All new S3

Blimey, that’s a fair discount. TT interior is a lot nicer place to be than the 8V and definitely the 8Y. For that kind of money would it be worth considering the full fat RS?

I know it’s not your colour but the engine must be tempting.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202101077724416
Not interested in a new or used TTRS... mate the TTS Vorsprung with 320 ps is more than enough for me its the only car that l have really considered that ticks every box apart from it not having a pan roof of which l am willing to concede,it put a huge smile on my face when l sat it in one in the showroom last year ....blows the 8y S3 out of the water....in every way, the Porsche Boxster l optioned was £660@ month £10k down but once you begin to scrutinize what your really getting for that kinda of money ie 296 bhp **** sounding exhaust outdated user interface controls,many blank switches on the center consul ...lack of interesting paint colours personal preference.... though...? Your Just buying the badge as far as the 718 goes

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and TYb
The TTS is a very nice car and for one who is not interested in boot size or rear seats, it makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Jcbmally, TYb and Jassyo06
Not interested in a new or used TTRS... mate the TTS Vorsprung with 320 ps is more than enough for me its the only car that l have really considered that ticks every box apart from it not having a pan roof of which l am willing to concede,it put a huge smile on my face when l sat it in one in the showroom last year ....blows the 8y S3 out of the water....in every way, the Porsche Boxster l optioned was £660@ month £10k down but once you begin to scrutinize what your really getting for that kinda of money ie 296 bhp **** sounding exhaust outdated user interface controls,many blank switches on the center consul ...lack of interesting paint colours personal preference.... though...? Your Just buying the badge as far as the 718 goes

Agree, that spec of Boxster doesn’t stack up. I really like the MK3 TT, it’s a head Turner and they’re great to drive.

I genuinely preferred the TDI ultra TT I had over the S3, nicer cabin, looks and it handled better. I test drove a TTS before the S3 but the numbers didn’t work at the time.

You will love it, just avoid tight spaces, the doors are long and deep.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
The TTS is a very nice car and for one who is not interested in boot size or rear seats, it makes a lot of sense.
Back seats down they are surprisingly practical, easily get a couple of decent size cases and Jassy’s hair straighteners.

Reactions: Jcbmally, BarryG79, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Back seats down they are surprisingly practical, easily get a couple of decent size cases and Jassy’s hair straighteners.

Hair Straighteners... just turned 58 and still got most of my hair.....and its more or less the same colour it was 30 years ago lol although the past year would be enough to turn any one grey headed lol

Reactions: TYb and Snake Pliskin
Agreed I had no issues when I had a TT re practicality.

Great cars & if you’ve never had one @jassyo06 I’m you’d be really happy with one - the mark 3 is a real enjoyable drivers car too :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and TYb
Hair Straighteners... just turned 58 and still got most of my hair.....and its more or less the same colour it was 30 years ago lol although the past year would be enough to turn any one grey headed lol

Impressive mate, I’m more of a Jason Statham in appearance haha.

Can’t buy a TT and avoid the hairdresser jokes.

What a 12 months it’s been, supposed to be getting married in April but that’s delayed until august now, fingers crossed they hit the targets.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and Jassyo06

What a 12 months it’s been, supposed to be getting married in April but that’s delayed until august now, fingers crossed they hit the targets.
Married **** me av learnt that lesson 2 many times lol been with Avril 13 years got engaged within 2 months of meeting her and still not married lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and TYb

**** all wrong with the Jase....lol Av booked and paid my holiday for May 13th along with 8 other family members this year...it's panning out the same as last....AIR BRIDGES....getting cancelled left right and center cant wait see to Boris and Nicola....get ****** sacked for their incompetency

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and TYb
**** all wrong with the Jase....lol Av booked and paid my holiday for May 13th along with 8 other family members this year...it's panning out the same as last....AIR BRIDGES....getting cancelled left right and center cant wait see to Boris and Nicola....get ****** sacked for their incompetency
It’s a right old mess isn’t but hopefully we are nearing the end.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and Mr Freeze

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

****** hell @jassyo06 you must have been grey a long time :whistle2::yes:

Reactions: TYb, BarryG79 and Jassyo06
Now that the Vorsprung edition is available I'm very tempted to place an order. I personally don't think the 47k price point is too bad, especially compared to how much a fully specc'd A35 is or the Golf R. The Vorsprung is giving me every optional extra I'd want without any compromises (unlike the a35 which has no HUD for example). What's the deal with getting test drives atm with the current covid conditions?

