All Windows open/closed

pcmanning

Reaction score
On our A4 holding the open/close down on the key opens/closes all the windows - I'm sure my S3 did this once, but seems to have stopped - am I losing my mind? Should it do it?

Paul

Its a coding option with vagcom, also I assume your auto one touch open/close on the door window switches are still working, if not then this would also stop the window roll up/down on remote, might be an error thrown in the car that needs clearing as this also stops these functions from working, either reset your windows by holding the window switch up until closed & then down until fully open, do few times, this restores one touch or get vagcom on the car to check for errors & coding, I also sell the genuine vagcom if you're interested.

Cheers - will try and reset and see what happens. Sadly no dosh free for a vagcom at the mo :(

Paul

Its a coding option with vagcom, also I assume your auto one touch open/close on the door window switches are still working, if not then this would also stop the window roll up/down on remote, might be an error thrown in the car that needs clearing as this also stops these functions from working, either reset your windows by holding the window switch up until closed & then down until fully open, do few times, this restores one touch or get vagcom on the car to check for errors & coding, I also sell the genuine vagcom if you're interested.

Hi mate im slightly intersted in the vagcom. Can you please pm me how much you are looking for them, cheers.

Haz

Ok -checked things out - one of the rear windows one touch open close appears to be crocked, have tried to reset it, no joy :( Visit to dealer?!

Paul

Few options Paul, 1st is of course if you're sure its a car fault & you havnt messed with anything they would know of so no charges then go there under warranty given new car, 2nd is ask someone on the forum to vagcom car & check for any errors thrown as could be error in door module stopping this working, they can clear & test beer tokens & a cost element of course or 3rd buy vagcom yourself for now & future use for changes, checks & clear any issues you may have, your choice, but needs checking for sure if reset didnt resolve window auto feature.

I sell vagcom if you would be after the system.

My VR6 had a full closure system ie lock the doors and it shut the sun roof and windows as well..........can i get the A3 to do that with my vag com ?

vagcom will allow this to run with remote in 2 ways, with remote by holding the lock button down & then you can code to hold lock button down until it starts closing then release & will do rest for you, now with my folding mirror & full closure mod can be done with one click folding & unfolding quite the contrary to Staz's comments saying I said it didnt work, works 100%

Mine shuts everthing if i hold the button but i would like to get it one touch, cheers, will look into that . dont have the folding mirrors on this car.

the car doesnt support one click mate, it does support as mentioned hold until starts closing then release, to get one click then mod is required in wiring in drivers door.

OK - so reset the one flaky window now, and still no remote all open/close, started fiddling with the DIS setup and low, there's a "convenience" setting for Windows - ticked it to automatic and things are working again.

Would the flaky window have turned this off, or could it be a side effect of the dealer visit to fix the alarm? I'm sure it worked when I first got the car!

happy now - especially since I've gotten around to burning some MP3 CDs which work a treat - song/album titles - the lot!
:yahoo:
Paul

Yeah if they were in convenience settings when messing with alarm then could of very well turned it of mate, glad its fixed, now I see they are including alot more in the DIS, interesting, would be nice to know which module you have installed under 09 in vagcom out of interest as this usually affects these features showing in the DIS

Any easy way to check the module version for you without a VAGCOM?

Paul

Well looking above the footwell at the network board would be fairly quick, but has the trim covering that area, could just ask audi with your vin what the J519 board is on your car on page 937-00 in etka part number 1.