All new S3

Only standard on the UK £70k Vorsprung TTRS... optional on none of the other variants in the UK

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

How bizarre just an option on the RS ... look very cool though

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and pburv
Only standard on the UK £70k Vorsprung TTRS... optional on none of the other variants in the UK

I get that some packages are a good idea but this change where you also can’t spec individual items is a little annoying unless you buy this trim or model- starting to take the p**s a little

I get that some packages are a good idea but this change where you also can’t spec individual items is a little annoying unless you buy this trim or model- starting to take the p**s a little

Yup its very frustrating indeed they are sublimely forcing some folks into more expensive cars

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and AdamInKent
How bizarre just an option on the RS ... look very cool though

Only available to the TTRS Vorsprung but not available on the TTRS and the TTRS Sport Edition....same goes for Matrix candles lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and pburv
What colour?
I really like your thoughts on the TTS and it is a car with a design that will not age. Lovely car and I would love to own one, but two doors and really no back seats nullified me in placing an order a year ago.

As l recall it's also a ****** to to get in and out of as well lol

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
As l recall it's also a ****** to to get in and out of as well lol

just a tad lol ... from memory the mark 3 has a fairly large sill and it’s also VERY low !

Was a ***** to get in & out of in my garage or tight car parks but hey you soon get used to it. All the positives far outweigh.

Exclusive paint is oot of the equation .....****** all thanks to we know what.....cough cough.... delay of up to 3 months on top of the 4/5 months quoted by the dealer who l spoke with a couple of hours ago
Not getting another new car just before winter done this with my current car......regretted it big time so its back to the original spec and colour they start gritting the roads up here in Septamber
Matrix oled rear tail lights purchased and OEM black emblems/Logos

Problem with buying from DTD.....is that DTD get their discounts directly from Audi so DTD then use a dedicated Audi dealership and in my case it's Grimsby Audi to execute the sale so my dealer told me, if l had to alter the spec of the car l would then have go through DTD all over again and their discount on my model has dropped by £700 in just 2 days Grimsby Audi could never match the DTD discount so the sales guy told me....******

Not too many reviews on the Tube mate. So thought I would post this up for you:thumbs up:
Audi TT S 2020 review - YouTube

Very similar spec to my car inside mate but l went rock grey leather instead hate black leather with rotor grey stitching on the seat coverings looking forward to getting the car now the new oled tail lights will give it a more up to date whaooo factor for me personally speaking and make it look right up to date

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Exclusive paint is oot of the equation .....****** all thanks to we know what.....cough cough.... delay of up to 3 months on top of the 4/5 months quoted by the dealer who l spoke with a couple of hours ago
Not getting another new car just before winter done this with my current car......regretted it big time so its back to the original spec and colour they start gritting the roads up here in Septamber
Matrix oled rear tail lights purchased and OEM black emblems/Logos

Problem with buying from DTD.....is that DTD get their discounts directly from Audi so DTD then use a dedicated Audi dealership and in my case it's Grimsby Audi to execute the sale so my dealer told me, if l had to alter the spec of the car l would then have go through DTD all over again and their discount on my model has dropped by £700 in just 2 days Grimsby Audi could never match the DTD discount so the sales guy told me....******

On the bright side, no exclusive paint has covered the cost of oled lights.

the joys of buying a car lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jassyo06
Very similar spec to my car inside mate but l went rock grey leather instead hate black leather with rotor grey stitching on the seat coverings looking forward to getting the car now the new oled tail lights will give it a more up to date whaooo factor for me personally speaking and make it look right up to date

Are the oled lights just a case of taking the original ones out & plug in oled or is there a software change required to interface with the fancy new ones ?

This is pretty cool ...

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Flying Scotsman and 1 other person
On the bright side, no exclusive paint has covered the cost of oled lights.

the joys of buying a car lol

Yeah the price of the lights has offset the extra cost of the paint mate the seller on ebay has been very accommodating as well so all good in the hood at least l still have interior blue design pack to look forward too which does look very special once you've planked yer **** in the driver seat....TT has a very dark interior

Are the oled lights just a case of taking the original ones out & plug in oled or is there a software change required to interface with the fancy new ones ?

