All new S3

You counted every post off Topic...phew.....

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Err not quite:
1) There was a tilde
2) ASN automatically numbers each post.

Contest the argument not the person.

Congrats on the order - it deserves its own thread but this thread is about the new 8Y S3.

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
You defo got a cracking deal @jassyo06 :icon thumright:

I think you’ll love it, if you’ve always had hatches / salons before, you’ll enjoy the TTS immensely I’m sure.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Err not quite:
1) There was a tilde
2) ASN automatically numbers each post.

Contest the argument not the person.

Congrats on the order - it deserves its own thread but this thread is about the new 8Y S3.
As far as Forum rules go your correct but l aint going start a thread on the TT section of this forum.....
AppropriateRingedBasilisk size restricted

I'll just give my hairdresser's car a miss on the forum for the time being not an issue mate

Reactions: JohnM100, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Lovely choice,,,, oh wait you changed your mind,,, oh wait you didn't. Really like the blue interior accents etc, will be a cracking motor, nice one mate :thumbs up:

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

:iagree:

surprise.gif
have you just admited you like hatchbacks. :whistle2:

Back on topic,,,,, I hear the new 8Y is marmite :whistle2::whistle2:
runaway.gif
Finally someone on here has hit the nail on the 8y S3 head....very simply put it is marmite...Polarizing etc etc
The New G8 R is a cracking looking hatchback especially with 19s and the Batwing on the rear/top of the tailgate my spec added up to 51k think every option bar the tacky looking leather option worked out far cheaper than my TT

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Seriously, I am more interested in the comments of Jassy0O6's on his decision to not buy the new S3 and his current order of a TTS.
I also am not thrilled with the new S3 interior and it is not on my radar for a new car.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
Seriously, I am more interested in the comments of Jassy0O6's on his decision to not buy the new S3 and his current order of a TTS.
I also am not thrilled with the new S3 interior and it is not on my radar for a new car.

Agree some people (you and I included) feel the 8Y interior is not to taste and can be perceived as both cost cutting and an ergonomics step backwards. As an 8V owner I acknowledge some people may see this as protectionist (which isn’t my intent).

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
Amongst all the chatter & TT discussion, there are moments of discussion that relate to the S3 8Y, a car which has caused manyof us long term Audi owners to migrate to other brands / cars, but we still have an inherent ‘interest’ in the 8y and Audi ... I’m sure I’ll have another at some point.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Bristle Hound, Sparks43 and 1 other person
^^ same here as I'd like to "come back" one day.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
You defo got a cracking deal @jassyo06 :icon thumright:

I think you’ll love it, if you’ve always had hatches / salons before, you’ll enjoy the TTS immensely I’m sure.
Was that a deliberate mistake?.... '' always had hatches? SALONS before'' lol:chuncky:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
I was holding out for the S3 Vorsprung to replace my troublesome A6 as I loved the 2018 S3 that I replaced with the A6 last year. However I had a BMW M235i Grand Coupe delivered today as I got a good deal and only 2.9% finance. It’s an amazing car and initial impressions are it beats my old S3, also spec wise not too far way from the Vorsprung S3 and nearly £8k cheaper!

You will probably soon find out why! Not a fan of BMW. Troublesome customer care according to neighbours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959
But you can get a £9,974 discount on the TTS VORSPRUNG mate

Neighbour is apparently getting £13k off a 3 month old TTS Black Edition demo from Guildford.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hair Straighteners... just turned 58 and still got most of my hair.....and its more or less the same colour it was 30 years ago lol although the past year would be enough to turn any one grey headed lol

Your a young whippersnapper compared to me. I really don’t understand why age should make you think you have to buy an old fart SUV! Just fall into a TT!

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
It is interesting that the Mk 1 was always seen as a hairdressers car because presumably it was 'pretty' and an assumption made that hairdressers were female and artistic, whilst real men drove big vans. Today we tend not to assume all hairdressers are female and unless you are old, sexist or unaware that gender stereotyping is illegal the image has died a death fortunately. Although I do see a lot of 'yummy mummies' driving SUVs. ;-)

Reactions: FBF01, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
It is interesting that the Mk 1 was always seen as a hairdressers car because presumably it was 'pretty' and an assumption made that hairdressers were female and artistic, whilst real men drove big vans. Today we tend not to assume all hairdressers are female and unless you are old, sexist or unaware that gender stereotyping is illegal the image has died a death fortunately. Although I do see a lot of 'yummy mummies' driving SUVs. ;-)

You shouldn't be looking at 'yummy mummies' lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally and RGBARGEE
Now back to the new S3. :blink:
The interior is a design flop and is not up to Audi standards

