All new S3

I bought a new Tv just before xmas a 65 ,, Samsung Q80t QLED not sure how good it is in tech terms but it looks good on the living room wall :grinning:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I bought a new Tv just before xmas a 65 ,, Samsung Q80t QLED not sure how good it is in tech terms but it looks good on the living room wall :grinning:

Q80 is a good one mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, pburv and 1 other person
Some tasty kit you have there @jassyo06 :icon thumright:
and you too @Chris4410 :icon thumright:

I'm similar to you both and have a cinema sound set up in the front room with amp & B&W speakers / sub.
As you say Chris, when mounted on the wall, the OLED's look superb - if anything that is the worrying part wall mounting as the screens are so thin :)
I've also got a 4k blu ray player and nvidia shield and agree top line 4k material looks incredible.
I bought the LG C8 just over 2 years ago and it still impresses me today which is testament to just how good these tv's are.
The 48" C10 I bought just before Christmas is fantastic too.
We have one room in the house which does get a lot of light so planning to get a new Samsung for that at some point.

Looks like we all share an interest in cars as well as tv's :sunglasses:

The Red Rel T9i is a limited Ed subwoofer painted in Ferrari Rosso Corsa with Carbon bits....ye know me and colours am a sucker lol l think it was the 77 C9 l was going to get in late 2019 but the one connect box on the Sammy sold it for me....OLED v QLED just like Mercedes v Audi lol
but in my honest opinion streaming comes nowhere close to Physical media ie disc for pq and sound quality

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
All that's missing is the popcorn and pick n mix lol

Yer forgetting they've no been making any movies fir the last year.....lol and the ones they have made.....the studios are waiting on that flu thing to subside....
but the Mods will soon turn up....ie Darth Mod Vaders and tell us to keep on Topic but the force is stronger lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and pburv
That lot went straight over my head lol I'm quite content to just have a decent picture. I totally see where you lot are coming from though. Having a home cinema set up and being able to have it to the max must be awesome.:rockwoot:

Just like you and yer water pistols ...............lol

Yer forgetting they've no been making any movies fir the last year.....lol and the ones they have made.....the studios are waiting on that flu thing to subside....
but the Mods will soon turn up....ie Darth Mod Vaders and tell us to keep on Topic but the force is stronger lol
The tech on the new Bond film will be well out of date before it's released lol

Reactions: AdamInKent, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Without starting the old manual vs auto debate lol would you go back to manual. Personally I can't find myself going back. I've had three A3's now and all have been DSG. A great combo I think with the way traffic is these days.
Can't believe I said three A3's:hopelessness: It's actually four. I keep forgetting my S3 is an A3....That's a lot of three's and a four no wonder I was confused :scared2: lol
I have actually now had 12 VAG cars since 2005... I must be blinking mad ha ha:blink:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin

You know what they say mate ... if you can’t beat em :)

ok everyone ... time for a few snippets of discussion on the S3 :icon thumright:

erm ..... ?

hmm .... ?

:blink:

I’m trying ... ?

There’s gotta be something I can think of :sadlike:

I’m sure something will come to me :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mr Freeze, BarryG79, Jcbmally and 3 others

ok everyone ... time for a few snippets of discussion on the S3 :icon thumright:

erm ..... ?

hmm .... ?

I’m trying ... ?

What size OLED tv can fit in the back of an S3 ?

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
@Snake Pliskin @pburv - PMSL at you 2!
laughing.gif

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Well that roll didn't last long.:whistle2: lol
So Best OLED tv vs Samsung Q in 50" and price please.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Oled at this size 55 inch or get a 65 inch qled for the same dosh....so junior won't **** it up with screen burn

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

My advice is wait until you can go back to a shop and watch the same content side by side. Then make your decision.

I went to the shop with the full intention of buying a Samsung QLED set, I even knew the exact model I was after.

That was until I watched a 4k movie on both sets playing side by side, at this point there was no contest.

Even my wife who has absolutely zero interest in tech and picture quality, asked why the picture on the QLED was so bad compared to the OLED

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Are we talking about the Astra:whistle2: lol
Good quality dust bin them. :whistle2:
@Jcbmally Hope you don't mind us going slightly off topic on your thread. lol
I'm sure normal discussions will resume shortly.:thumbs up:
Don't mind at all, its the mods that will have ya :busted cop:
That’s because the new S3 is a pile of **** and no one wants to discuss it:laughing:
Now now, you'll set them off :sadlike:
Depends what you feed the TV with??? l am a home cinema buff 4k blu-ray etc my set had to be wall mounted and oleds look a bit clumsy wall mounted l have just treated myself to one of these it replaced a REL T7i l also have the rel ht1508 sub...it can be an expensive hobby this a bedroom system lol
89f0ae1955ec4ac9156bb3501faf3503.jpg
001df3e46e320517ad91a1c6e2716757.jpg
7fc9fa5205d54f150f148756cd2d7f1b.jpg
60cb4de0cbe3a9ab8ab66b4f4b3dd7ff.jpg
a1749b9b66bc176ad796e7d13b56a6b4.jpg

But will it fit in the TT :haha:
Cannae beat some boom in yer bedroom mate the other sub the ht1508 aka the Predator can actually move the king size bed ...its a bit OTT ....but one day I'll move it down to living room

:sex: in the bedroom would be a bonus for me :whip:
Make sure the curtains are pulled when you do! :sex:lol
:cower::cower:
It wasnt me Col, it's all them other peeps :yes::yes::sly::sly:

erm ..... ?

hmm .... ?