I dont honestly know mate but the seller on ebay has sold a lot of them to 8s owners

Oh Mr Pliskin l aint loaded like you mate lol
The main reasons l want the Vorsprung TTS are
Matrix lights
Alloy design
Carbon twill interior trim
There's one tiny difference between the Vorsprung TTRS and TTS Vorsprung
Extra 80 bhp is rather expensive

124a987c2bbadf331b38ee58e0d40fcc.jpg
18fdf4e112305fd0be945eecc71ac00f.jpg

Congrats on your new car order @jassyo06 :thumbs up:
Looking foreword to the pic's, whenever that may be
Still in an Audi I see ;)

Oh & BTW you do know this is an 8Y S3 thread don't you? :D

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, BarryG79 and 4 others
Yeah the price of the lights has offset the extra cost of the paint mate the seller on ebay has been very accommodating as well so all good in the hood at least l still have interior blue design pack to look forward too which does look very special once you've planked yer **** in the driver seat....TT has a very dark interior

Yeah ours being a s line was black leather / alcantara & it was pretty dark from memory ... but in a modern cool way - but I totally get you wanting to lighten it up, it will enhance the look even more imo.

Congrats on your new car order @jassyo06 :thumbs up:
Looking foreword to the pic's, whenever that may be
Still in an Audi I see ;)

Oh & BTW you do know this is an 8Y S3 thread don't you? :D

Am so naughty lol besides it's us Audi 8V, Mercedes,BMW,SEAT owners that keep this section alive with demeaning the 8Y S3 lol Ye never know l may go and change my mind and swap for the "8y S3"....To keep on Topic lol
Apologies to 8Y owners
And besides after the my car ordering f@@k ups are done and dusted.... posting it'll subside and this section will go back to normality with 8Y owners posting about all the issues of the MMI glitches,Edition 1 Electric seat deletions.... **** ups done by Audi shame on Audi ****** disgrace

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, 8YARWY and 3 others
Excited for you mate:rockwoot:
How did you do on a deal? Just spec'd one on configurator and it comes just shy of 56k:scared2:
Not many extras to tick though. lol:friends:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
I'm guessing they needed to be coded??? So they have the fancy disco theme going on start up.
From what I gather you can get US spec'd oled tail lights but they don't have the disco theme.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Am so naughty lol besides it's us Audi 8V, Mercedes,BMW,SEAT owners that keep this section alive with demeaning the 8Y S3 lol Ye never know l may go and change my mind and swap for the "8y S3"....To keep on Topic lol
Apologies to 8Y owners
And besides after the my car ordering f@@k ups are done and dusted.... posting it'll subside and this section will go back to normality with 8Y owners posting about all the issues of the MMI glitches,Edition 1 Electric seat deletions.... **** ups done by Audi shame on Audi ****** disgrace
Well said lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
This is pretty cool ...

Won't be long before you can watch Netflix and Prime in the light setups....... Well you would if I was allowed to work in Audi's light r and d. ha ha:rock:

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Only available to the TTRS Vorsprung but not available on the TTRS and the TTRS Sport Edition....same goes for Matrix candles lol

This is taking the **** when you can't spec individual items on the same spec of car you are buying. :wtf: I get that an 'S' model shouldn't be speccing trims from RS etc but you you should be able to add packs at your disposal to avoid a Vorsprung should you not want this ***.

I agree they are pushing you into higher editions models as Car enthusiasts know what they want. Either that or they are trying to stop the ones that "pimp" their 2.0 TDI with honeycomb grills to look like RS models :whistle2: :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Wow! ~60 consecutive posts off topic - is that a record?

Maybe time for a TTS purchase thread and get this one back on topic.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jcbmally and Bristle Hound
This is taking the **** when you can't spec individual items on the same spec of car you are buying. :wtf: I get that an 'S' model shouldn't be speccing trims from RS etc but you you should be able to add packs at your disposal to avoid a Vorsprung should you not want this ***.
I had to upgrade from the A3 Sport to the A3 S-Line trim in order to be able to spec Matrix Lights together with the Driver Assistance pack (IIRC). On the lower priced trim I could only spec one or the other (according to my dealer anyway). No idea why <shrugs>

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally

You counted every post off Topic...phew.....

