ALL(!) Wales Meet

AudiMaz

Reaction score
Just an idea (i get the odd one now and again :))..... How about an all Wales Meet?

I was thinking of North, South and West, (i was thinking East too, but i don't know of any Audi owners that live in the sea!!) all converging in one area. Places that came to mind and trying to keep it central with the idea of everyone having a good/interesting run out are:- Aberystwyth, The Red Kite centre up in the Plymlymon Mts (probably spelt that wrong) or Builth Wales show ground area?

What do you guys reckon? Any suggestions? Any other places that spring to mind which would be central to everyone?

Let me know, thanks.

I would try to be there Maz, just cpl things to do to the car, if a date is sorted it may prompt me to get off my lazy butt n sort bits out....txt me if anything comes of this as i dont get on here very often:redrs4:

Will do Grant. :icon_thumright:
Any body else up for this?
Times , dates, place/s can be sorted as when the numbers increase...
Anybody???

Maz. You can count on me .

Cool... slowly getting there with the numbers. I really should have put 'All Wales Meet' as the thread title. As that is the intention. Hopefully we get enough numbers by the summer.

Remember this is for ALL AUDIS. After all this is the Audi Forum!!

if i can get a few gremlins out of my car il be up for it even if i have to push it there lol just let me know where and when :icon_thumright:

Just an idea (i get the odd one now and again :))..... How about an all Wales Meet?

I was thinking of North, South and West, (i was thinking East too, but i don't know of any Audi owners that live in the sea!!) all converging in one area. Places that came to mind and trying to keep it central with the idea of everyone having a good/interesting run out are:- Aberystwyth, The Red Kite centre up in the Plymlymon Mts (probably spelt that wrong) or Builth Wales show ground area?

What do you guys reckon? Any suggestions? Any other places that spring to mind which would be central to everyone?

Let me know, thanks.
Well Maz will be a confirmed No-Show then... Seeing as his map's upside-down (the wet bit is West ;)). Anyway, he makes a great suggestion though - It'd be great to get enough of us together with some cones, hi-vis and satellite phones - that way we could close the Western reaches of the 470 and have some proper fun :) Still, even without going to such lengths I reckon this is a winner of an idea. Picking a meeting point (and/or start/finish if we're going to do a little sight-seeing) is going to be tricky if it's to be fair for the majority. I'd say Machynlleth or Aberwristwatch would be decent meeting/start points, perhaps even Pontrhydfendigaid, as Machynlleth/Aber are fairly central on the coast routes, but perhaps somewhere Dolgellau area would be handier for North-Walians, but then that's farther again for the folks who WILL (Mark & Stace) be coming from the South East part of Wales. I guess the ideal would be to head for somewhere like Bala/Welshpool/Llanidloes as they're fairly civilised and central, but of course whichever way we drive then, we'll going to be heading away from three-quarters of the attendees' homes.

Perhaps if everyone who's serious about attending could post a rough location where they'll be setting-out from, then we can look for the best locations to meet/start - Perhaps a copy 'n' paste post with point of origin might help?

It'd be nice to tour some of the Elan Valley if we're going to do it, if we're lucky with traffic (it can't be a Sunday!) the roads that way are fantastic, and back-drops for group/car photos aren't too shabby either...

If we're looking forward far enough, we'll hopefully be in attendance with a B5 and an 8L.

All the best,

Rob.

Last edited:
Departure Locations:

AudiMaz - ? (Somewhere South-West now is it?)
G8ANT - ? (Somewhere along the South/Eastern-end of the 470?)
CMD - Neath/Port Talbot/Swansea Area
drmole - Mountain Ash
tazzy baby - Mighty Merthyr
S4twiggy - Mighty Merthyr
Sarah's A3 - Clearly Lost :p
FactionOne - Swansea/Llanelli/Carmarthen Area
Ming Blue - Swansea/Llanelli/Carmarthen Area
Byzan A4 - Near the Bridges
Purple Princess - Near the Bridges

Thanks Rob... must of been in Australia when i wrote the north, south, east and west. lol. Told you only get the odd idea, after that the brain malfunctions!!! lol

