All new S3

My wife: "haggling is just men waving their ***** around!"

Reactions: Audidi, BarryG79, wab172uk and 2 others
Anyone know when the Vorsprung edition is going to be available? I've been trying to decide between an s3 saloon and the cla35 for a while but I think I'm going to go for the S3. Considering I'd want all the toys it seems stupid to get anything other than Vorsprung.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Anyone know when the Vorsprung edition is going to be available? I've been trying to decide between an s3 saloon and the cla35 for a while but I think I'm going to go for the S3. Considering I'd want all the toys it seems stupid to get anything other than Vorsprung.
Its 3 months late already just to order ...even if you could order one right now it'll be May ...unless Audi start shipping Vorsprung models....from stock soon

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Its 3 months late already just to order ...even if you could order one right now it'll be May ...unless Audi start shipping Vorsprung models....from stock soon

I'm in no major rush to buy - own my current car outright and I'm waiting on my house purchase to complete before I get a new car. I'm just curious if anyone has got any inside knowledge on when they're actually going to be available as at least then I can roughly look forward to some kind of time frame.

if you shop around & push a hard deal it’s possible you could get a CLA 45s for similar money (or not much more) to a fully specced Vorsprung S3 saloon.

if you shop around & push a hard deal it’s possible you could get a CLA 45s for similar money (or not much more) to a fully specced Vorsprung S3 saloon.
Just had a look on the Merc configurator and the price for a fully specc'd 35 is up from 47k to 50k - no doubt due to Brexit and the 45 plus is up to 60k so will just have to wait and see what prices are looking like when I'm actually ready to buy. It might sound daft but Merc isn't offering the HUD in the UK market and after having one for a couple of years on my 6 series I wouldn't want to be without. A fully specc'd up S3 is currently sitting at 45k - I wouldn't have thought the Vorsprung edition will be THAT much more with the most expensive Vorsprung A3 being 40k.

Just had a look on the Merc configurator and the price for a fully specc'd 35 is up from 47k to 50k - no doubt due to Brexit and the 45 plus is up to 60k so will just have to wait and see what prices are looking like when I'm actually ready to buy. It might sound daft but Merc isn't offering the HUD in the UK market and after having one for a couple of years on my 6 series I wouldn't want to be without. A fully specc'd up S3 is currently sitting at 45k - I wouldn't have thought the Vorsprung edition will be THAT much more with the most expensive Vorsprung A3 being 40k.
I think you'll be looking at £46k for the Vorsprung S3 Saloon and Audi being such as they are??? they'll be 3/4 other desirable option boxes still left to tick

Reactions: Jcbmally and FBF01
I reckon greedy German manufacturers will struggle to sell few cars from now on

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

They won’t, people will continue to pay whatever price they set

Reactions: Jcbmally, FBF01 and AdamInKent
They won’t, people will continue to pay whatever price they set

Yep
Thats me
stupid
I’m in for the rs3 with as many bells and whistles they can fit on it
For stupid money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and AdamInKent
I think my pauper spec S3 GFMV was just over 18k ?

That's because extras over standard spec do not make much difference in future value.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
That's because extras over standard spec do not make much difference in future value.
Says Audi if you trade it in to them ...was offered £27100 3 weeks ago 6 months ago was offered £27900 and @pburv sold his pauper spec car for far more than what Audi valued it at

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and KenL
Says Audi if you trade it in to them ...was offered £27100 3 weeks ago 6 months ago was offered £27900 and @pburv sold his pauper spec car for far more than what Audi valued it at

That's true. Audi only offered 18k for my car. I told them to 'jog off' lol.
I managed to get £19500 trade in against my Cupra. When it arrived I noticed the tread was on the markers on three tyres and a brand new 'cheapo' on the other one. Had an argument with the garage that sold it to me. Long story short I had a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sports fitted at their cost of £565 . They had my car for sale for around 23k but no takers From memory they had it up for sale at 25k for a week. I had no idea why. It went down to £20500 last time I saw it.

I've been saying that for years, but I've been proved wrong. Not many people `buy` a car now. It's all about the monthlies. PCP has changed car buying forever.

Not sure what thread it was on, but someone was saying that all his friends (in in their 20's) were in S3's, A35 AMG's, Golf R's, and they aspired to be in an Audi RS. When I was in my 20's I only just afford the 5 year HPI repayments on a £13,000 106 GTI. The £17,000 306 GTI-6 was far too much money.

