Facelift All weather lights

FR4NC15

Reaction score
Morning guys and girls!

Just taken delivery of a new A3 Sportback 1.6 Sport with the Xenon headlight units and I'm trying to understand the functioning of the all weather lights.

When the all weather lights are switched on and you then place the hazard indicators on, how come the all weather lights turn off? And the same happens when the all weather lights are turned on and you indicate left or right, the all weather light for that side will turn off whichever way your indicating.

Anyone shed any more info on this? Cheers!

I thought that was normal, even without the all weather lights. At least I thought DRLs dim, don't know about the other beams... I guess so the indicators are more visible, so likewise when hazard lights are on both will dim.

I thought that was normal, even without the all weather lights. At least I thought DRLs dim, don't know about the other beams... I guess so the indicators are more visible, so likewise when hazard lights are on both will dim.

I'd agree - DRL'S go out when the indicators are on with the LED lights as well so assume the same with the hazards not that I've ever tried