All new S3

I haven't got anything close to 25% that is some going you must be a shrewd negotiator :icon thumright:
It was a one off! A7s weren’t selling and it was sat in the showroom. I do a lot of negotiating in my professional life and when trained was advised that the best place to practice was in premium car dealerships . Despite Porsche not generally giving discounts I have even managed to persuade them!! A deal is a deal!! Sadly something our inept PM seems unable to accept. Both parties in any negotiations need to feel they’ve done ok, it’s not a win lose situation. Walking away is often lose lose!! Once a deal is done it’s done. Breaking an agreement will mean no more deals... I’m talking car buying of course but applies elsewhere. Build a relationship, develop trust.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
A7 and A8 models especially the A8 always attracted big discounts
A8 in particular. I think Audi dealers are now working on a margin of 8-12% on mainstream cars and they usually have a PCP offer to which they sometimes have to make a contribution. Times are tough for dealers and with the effects of Brexit on prices and the Pandemic on general demand although most will want to do a deal they will have tougher financial targets to stay in business than the 'good old days'.

Reactions: wab172uk and Jcbmally
A6 currently has some good deals also. Black edition 40tdi 10k off at aberdeen Audi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A6 currently has some good deals also. Black edition 40tdi 10k off at aberdeen Audi.

I would be looking for rather more than £10K off an A6 Diseasel.. Current offers I've seen are £14.5K off an Allroad and £12,626 off a 40TDI and that's without trying..

Where have you seen 12626 off the a6 black edition 40 tdi? Old man looking at changing his sq5 for one.

It's not a BE but take a look on Drive the Deal. Is the £10k plus dealer support on PCP?? Your £10k presumably includes £6200 PCP support dependent on Audi Finance. You can of course terminate the deal within 14 days and keep the discount. Far lower rates than 4.9% I think if finance needed at all. Looks like 8% discount. I think as the end of the month approaches you may squeeze another £1000 or so.. Good luck..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally
According to Auto Express
Verdict
As an all-rounder the new Audi S3 Saloon holds plenty of appeal, and the reduction in price between it and the cheaper Sportback hatchback makes it more tempting than ever. In pure performance terms it’s hard to fault, though buyers looking for more involvement should look elsewhere. Though the S3’s tech has leaped forward compared to the old model, we feel that cabin quality has taken a step back.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/s3/353534/new-audi-s3-saloon-2020-review

Reactions: wab172uk and pburv
According to Auto Express
Verdict
As an all-rounder the new Audi S3 Saloon holds plenty of appeal, and the reduction in price between it and the cheaper Sportback hatchback makes it more tempting than ever. In pure performance terms it’s hard to fault, though buyers looking for more involvement should look elsewhere. Though the S3’s tech has leaped forward compared to the old model, we feel that cabin quality has taken a step back.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/s3/353534/new-audi-s3-saloon-2020-review
Inferior plastics and love/dislike looks ...kinda sums up the new A3/S3 all the rest of the review is what the S3 has always done better than the rest ....fast and safe...just to add l thought the price of the new S3 saloon would have been more expensive .....ergo

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: wab172uk, Jcbmally and pburv
Inferior plastics and love/dislike looks ...kinda sums up the new A3/S3 all the rest of the review is what the S3 has always done better than the rest ....fast and safe...just to add l thought the price of the new S3 saloon would have been more expensive .....ergo

I agree on price but time will only tell if it sells well mate. The die hard will probably buy it but with other makes coming on leaps and bounds, and the quality issue, more may jump ship. IMO of course.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
The 8v 310ps pre WLTP did 0-60 in 4.7secs, post WLTP in 4.8secs but with a reduced output of 300ps. The new S3 310ps does 0-60 in 4.8sec but why ? No doubt someone would be able to explain the technical changes but you would think VAG would have gone at least another 10ps, no wonder people are a bit "meh".

Reactions: pburv
The 8v 310ps pre WLTP did 0-60 in 4.7secs, post WLTP in 4.8secs but with a reduced output of 300ps. The new S3 310ps does 0-60 in 4.8sec but why ? No doubt someone would be able to explain the technical changes but you would think VAG would have gone at least another 10ps, no wonder people are a bit "meh".
We all know VAG are good with their software controlling the engines.:whistle2: Maybe simple software updates accounts for the difference?

Another video for you guys who might be interested..:thumbs up:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Reader error
Check the add again mate under description, just under £42k which is a bit better lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers buddy, didn't see that, still shocked at the first price :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: pburv and BarryG79
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
For the price I paid you could buy two used Cupra Atecas for that price and still have change lol

50k for that . What a PT.

882d2f9c1a777aa8ee0c3d37e6b2f6f6.png

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and pburv
As mentioned above it's a typo. Bet they ain't had many takers on the ad though:haha::racer:

Reactions: Jcbmally and 8YARWY
As mentioned above it's a typo. Bet they ain't had many takers on the ad though:haha::racer:

Lol 42k for that

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and pburv
Lol 42k for that

This bugs me the final settlement figure ie the GFMV of the the new s3 saloon is £18,725 my GMFV is around £22,800

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
This bugs me the final settlement figure ie the GFMV of the the new s3 saloon is £18,725 my GMFV is around £22,800

You realise that’s ‘bait’ for a forum ‘user’ don’t you jassyo06

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jassyo06
50k for that . What a PT.