Reactions: AdamInKent, Jcbmally and KenL

I've been saying that for years, but I've been proved wrong. Not many people `buy` a car now. It's all about the monthlies. PCP has changed car buying forever.

Not sure what thread it was on, but someone was saying that all his friends (in 20's) were is S3's, A35 ANG's, Golf R's, and they aspired to be in an Audi RS. When I was in my 20's I only just afford the HPI repayments on a £13,000 106 GTI. The £17,000 306 GTI-6 was far too much money.

Always like this guys reviews, down to earth and not biased.

What a rotter the saloon is with 18inch wheels.
I've subbed to his channel for a while now. It was a fair review of the car to be honest. Like you said though 18" wheels as standard on the saloon.Audi has lost the plot I reckon.

Reactions: Jcbmally and TYb
Are 18 inch wheels not big enough?

Reactions: pburv
lol The point I was trying to make was 19" were standard on the 8v saloon. Also mag ride. To me at the time was worth spending the extra for the saloon over the sport back. Is mag ride standard on the 8y saloon?

Reactions: TYb and Jcbmally

That’s main dealers for you, brother was offered £19k from BMW for his 320i touring shadow xdrive as a cash buy. Ended up selling via Wizzle for £21k to a non BMW dealer down south based on a photograph appraisal only and no further haggling when they sent a driver to collect it. That dealer is now selling it for just £300 less than he paid for it 18 months ago at £24k

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and pburv
That’s main dealers for you, brother was offered £19k from BMW for his 320i touring shadow xdrive as a cash buy. Ended up selling via Wizzle for £21k to a non BMW dealer down south based on a photograph appraisal only and no further haggling when they sent a driver to collect it. That dealer is now selling it for just £300 less than he paid for it 18 months ago at £24k

That's quite a markup from 19k

Reactions: Jcbmally and BarryG79

They look lost on the S3 saloon and the actual wheel design is pretty average.

The 19’s on 8V were standard and looked much better in my opinion.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and pburv

On a Fiesta or a similar size of car...yes they are, think you get 18's on a ST dont you...? my Mrs has the ST-LINE 17's on hers and looks good....it is what it is....

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
lol The point I was trying to make was 19" were standard on the 8v saloon. Also mag ride. To me at the time was worth spending the extra for the saloon over the sport back. Is mag ride standard on the 8y saloon?
As far as I'm aware you only get the Automatic Dampers (Used to be Mag Ride) on the Vorsprung Edition

As far as I'm aware you only get the Automatic Dampers (Used to be Mag Ride) on the Vorsprung Edition
Thought as much. They have made the S3 saloon less attractive financially. :frown new:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally

Not sure what thread it was on, but someone was saying that all his friends (in 20's) were is S3's, A35 ANG's, Golf R's, and they aspired to be in an Audi RS. When I was in my 20's I only just afford the HPI repayments on a £13,000 106 GTI. The £17,000 306 GTI-6 was far too much money.

Yeah, but they probably all still live at home with their mummy.

Reactions: Jcbmally and RGBARGEE
Yeah, but they probably all still live at home with their mummy.
Years ago people used to buy TVs on credit until the penny finally dropped it wasn’t cost effective.
I understand why people like driving around in nice cars but fail to understand the attraction of paying £100s a month in interest charges alone. There are other ways to do it which may mean a few years driving a 10-15 plate rather than a 70 plate. It is of course personal choice but particularly young people aren’t building up any ‘capital’ in a car and pay out thousands in interest at high rates given we are virtually at a 0% BoE base rate situation. As an example, we have just run around in a 2009 50,000 mile TT for 10 months at a loss of £250. 10 months in a new one circa £4000.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally and wab172uk

Makes the 2 year old S3 a steal @ £25k imo

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
It sure is, but I’m still impressed that it’s slightly quicker even with a PPF!

Never worth paying the extra for a split second faster but uglier lesser quality car though.

Apologies to anyone who is buying one

Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
It sure is, but I’m still impressed that it’s slightly quicker even with a PPF!

l was positive before viewing that the 8y would be a bit faster given all the cheap guff plastic the interior is made of....them huge new headlights must weigh a ton....hence it's heavier.....0.01 of second....hee haw difference.... even tyre type can make that difference.....

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
There’s a year old one with pan roof for £30k!

MY 2020 8V Models fetch up to £34k.....mileage and spec dependant of course....8v residuals 66 to 20 plate cars are holding their value...well not a LOT on the market.....Audi used car stock is near enough 50% less than it normally is across the board

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin