Q2 All windows down ?

LesleyG

Reaction score
Hello all,
Husband drives a 2020 Q2 - went out this morning and all 4 windows were fully down.
As he works from home the car didn’t go anywhere yesterday and it spent all day (in full sunshine) and all night on the driveway.
My S3 was parked beside it and when i came home around 9pm i can’t remember seeing that the windows of the Q2 were down, but to be fair i wasn’t looking.
Thankfully no damage or anything, nothing missing inside the car, and no water damage cos of the weather lol - but has anyone ever come across this before ?
All 4 windows of the car fully down, randomly ?

I would say the most obvious thing that comes to mind is it is possible that the unlock button was pressed down.
There is an option in the MMI to switch on/off this feature whereby you hold the unlock button down and the windows go down, hold the lock button down, windows go up.
I know many people who have done this while the key is in their bag/pockets pressing against something including myself although I've switched this off so in my case, its usually the boot that flies open!

Thanks for the reply, i’ll check this on the MMI.
They keys are kept in a drawer but it’s definitely a possibility that the button was pressed down in his pocket before he went out to the car.
It was actually useful the windows being down this morning as the car wasn’t like a sauna when he got in, but can’t see it being handy on a wet day !
Thanks again for your help.

Pocket press without a doubt imho, probably when bending forward.

Reactions: LesleyG