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Chris4410, Jassyo06 and 3 others
But as others have said, plenty will still buy it because of the 4 rings :whistle2::whistle2:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Now back to the new S3. :blink:
The interior is a design flop and is not up to Audi standards
I have yet to spend some time in one but judging from responses from a few people here now Audi have slipped somewhat? I guess it's a sign of the times cutbacks etc.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Her indoors will be looking into replacing her Q3 sometime this year. Once we are allowed to get back to some normality we will start visiting car showrooms. I will get a better idea about the A3 when we take one for a test drive?
Not too sure if the new car would be a VAG car though. There's plenty of manufacturer's makes that catch our eye at the moment.:yes:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
... And because it compares well to other new cars in the same segment (the A3, at least).
Most makes are cutting back, BMW still trying and the Korean marques are starting to look impressive, but no doubt they will follow suit eventually due to the massive R&D required for EV etc. I like the look of the S3 but I needed something a little easier to exit, so had to look elsewhere. With the monies VW/Audi has coughed up they have to make some savings and that obviously will impact quality.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin, AdamInKent and 2 others
... And because it compares well to other new cars in the same segment (the A3, at least).

It's dependent on your expectations all us Audi fanboys/ex owners/owner are correct in every point we make the 8v face lift even the pre face lift are very difficult acts to follow.
l bought a TTS a in case you didnt know lol that's been given the 320 ps engine a outgoing model Why di'nt The so named all New S3....the 8y brings nothing new to the market over the 8v bar a touch screen......and the other cost cutting guff and the S3 model line up is stark....just so wrong going by previous models
Residuals on the 8v variants will stay higher because it and will be more sought after just by what Audi have done to the 8Y it is polarizing design for Audi and to a lesser extent so is the new A1,A6....

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv and Jcbmally
Neighbour is apparently getting £13k off a 3 month old TTS Black Edition demo from Guildford.

TTS BE was of no interest to me if l had any sense l would bought that TTS launch Edition l saw last year with 5k miles @£36k exact same spec as my car almost bar the fixed spoiler....and the guff 300 ps engine but it flew off the forecourt..within days of being parked there....no regrets though l am content with my choice.
My S3 is a hard to follow in my mind/budget trolled the internet looking for a nearly new RS3 saloon but choice was dire....a couple that where desireable where over priced to say the least....same goes for nicely optioned S3's very thin on the ground especially saloon variants....A coupe suits my needs l rarely do passengers if any and the TT will be even more practical boot space wise than my S3 saloon

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, Chris4410 and 1 other person
Think the black pack version needs the lower bumper/splitter done in white too. Certainly more aggressive looking than the standard car.

7d690f18a7c94b0ef1774d3d7a5910f5.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, pburv and 2 others
Think the black pack version needs the lower bumper/splitter done in white too. Certainly more aggressive looking than the standard car.

Looks from a distance that they've drove the car on the right slowly into a high kerb thus removing the lower front of the bumper lol

Looks from a distance that they've drove the car on the right slowly into a high kerb thus removing the lower front of the bumper lol

Aye, might not be as bad once a number plate is fitted but it does look like something is missing.

You can put a pig in a fur coat.....but it's still a pig.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, pburv and 4 others
You can put a pig in a fur coat.....but it's still a pig.

Shame they can’t change the headlights and ***** interior.
#piginawig

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, pburv and 3 others

I think this is one car where the face lift will be quite dramatic !

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, 8YARWY and 2 others
Bigger grill ?? :scared2:
Lol think thats the problem with the design of the front there ain't enough bumper 80% of it is made up with the grill/ intakes and headlights

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Lol think thats the problem with the design of the front there ain't enough bumper 80% of it is made up with the grill/ intakes and headlights

Yeah but just think, when you upgrade to matrix candles on this car, you are getting some bang for your buck SIZE WISE lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

The left one,,,,,,,, those wheels are just wrong, TBF my first glance was A4/A6 ???.
The right one,,,,,,, agree with others on the lower lip, should have left it white.

Reactions: BarryG79 and pburv
Yeah but just think, when you upgrade to matrix candles on this car, you are getting some bang for your buck SIZE WISE lol :tearsofjoy:

Far cheaper now are the candles mate on a 8Y S3 think they where a pearl diver short of a Bag eh Sand on the face lift....they are worth it though.
l now live in a place named Cumbernauld...l like to affectionately name it "Skull island" ....yet to see Kong though....lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY, BarryG79 and 2 others
The left one,,,,,,,, those wheels are just wrong, TBF my first glance was A4/A6 ???.
The right one,,,,,,, agree with others on the lower lip, should have left it white.

Both cars are on 18s its just the angle of the photo is deceptive

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, BarryG79, Jcbmally and 1 other person