Reactions: Jcbmally and foofoo
Now that the Vorsprung edition is available I'm very tempted to place an order. I personally don't think the 47k price point is too bad, especially compared to how much a fully specc'd A35 is or the Golf R. The Vorsprung is giving me every optional extra I'd want without any compromises (unlike the a35 which has no HUD for example). What's the deal with getting test drives atm with the current covid conditions?[/QUOT

You should be able to get around 4.5-5k of the list price. You will not be able to get a test drive due to Covid and no dealers have the Vorspung yet. I do like the fact all the options are included apart from a few minor things.

What colour would you go for?

Phil..

Reactions: Jcbmally
Now that the Vorsprung edition is available I'm very tempted to place an order. I personally don't think the 47k price point is too bad, especially compared to how much a fully specc'd A35 is or the Golf R. The Vorsprung is giving me every optional extra I'd want without any compromises (unlike the a35 which has no HUD for example). What's the deal with getting test drives atm with the current covid conditions?

There is no way I would be dropping £40k+ on a car I can't test drive.

Reactions: FBF01, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin

Plenty of fully loaded A35s around for about £38k, not sure a HUD is worth the extra £6-7k

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
If you've owned the previously 8v S3 then look at the 8y youll see its full of compromise, in the UK we didn't get the Edition 1 S3 and in my opinion this model is the sweet spot in the range ie the the Tango Red/ Python yellow Saloon/Sport back cars that Audi released to the media last September the Vorsprung it brings only the HUD and the 12-3 virtual cockpit binnacle over above the bog standard S3 but you'll be one of the few if you do get the Vorsprung S3

Reactions: Jcbmally, Sparks43 and Snake Pliskin
If you've owned the previously 8v S3 then look at the 8y youll see its full of compromise, in the UK we didn't get the Edition 1 S3 and in my opinion this model is the sweet spot in the range ie the the Tango Red/ Python yellow Saloon/Sport back cars that Audi released to the media last September the Vorsprung it brings only the HUD and the 12-3 virtual cockpit binnacle over above the bog standard S3 but you'll be one of the few if you do get the Vorsprung S3

Don't forget you also get the big old round steering wheel because of the driver assistance pack

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
You should be able to get around 4.5-5k of the list price. You will not be able to get a test drive due to Covid and no dealers have the Vorspung yet. I do like the fact all the options are included apart from a few minor things.

What colour would you go for?

Phil..

Not sure on the colour front - think I'd need to see some in the flesh before making a decision.

There is no way I would be dropping £40k+ on a car I can't test drive.

Don't worry - I wouldn't even consider it!

Plenty of fully loaded A35s around for about £38k, not sure a HUD is worth the extra £6-7k

You can but they won't be new which the S3 would be - I'd also be going for a CLA which fully specc'd would be around the 50k mark new.

You can but they won't be new which the S3 would be .

The new S3 is not worth the money, even if you can get past the looks. My point was the A35 is a better looking car for considerably less money.

The new S3 is not worth the money, even if you can get past the looks. My point was the A35 is a better looking car for considerably less money.

all opinion really, I think the A35 is rancid personally, regards cost I looked at M135i/S3 and A35 and the A35 was way more expensive when compared to the M135i and the S3. M135i was cheapest by a distance but I’ve always wanted an S3.

Reactions: FBF01, PeteRS3lee and Jcbmally
Agreed I had no issues when I had a TT re practicality.

Great cars & if you’ve never had one @jassyo06 I’m you’d be really happy with one - the mark 3 is a real enjoyable drivers car too :icon thumright:

l went to order my TTS Vorsprung today from drive the deal....got a phone call from them tonight telling me "going forward the TT will not be available to order"...said their supplying dealer.Coast2coast wont send me a quote on it either....said their website.....l am bewildered ...ie ****** why this is the case especially when the Audi configurator is up and running for the TT

l went to order my TTS Vorsprung today from drive the deal....got a phone call from them tonight telling me "going forward the TT will not be available to order"...said their supplying dealer.Coast2coast wont send me a quote on it either....said their website.....l am bewildered ...ie ****** why this is the case especially when the Audi configurator is up and running for the TT
May be due to this?
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-delays-due-to-chip-shortage.423297/

all opinion really, I think the A35 is rancid personally, regards cost I looked at M135i/S3 and A35 and the A35 was way more expensive when compared to the M135i and the S3. M135i was cheapest by a distance but I’ve always wanted an S3.