I’m trying ... ?

doh.gif
rofl2.gif
the new Audi 8,,,,,,,,,,WHY ,,,,,,,,,,
runaway.gif

Sorry mate ... I wouldn’t usually ... but this lot are a bad influence on me :shrug: :tearsofjoy:
yellowcard.gif
:haudrauf: c'mon snake, you loved it
cheeky.gif
cheeky.gif

Reactions: Bristle Hound, pburv, Jassyo06 and 2 others

doh.gif
rofl2.gif
runaway.gif

yellowcard.gif
cheeky.gif
cheeky.gif

ha ha brilliant :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally

erm ..... ?

hmm .... ?

I’m trying ... ?

C’mon now
Think man , think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Back on topic, I wonder if Audi will bring forward a mild facelift/update if sales are affected.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv and Jassyo06
Actually
Thinking of audis
I feel all audis including the S3 have the best tail lights through the complete range
Closely followed by all new BMWs especially the 2 series
So there are some good things going on in the design department at least
So not all bad in my eyes

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jassyo06
Actually
Thinking of audis
I feel all audis including the S3 have the best tail lights through the complete range

Audi have always led the field on light designs ... but those front lights are MASSIVE !!

778A9CC8 FD50 4107 9F1F 8BE85DB1D146

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I’m a big fan of the lights. It’s one of the things I really like about the car: though more-so the matrix lights with the razor slit DRL eyebrows.

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and PeteRS3lee
That lot went straight over my head lol I'm quite content to just have a decent picture. I totally see where you lot are coming from though. Having a home cinema set up and being able to have it to the max must be awesome.:rockwoot:

Just catching up....no worries on burn on new model OLED telly, unless as previously pointed out with gaming static picture left on for an hour or more.
My new Sony Oled HDI UHD XBR 55 A8H delivers a stunning picture even better than my old Plasma which was pretty damn good
Major benefits..blacks to die for...view from any angle ( LCD can not do this) .....best picture quality.
4 more days to go of burn in(150 hours) and then I will fully calibrate it.

Great to see some of the old gang back with their humour and insights.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 2 others
Oled at this size 55 inch or get a 65 inch qled for the same dosh....so junior won't **** it up with screen burn

Could possibly stretch to a 55"? Cheers buddy:thumbs up:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
My advice is wait until you can go back to a shop and watch the same content side by side. Then make your decision.

I went to the shop with the full intention of buying a Samsung QLED set, I even knew the exact model I was after.

That was until I watched a 4k movie on both sets playing side by side, at this point there was no contest.

Even my wife who has absolutely zero interest in tech and picture quality, asked why the picture on the QLED was so bad compared to the OLED
Yeah Won't buy unless I've had a demo first.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Chris4410 and Snake Pliskin

doh.gif
rofl2.gif
runaway.gif

yellowcard.gif
cheeky.gif
cheeky.gif
I bet this post took you a while to compose lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Jcbmally, BarryG79 and Snake Pliskin
Actually
Thinking of audis

I actually like the way Seat have the rear lights set up on the new Leon. Looks great at night.:yes:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Just catching up....no worries on burn on new model OLED telly, unless as previously pointed out with gaming static picture left on for an hour or more.
My new Sony Oled HDI UHD XBR 55 A8H delivers a stunning picture even better than my old Plasma which was pretty damn good
Major benefits..blacks to die for...view from any angle ( LCD can not do this) .....best picture quality.

Cheers for that mate.
Kept me amused for a bit ha ha I really miss the banter on here.:friends:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Bristle Hound
I’m a big fan of the lights. It’s one of the things I really like about the car: though more-so the matrix lights with the razor slit DRL eyebrows.
The Matrix lights are great but expensive not a fan of the 8y rear tail lights they look a bit aneamic and lost compared to the size of the rear
Gone are the little details between the rear lights as the 3,4,5 door 8v variants all had different tail light design/shape
The 8v FL 4 and 5 door cars also had different designs/shape

I think either the Edition 1 or the S -line A3 models are the pick of range with the 150 bhp engine.....go further up the range forget it

I have to correct you on viewing Angles my friend the award winning Samsung Q90R picture can seen from any angle and when it comes HDR and picture pop un beaten in this dept My ideal set would have been a 77" Sony OLED AG9 but l wasn't willing to pay £5k-£6k for a TV Sony's picture processing is the best in the Oled market horses for courses as they say

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Yeah Won't buy unless I've had a demo first.:icon thumright:

just to muddy the waters slightly (lol)

a lot also depends on the shop setting up both tv’s accurately as ‘out of the box’ picture quality tends to need tweaking to get the best picture - some more than others, especially the Samsung’s imo.

But get them both running at their best and I don’t think you’ll go wrong with any of the high end Samsung’s (Q 80 or above) or any of the oled’s be it LG, Sony or Pana.

Imo oled definitely has the edge though. The blacks cannot be beat and the image is very natural whilst still giving amazing hdr pop.

Reactions: Jcbmally, AdamInKent and Jassyo06
I actually like the way Seat have the rear lights set up on the new Leon. Looks great at night.:yes:
Check this out and this video is 5 years old

Reactions: Jcbmally, BarryG79, PeteRS3lee and 1 other person
I have to correct you on viewing Angles my friend the award winning Samsung Q90R picture can seen from any angle and when it comes HDR and picture pop un beaten in this dept My ideal set would have been a 77" Sony OLED AG9 but l wasn't willing to pay £5k-£6k for a TV Sony's picture processing is the best in the Oled market horses for courses as they say

Are you 100% sure on the viewing angle mate. There is zero drop off with the oleds. I know Samsung have made a lot of progress to address this issue on the qled’s but I’m not convinced there’s no drop off at all ?
If you view straight on its an irrelevance anyway.
Hdr pop agree, that is the Sammy’s trump card but the oleds are still amazing. I prefer the LG operating system over the Sony which is the reason I went that route.

like I say either option great ... most important thing is to get a good panel !!!

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and pburv