Reactions: BarryG79, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
Congrats

what discount did you end up getting. We love our TT but my god the Road noise is pretty load so be warned

Congrats

what discount did you end up getting. We love our TT but my god the Road noise is pretty load so be warned
Discount was £10k l have only driven a TT roadster and the TTRS roadster both had 19"s fitted but again both drives l took l had the roof down...so road noise was canceled out l would imagine the 245/30/20 alloys/tyres have a lot to do with the road noise my S3 with 235/35/19 tyres doesn't cope well with most roads surfaces either it can be very noisy the car won't be with me until June

Discount was £10k l have only driven a TT roadster and the TTRS roadster both had 19"s fitted but again both drives l took l had the roof down...so road noise was canceled out l would imagine the 245/30/20 alloys/tyres have a lot to do with the road noise my S3 with 235/35/19 tyres doesn't cope well with most roads surfaces either it can be very noisy the car won't be with me until June

Our Mark 3 TT was fitted with 19" alloys and didn't have an issue with road noise tbf.
20's may add a bit of noise, but nothing that will be an issue I am sure and the trade off is of course enhanced exterior visual look from the 20's.

it just what i observe when i drive my a3 back to back with my wifes TT thats all

18% dicount seems ok considering

look forward to the pics

it just what i observe when i drive my a3 back to back with my wifes TT thats all

18% dicount seems ok considering

look forward to the pics
Discount could have been better l must admitbut as of yesterday Discount on the DTD site has dropped by £500 it goes up and down like a yoyo **** knows why

I really like Turbo blue but Chronos grey and red leather would have been my choiceof the TTS

I really like Turbo blue but Chronos grey and red leather would have been my choiceof the TTS

Chronos available for the TTS now ??express red leather is really special looking but my better half thought it was a bit too much

just configured one but cant have blue or red inlays which i know you want the blue

The blue satin is not a direct match to turbo blue by the way as we had choice of one with and one without and I didnt quite ike the match

Last edited:
Discount could have been better l must admitbut as of yesterday Discount on the DTD site has dropped by £500 it goes up and down like a yoyo **** knows why

Getting £4700 discount from Yeovil Audi on a Navarra blue Black Edition though. .. Roughly 9.2%?? off book price and in stock now:icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Getting £4700 discount from Yeovil Audi on a Navarra blue Black Edition though. .. Roughly 9.2%?? off book price and in stock now:icon thumright:
£5200 off from JCT600 Sheffield Same again Navarra blue Vorsprung Edition.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
£5200 off from JCT600 Sheffield Same again Navarra blue Vorsprung Edition.

Both deals are pants mate l got almost £7k off almost the exact same spec + "them Red paint things that stop ye" lol as my order in stock last June from Hamilton Audi who are notorious for low discounts but they are obliviously not that bad

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
Both deals are pants mate l got almost £7k off almost the exact same spec + "them Red paint things that stop ye" lol as my order in stock last June from Hamilton Audi who are notorious for low discounts but they are obliviously not that bad
Can't argue with that. lol Well done mate.:friends:
Wonder if you could have pushed them for more?:blink:
Free mats and a full tank of fuel :whistle2: lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
Hi mate it was the 310 ps TTS that had been discontinued and a very kind member on here told me the 320ps engine would be available soon to order so l emailed DTD who then contacted their dealer, quickest car purchase ever and its in turbo Blue
The TTS interior packs are determined by the exterior colour and l wanted the satin blue interior design pack ie blue /air vents/center console/trim on the sides of seats looking forward to finding out what and if Audi have done anything to the ea888 engine same as in the G8R
Lovely choice,,,, oh wait you changed your mind,,, oh wait you didn't. Really like the blue interior accents etc, will be a cracking motor, nice one mate :thumbs up:
I’m old and confused
54 tomorrow and off to SEE if I want to pay £7k for eye surgery instead of another car
Lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Lol Fast car and blind... Not a good combo.
Always a good idea to keep hold of your money though:yes: But saying that there's no point in being the richest man in the cemetery.:rockwoot:
:iagree:

No point in rushing into something mate if it hadn't been a TT it might have been the G8R cracking looking hatchback but am happy with my choice the interior of the Vorsprung is leagues above the 8Y and G8R will miss my pano roof though lol leaving it till Monday to finalize spec and colour just to be sure sure
surprise.gif
have you just admited you like hatchbacks. :whistle2:

Back on topic,,,,, I hear the new 8Y is marmite :whistle2::whistle2:
runaway.gif

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv, josul and 3 others