Nowt wrong getting the car you've always wanted....its just that you where roughly 3-4 years too late to Audi S3 ownership

Reactions: Chris4410 and Jcbmally
For our 197PS with tech pack we got 8k off so just under 30k brand new in September 2019

plenty quick enough for uk roads littered with average speed

no way would i pay 54k or even 46k for 120BHP more

For our 197PS with tech pack we got 8k off so just under 30k brand new in September 2019

plenty quick enough for uk roads littered with average speed

no way would i pay 54k or even 46k for 120BHP more

lt's not all about BHP ....l change cars from my own perceived opinion that my next car purchase will be an upgrade....ie l dont want a BE nor a S-line TT/A3 or any other variant. l know what l want... no grey area

Reactions: NevMan, Sparks43 and Jcbmally

Have you driven any of these cars?

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin

If you thought the A35 was rancid - why did you even bother looking at it / considering it .......... LOL ?

Reactions: Jcbmally and Chris4410

wtf ... oh man that is **** ! Have you had that verified by a Dealer too, just to be sure mate.

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Chris4410 and 1 other person
wtf ... oh man that is **** ! Have you had that verified by a Dealer too, just to be sure mate.

Thats what A dealer told Drive the deal I'll find out what Jordan's Audi contacts have to say about it....but drive the deal wouldn't knock back a sale if weren't true

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
Thats what A dealer told Drive the deal I'll find out what Jordan's Audi contacts have to say about it....but drive the deal wouldn't knock back a sale if weren't true

Yeah I guess so - how gutting - you got a plan B at all ?
Scour the UK for any stock cars close to your spec ?
Consider a stock TTRS perhaps ?

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Yeah I guess so - how gutting - you got a plan B at all ?
Scour the UK for any stock cars close to your spec ?
Consider a stock TTRS perhaps ?
We'll see what the next few months bring TTRS no....too expensive to run and insure etc etc

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
That’s a bummer @jassyo06 I was looking out for pricing and availability on this TTS myself. Back to the drawing board again, there is literally nothing taking my fancy that’s coming in at a sensible price.

A TTRS may be an option for me as my mileage had gone down 80% due to the current situation, and it’s likely to remain at 50% even in the long term. The problem is you just can’t get a sensible deal on one from Audi, for similar money I could have a Cayman and if I was prepared to spend that kind of money the Porsche would be my preference all day long.

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, Jcbmally and 1 other person
To be fair Guys - other than the higher purchase price, I did not find my RS3 much more expensive to run than my respective TTS and S5.

Fuel use was on par, tax not much different, insurance similar ... if anything it could be cost neutral or even better value than my S cars as it retained the highest value over time.

Reactions: NevMan, Chris4410, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

That's really strange as they are just increasing the power from 306 to 320 as well - Is it that causing the issue maybe along with the RDE2 engines it might not have filtered through yet and they've stopped the old engine but the new engine is yet to open for ordering properly

Audi have had lots of delays with releasing things at present the S3 Vorsprung has been put back 2 or 3 times

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
If the TTS is a no go will you keep "ol Blue" for a while longer, it still is a stunning motor buddy.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
If the TTS is a no go will you keep "ol Blue" for a while longer, it still is a stunning motor buddy.
Thinking about selling it in March its been in the driveway and not been driven since boxing day been driving Avril's Fiesta to work l aint been furloughed nor was l last March going to buy 4 new tyres paint hubs and give it a full detailed machine polish ....early March ...will be using Avril's car from now on til l decide what's what mate

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Chris4410
To be fair Guys - other than the higher purchase price, I did not find my RS3 much more expensive to run than my respective TTS and S5.

Fuel use was on par, tax not much different, insurance similar ... if anything it could be cost neutral or even better value than my S cars as it retained the highest value over time.
Oh Mr Pliskin l aint loaded like you mate lol
The main reasons l want the Vorsprung TTS are
Matrix lights
Alloy design
Carbon twill interior trim
There's one tiny difference between the Vorsprung TTRS and TTS Vorsprung
Extra 80 bhp is rather expensive

124a987c2bbadf331b38ee58e0d40fcc.jpg
18fdf4e112305fd0be945eecc71ac00f.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Jcbmally
Oh Mr Pliskin l aint loaded like you mate lol
The main reasons l want the Vorsprung TTS are
Matrix lights
Alloy design
Carbon twill interior trim
There's one tiny difference between the Vorsprung TTRS and TTS Vorsprung
Extra 80 bhp is rather expensive

124a987c2bbadf331b38ee58e0d40fcc.jpg
18fdf4e112305fd0be945eecc71ac00f.jpg

pmsl - I think we both buy at similar price levels but you like 'fully loaded' whereas I'm prepared to sacrifice some luxuries for power & sound.
I know performance wise there aint much in it, but seriously the sound of the 2.5 litre engine really added a whole new level of enjoyment ... only problem is now with the new regs & restrictions, that aspect may well have been diluted significantly - in which case, a fully loaded S variant probably does make more sense.