882d2f9c1a777aa8ee0c3d37e6b2f6f6.png

Max spec price is £46,925 add exclusive paint add £1875 £48.750 minus discount your financing a £44,800 car

I think my pauper spec S3 GFMV was just over 18k ?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
Well at least there will be no 10% tariff on new cars, now all price increases will be blamed on Covid.

Reactions: BarryG79 and pburv
A8 in particular. I think Audi dealers are now working on a margin of 8-12% on mainstream cars and they usually have a PCP offer to which they sometimes have to make a contribution. Times are tough for dealers and with the effects of Brexit on prices and the Pandemic on general demand although most will want to do a deal they will have tougher financial targets to stay in business than the 'good old days'.

I can see the end of the car salesman and showrooms coming to an end in the next year or two.

We have suddenly seen the rise of Cazoo & Heycar. 2 online car buying sites. No salesman. No showroom. Buy the car at the price shown. No haggling. No deals. Monthlies are what they are. Volvo now pushing car rental rather than car buying.

Once we go into Tier 5 all car showrooms will be closed. If manufacturers can sell cars online, not having to pay staff and salesman, as well as pay for showrooms, then they'll be all for it. More so, if the price on the screen is the price you pay. No haggling.

All be blamed on `Covid`. Only service centre left

4th Industrial revolution. All businesses that aren't digital, have no place in society. Not my words, but them of klaus schwab.

I can see the end of the car salesman and showrooms coming to an end in the next year or two.
I’m not sure that I would ever be comfortable buying a new car without having a chance to see it and drive it first. And even more so for second hand cars.

Reactions: Terminator x, Chris4410, pburv and 2 others
I’m not sure that I would ever be comfortable buying a new car without having a chance to see it and drive it first. And even more so for second hand cars.

I agree. But like everything in since March, we won't have a choice. And the majority of people will just accept it as normal.

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
I agree. But like everything in since March, we won't have a choice. And the majority of people will just accept it as normal.
Spending £40/50k on a car & not seeing it or driving it? I like a haggle too, (much to my wife's amusement)!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Chris4410, pburv and 1 other person
You’ll probably end up with a Tesla style system where you book a test drive online, turn up at a service centre where you unlock the car with your phone and you’re free to drive the car for an hour or so

Reactions: Nige Smith, pburv, Jcbmally and 2 others

We have suddenly seen the rise of Cazoo & Heycar. 2 online car buying sites. No salesman. No showroom. Buy the car at the price shown. No haggling. No deals. Monthlies are what they are. Volvo now pushing car rental rather than car buying.

Once we go into Tier 5 all car showrooms will be closed. If manufacturers can sell cars online, not having to pay staff and salesman, as well as pay for showrooms, then they'll be all for it. More so, if the price on the screen is the price you pay. No haggling.

4th Industrial revolution. All businesses that aren't digital, have no place in society. Not my words, but them of klaus schwab.
Yup, BMW definitely exploring it.

Thats some pessimistic outlook you have there and one l certainly disagree with

I don't agree with it either. But it's the way things are going, and people are happy to accept it.

Reactions: pburv
To be fair at the moment it's an easy argument to defend. Once the Covid situation get's resolved ( hopefully) there should be a lot more people visiting showrooms. If manufacturers notice a distinct lack in numbers then yes I can see this happening. Every car I have bought since driving has involved a dealership in some way or form so I would find it difficult to buy a car without going through this process. New comers to car buying experience on the other hand might get used to the idea?
Either way it would be a sad day for me if I can't go to a garage forecourt and browse.

Reactions: Pinky1959 and Jcbmally
I’ve been considering the new S3, however there are 2 things currently stopping me........(1) COVID - no intention of buying a new car until this is all over, (2) Waiting for the Vorsprung version. I certainly intend to be doing this in person in my dealership etc........the schmoozing and free coffee is all part of it

I bet many a person had the same view when internet shopping for clothes became the nom. The amount of stuff my Missus orders and then sends back is just silly (all manufactures sizes seem to be all over the place according to her). I always try to go to my local B**tons, Mat***n, etc etc and try the stuff on first.
The generations of today have all grown up with PC's/Tablets/phones so they don't know any different so doing it all online will be nothing to them (IMO).
Like many others I like to peruse cars on line but will always want a face to face conversation etc prior to buying.

B**tons , Mat***n. You flash g*t. What's wrong with George's.:whistle2:

If there was a scratch or a kerbed alloy
Do you send the car back and ask for an exact 1 delivered the day after
Nope I prefer a showroom all day long
I’m old as **** though

Reactions: Jassyo06, wab172uk, pburv and 1 other person
One: I like haggling a deal.
Two: I would never buy a car without seeing in the flesh.
Three: ditto to point two on paint selection.
Four: no test drive then no buy car.
Five: I prefer to deal with a local dealership for service and on any issues, not some web based company.
Six : I have never encountered an issue that the local dealership could not resolve to my satisfaction.

Reactions: wab172uk, Jcbmally and pburv