AudiMaz - ? (Somewhere South-West now is it?) More of the mid West now than the South West.
G8ANT - ? (Somewhere along the South/Eastern-end of the 470?)
CMD - Neath/Port Talbot/Swansea Area
drmole - Mountain Ash
tazzy baby - Mighty Merthyr
S4twiggy - Mighty Merthyr
Sarah's A3 - Clearly Lost :p
FactionOne - Swansea/Llanelli/Carmarthen Area
Ming Blue - Swansea/Llanelli/Carmarthen Area
Byzan A4 - Near the Bridges
Purple Princess - Near the Bridges

Numbers are looking good. When i get a chance over the weekend i'll have a look on the map so that we can make it as central to everyone as possible. Some excellent ideas there Rob, definately put some/all of those ideas into play.

What i would like to know is a general idea as to when people are available as this will make it easy to organise and put together and more importantly fair to everyone. :)

the weekend is best for me as long as its not on may the 9th or 10th as im going away for my b day and on the 28th of may my little girl is going away and me and the wife are going for a little break and well be back on the 8th of june so any time after that will be a good also

you all know me by now, ill be there 100% guys and gals. somewhere pretty central in wales would be good but all of us on here are mostly from the south but hopefully some northern members are on here and fancy a meet, its about time we got summin together seeing as there is a big welsh following, well done mazzy mate for announcing this

Sorry for delay, just had a quick look on map (more for the distance than anything else). Every one give or take will be looking to do around trip of 200 miles to most places in Mid Wales, which isn't too bad (inc Sarah's A3), from there on in to where ever we go is anyones guess. lol. I know that there are lovely runs all over Wales (i must have done at least 50% of them by now, probably more); but keeping central as possible the Elan Valley is very nice. Any where in the mountains is also an excellent place too.
Come on all you others throw some ideas this way.

Places so far suggested to meet:-
Elan Valley - Not sure
Aberystwyth - plenty of cafes here
Machynlleth - Not sure
Llanidloes - there were plenty of cafes here (been along time since i've been there)
Red Kite Centre (Powys) - nice cafe and stunning scenery.

Add your suggestions to the above please guys and gals we can go from there. :yes:
When.... I was thinking more towards the summer depending on other trips going on. Weekend time is good. (not keen on bank holidays as there's always too much traffic) Not sure when other trips ie the Ring etc are on.

sounds good mate, im easy so ill be there wherever it is. have you got a date in mind then mate?

you might have to count me out on this one, ill be losing my job in 2 weeks so all my funds are tied up now until i can get another job, really wanted to come to this meet but i have no choice.

Sorry to hear that Grant! It's not nice, been there myself. Good luck on job hunting, got anything lined up? :friends:

nothin lined up as yet, cant really apply for anything due to my company going into liquidation so ill be out of work on the 21st of may, until then i cant sign on as i will lose my redundancy and holiday pay so have to wait a few weeks(with no pay) until the liquidators can sort things and get my pay and things sorted. ill be looking in a different area now though as ive had enough of working in the coal industry

Sorry to hear Grant. Hope things turn around for the better quickly. Times are hard and i think it will get harder before things get better. Hoping things will improve after the elections for the economy.... but i doubt it :(. Good luck in finding a new job and you Tazzy B.

I was thinking more towards the summer time anyway as i know i won't be free till then.

be good to see where the meet is as i mite be able to come if i can just afford the petrol

this is looking pretty slim aint it guys, i think GTI is putting people off this one but lets not disregard it as its a good idea from mazzy. i think we should try and get everyone together after GTI and before AITP. if we start confirming places an stuff then some might know more if they will be there or not so lets try and get a place sorted and go from there.

Alright guys & gals.

Hope your all well, been a while since i've been on here or spoke to again of you. If you do decide to have a met let me know as i'll 100% come and see if nathan wants to come.

Alright guys & gals.

Hope your all well, been a while since i've been on here or spoke to again of you. If you do decide to have a met let me know as i'll 100% come and see if nathan wants to come.

Scarlet Pimpernel is back in town, ive sent you an email ,you will know what its about. Please can you deal with it.