All new S3

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
Reaction score
I see the new S3 is on the configurator, spec'd a Sportback up to just under £40k, anyone ordered ?

Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv, Sandra and 1 other person
I see the new S3 is on the configurator, spec'd a Sportback up to just under £40k, anyone ordered ?

Tried it earlier on a saloon
Got it to 46k
God knows what I was putting on it
A week ago I could get it to 55 k on the German website edition 1 though
No clue what I was doing there either
f0148c3f6f59734ec6c33eb60b04a56e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
No black edition??
New interior is quite nice (saw it in person on an A1 the other day), but I’m not sold on the styling vs pre facelift

I like the look of the seats.

Reactions: pburv
I would if I could but I can't..........
689cef3408598b16094c55b8811589da.png
Lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound, voorhees, Mr Freeze and 4 others
Hopefully the Audi garage at the end of my road will get one in so i can have a nosy, styling looks a bit fussy front and rear so interested to see what its like in the flesh.
Is there a date we might start seeing these?

Hopefully the Audi garage at the end of my road will get one in so i can have a nosy, styling looks a bit fussy front and rear so interested to see what its like in the flesh.
Is there a date we might start seeing these?
Don't know, but judging by the configurator orders must be open. I'm liking the look of it and TBF the price has stayed reasonable IMO.
I have submitted a test drive request, so I await a response.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv and Jassyo06
Am waiting on the configurator to get fully up and running before l decide what to chose....S3 will be in the showrooms by late October/early November

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and pburv
6 months delivery maybe??
So on your drive maybe April? lol

I'am interested but in no massive rush to change plus the discounts will take a while to kick in :grinning:

Just had a look on the UK config. Wow all alloys on the S3 saloon are well ugly. Look like A3 SE or Sport wheels at best. That silver trim all around the bottom of the car is awful, on all the pics I’ve seen before this was black. Are we getting shafted with silver in the UK?

All the silver stuff inside looks cheap too.

The price didn’t rack up as much as I thought tbh and quite a lot is included as standard.

Think I’ll be keeping my FL a while. Hopefully they will improve it with a black edition at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bells
I wouldn’t be too hopeful on discounts - the no deal Brexit that Boris and his inept clowns are pushing us toward will add 10% to prices and then there’s the devaluation of the £ to consider.

German cars could get VERY expensive for a few years, sadly.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, S3LOK and Ormesome
I wouldn’t be too hopeful on discounts - the no deal Brexit that Boris and his inept clowns are pushing us toward will add 10% to prices.
Get Diane Abbot to do the finances :icon thumright::icon thumright: winner winner chicken dinner

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Just had a look on the UK config. Wow all alloys on the S3 saloon are well ugly. Look like A3 SE or Sport wheels at best. That silver trim all around the bottom of the car is awful, on all the pics I’ve seen before this was black. Are we getting shafted with silver in the UK?

All the silver stuff inside looks cheap too.

The price didn’t rack up as much as I thought tbh and quite a lot is included as standard.

Think I’ll be keeping my FL a while. Hopefully they will improve it with a black edition at some point.

The black edition is part of the Vorsprung when available - Another £8350 ouch! - You do get all the driver assistance packs etc and No Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

@Sandra , does this horrendous eyesore get its own sub section in the forum soon, to avoid having to loiter in the far better looking 8V section? :)

Reactions: amb66, pburv, PeteRS3lee and 1 other person
@Sandra , does this horrendous eyesore get its own sub section in the forum soon, to avoid having to loiter in the far better looking 8V section? :)
I can certainly make a new sub section. Is it confirmed it’s to be a “y” like the new rS3 model?

Reactions: Jcbmally and 8YARWY
Waiting for the Vorsprung to be added.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
I can certainly make a new sub section. Is it confirmed it’s to be a “y” like the new rS3 model?

Correct 8Y chassis.

Start up an 8y sub section and the only thing that'll be coming through the 8v section i'll be Tumbleweed....

Reactions: Ron240, Jcbmally, Andy F and 3 others
Start up an 8y sub section and the only thing that'll be coming through the 8v section i'll be Tumbleweed....

Lol Aswell:blow:
Still the best motor forum on the net:thumbs up:

Reactions: Jcbmally, PeteRS3lee and Sparks43

While I agree that you are tumbleweed, why would the 8V forum become that way?

Reactions: PeteRS3lee
While I agree that you are tumbleweed, why would the 8V forum become that way?

Well....You can continue to Troll the 8v section like you've always done...whilst most others are over in the 8Y forum....jobs a goodun

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and PeteRS3lee
Well....You can continue to Troll the 8v section like you've always done...whilst most others are over in the 8Y forum....jobs a goodun

That wasn't really an answer to my question, so to try again, why would the 8V forum be affected?

Don't worry mate I'll stick around :friends:

Reactions: Jcbmally and PeteRS3lee

Try the rs3 8y sub forum
I’m the only 1 there
Even the tumbleweed has ****** off
Lol

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jcbmally, Bristle Hound and 5 others
For how long though.....Thought ye had a date with our very own Glen on an AMG forum.....lol

Lol don't worry i'am keeping my 8v for a good while yet . The AMG is under consideration but the wife doesn't like the seats as they are pretty firm . Could be another S3 for me who knows looking forward to seeing it in the metal .

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Lol don't worry i'am keeping my 8v for a good while yet . The AMG is under consideration but the wife doesn't like the seats as they are pretty firm . Could be another S3 for me who knows looking forward to seeing it in the metal .
I'll be keeping my own as well if dont get an honest enough discount on the new yin

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Mr Freeze
I think it will be a while until we see decent discounts on the new S3
Come October- December time when orders are supposed to be in full swing(or not?) Audi will be dangling a carrot or two to tempt buyers.:hi: Some hard times ahead in the car industry I reckon??:crying:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and NevMan
Come October- December time when orders are supposed to be in full swing(or not?) Audi will be dangling a carrot or two to tempt buyers.:hi: Some hard times ahead in the car industry I reckon??:crying:

Completely agree, Sept and new plate just round the corner, and if sales aren’t what they need/want offers will come in, especially towards end of year

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
Completely agree, Sept and new plate just round the corner, and if sales aren’t what they need/want offers will come in, especially towards end of year
New car sales are still on the increase according to my son ....

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
New car sales are still on the increase according to my son ....

Record house sales in July as well but that’ll be partly inability to buy and stamp duty relief.

S3 definitely growing on me, especially the saloon but i just don’t like the interior, which is personal taste.

If was looking at a hot hatch again I would be very tempted by the BMW, in the right spec it looks pretty smart and like the interior balance.

They all have their merits now, Merc nice and imposing from the front.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Jcbmally and NevMan