CHROME SURROUND FOR MY 06, S LINE CAB, IT HAS SAME BUMPER AS YOURS, DO YOU KNOW IF STD A4 GRILLE FITS THIS TYPE OF S LINE BUMPER, CHEERS FOR ANY HELP

HI, MY 06 S LINE CAB HAS SAME BUMPER AS YOURS, DOES A STD A4 GRILLE FIT, I NEED THE CHROME SURROUND BUT GETTING CONFLICTING INFO ON WHAT WILL AND WONT FIT

HI, MY 06 S LINE CAB HAS SAME BUMPER AS YOURS, DOES A STD A4 GRILLE FIT, I NEED THE CHROME SURROUND BUT GETTING CONFLICTING INFO ON WHAT WILL AND WONT FIT
Hi you have a se bumper mate ive replied to you other threa mate.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
arfter reading this iam liking the mesh grills behind the fog light lovers. can these be brought or are these home made.

Anyone got a video or pictures of how to change the bulbs on a sline b7 fog light?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Anyone got a video or pictures of how to change the bulbs on a sline b7 fog light?

Thanks

Just pull the fog light grill off and unscrew the housing. Otherwise you’ll have to take the bumper off or reach under or around.

Reactions: dubcool.pc
Just pull the fog light grill off and unscrew the housing. Otherwise you’ll have to take the bumper off or reach under or around.

Brilliant thanks

I have recently fitted my personal plate, it is a short plate and the gap at the sides of the front plate are starting to bug me, is there a smooth plate panel available for s-line front bumper? I have been looking but haven't found what I'm after, I'm sure they exist but don't know the part number or correct name, any help appreciated

several plate filler options are available but not all are listed, look in the parts database under the bodywork section for you model and you will see what the options are and their part number aswell.

to make things easy here is the direct link to the page you need.
https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a4+s4+avant+quattro/a4q/2006-454/8/807-807035/

hope that helps.
rob

Thanks Rob, I'll have a look, i've been a member for a long time but been out of an Audi for years so getting used to the site again

EDIT.... Just tried using that, it looks like i want number 4, but can't find information on that part, all of the others except that one :(

Last edited:
Looking to do the RS6 grill mod on my A4 B7 s-line.
I’ve noticed that the “RS6 style” grill that fits the A6 is a lot cheaper on eBay, does anyone know if this is big enough to cut up and use on my A4 grill?

Thanks.

I have a full S-Line equipped car
Where can I find alternative grills for it ?

you'll be struggling to find many viable alternatives chap hence why so many guys go the oem RS4 grille route .....

Im fancy the s4 grille for mine, but second hand these seem even rarer than the rs4 ones!

not many around but a lot cheaper, two on ebay recently, both new and cost sub £200......still cheaper new than rs4 ones aswell.

You'll be struggling to find many viable alternatives,
hence why so many guys go the Audi oem RS4 grille route.
I'm fancy the S4 grille for mine,
but second hand these seem even rarer than the RS4 ones !
Not many around but a lot cheaper,
two on ebay recently, both new and cost sub £200......still cheaper new than RS4 ones aswell.

So you guys mean that the S4 grill fits an S-Line bumper to 100 % ?

S4 B7 grille is an off the shelf fit without any issue as the bumper is an s-line bumper.

My car has parking sensors in the license plate holder.
If I swap grill to one where the plate holder does not have sensors, can I simply disconnect my sensors without any issue?
Alternatively, can I find a plate holder (black) with sensor cutouts plus sensor covers in black?
Thanks

My car has parking sensors in the license plate holder.
If I swap grill to one where the plate holder does not have sensors, can I simply disconnect my sensors without any issue?
Alternatively, can I find a plate holder (black) with sensor cutouts plus sensor covers in black?
Thanks

If you just disconnect the front sensors, you have end up with the rears not working, this happened to mine when a front sensor went down, are you changing the colour of the grill? Also all the sensors are identical just the colour is different so no covers.

If you just disconnect the front sensors, you have end up with the rears not working, this happened to mine when a front sensor went down, are you changing the colour of the grill? Also all the sensors are identical just the colour is different so no covers.

Yes, I am changing from silver grill to black optics grill. The plate holder and sensors are silver too and that's what I need to deal with somehow.

When you say all sensors are the same, you mean for the plate holder(s) or you mean for the entire vehicle? If they are going to be identical for the entire vehicle then I can buy two new unpainted sensors that are not specifically for the plate holder...

Here's a picture of what I am dealing with:

wrjgpv.jpg

grey is the standard color for the s-line grille plate holder, all grilles have the PDC holes but the plate holder assembly and cover are different if you have PDC or not.

If you checkout the parts diagram section for b7 's you will see what option are available with or without PDC.

If you checkout the parts diagram section for b7 's you will see what option are available with or without PDC.

It wasn't in the diagrams (from what I could tell), but I found it googling: "8E0807285BC".
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the gray sensors: get black sensors somehow or maybe strip the paint with acetone(?)

Why don’t you just spray the plate holder and sensors black. Just key them first with some fine grade paper and spray them

And whatever you do don’t use acetone on the sensors as they end up melting

Reactions: Charlie Farley
The grille on my avant was cracked when i bought thw car so i repaired and painted it turning it jnto the all black varient like yours, i resprayed mine satin black if this helps and looks the dogs bo**ocks!
IMG 20180701 46938
IMG 20180701 35409

Reactions: tr7, AvantMike, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
yep all in progress martin, it's Christmas every day.....lol
pm me when they arrive .

rob

Reactions: martin1984
I just thought I'd add to the bumper info.
If anyone is contemplating changing their front bumper (say if they have an s-line cab with the standard non-s-line bumper) to the s4/s-line shape and they have a 3.0 v6 tdi then they will have to cut the existing intercooler scoops to fit the new s4/s-line bumper as they are not an exact swap without the scoop modification.
Many s-line bumpers only have one open intercooler scoop.
Hope that helps someone.

Glad I found this thread. I have a new grille to fit on my b7 and now I'm well confused lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nothing to be confused about chap , you just need to be sure on what bumper you have at the moment as that will dictate what will fit and what you will need.