All new S3

Ye know fixed that Stutter of yours yet.................lol
And I've only had a couple, getting to old to hold my drink (shocking for a fifer), and before ye say oot I'm younger than you.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
And I've only had a couple, getting to old to hold my drink (shocking for a fifer), and before ye say oot I'm younger than you.

Age is just a number pal....am 3 can Dan now....demoted from 4 Can .............Body is a Temple..............lol

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Age is just a number pal....am 3 can Dan now....demoted from 4 Can .............Body is a Temple..............lol
:thumbs up::thumbs up: One thing for sure,,,,,, it's way cheaper nowadays :salute::salute:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
First pictures I’ve seen of a standard S3 front grill.... I’m not so sure.

Attachments

• DD9A6DB3-04AC-42E0-8219-E9A2B6FA831A.jpeg
    DD9A6DB3-04AC-42E0-8219-E9A2B6FA831A.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 345
First pictures I’ve seen of a standard S3 front grill.... I’m not so sure.

Glad to see that the air intakes at the bottom on each side only have a silver edge and the rest is colour coded - On the configurator looking side on it appeared the whole section was silver

It doesn't look to bad as I saw a S-Line Sportback in just the black and I wasn't so sure about that - This does break it up a little bit

Glad to see that the air intakes at the bottom on each side only have a silver edge and the rest is colour coded - On the configurator looking side on it appeared the whole section was silver

It doesn't look to bad as I saw a S-Line Sportback in just the black and I wasn't so sure about that - This does break it up a little bit

Yes I see what you mean. I am just about to order but seems to be a lot more chrome than on the online Configurator. I’m not sure what to do now.

Yes I see what you mean. I am just about to order but seems to be a lot more chrome than on the online Configurator. I’m not sure what to do now.

I know what you mean as my Daytona S3 Facelift I have now the whole front bumper is colour coded but they've put silver trim on the bottom now.

I'm not sure about the side trims in the silver but that's how a lot of cars are going these days and it's a grey on the S-Line upwards so no getting away from it really unless you wait for the Vorsprung S3 or if they do an Edition 1 S3 as in Germany which then has a black styling pack - Mind you unless you choose black you would always see it like the Python Yellow one above as that's a German Model

Stick the Red Calipers on it as that will detract it a little bit

This just came on autotrader. Think I like it

Attachments

• 94D670A0-762C-406D-9BC3-AF232E6E5EB7.jpeg
    94D670A0-762C-406D-9BC3-AF232E6E5EB7.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 359
  • 669FACC5-A528-49E1-B912-CDE3BEE9C447.jpeg
    669FACC5-A528-49E1-B912-CDE3BEE9C447.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 342
  • 315386EB-25A8-4BA1-A157-8CE5087E7934.jpeg
    315386EB-25A8-4BA1-A157-8CE5087E7934.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 320
  • C6025007-3F71-4250-B9C9-46D8C527CC80.jpeg
    C6025007-3F71-4250-B9C9-46D8C527CC80.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 334

It does look good in Navarra blue and the front grille looks a lot better with a reg plate on .

Must say i'am not a big fan of the trapezoid wheels especially at £770 extra .

Reactions: TYb and Snake Pliskin
It does look good in Navarra blue and the front grille looks a lot better with a reg plate on .

Must say i'am not a big fan of the trapezoid wheels especially at £770 extra .

I tend to agree on both counts.

yeah really disappointed with the wheels. They are the best of a very bad bunch unfortunately.

Reactions: AlwaysBeenS3

I don’t mind the chrome at the front but I’m not a fan of it on the window surrounds - would prefer black window cappings.

agree on the alloys, not the best but not the worst design either ... & certainly better then rotors lol

I don’t mind the chrome at the front but I’m not a fan of it on the window surrounds - would prefer black window cappings.

agree on the alloys, not the best but not the worst design either ... & certainly better then rotors lol

I prefer the chrome look on a Navarra S3, rear bumper inserts don’t work for me and not necessary.

I went in to my local Audi dealer yesterday on the off chance they had one in. Unfortunately they didn’t, but will have next weekend.

The thing that bothered me was there was a very nice looking A3 (at first glance thought it was an S3) in turbo blue, with black pack and the exactly the same optional wheels I was going to get for mine.

Whilst I don’t want the car to be over the top I do like to be able to see its significantly different from a nice sline.

Think I am holding off ordering it until I see one in flesh.

I went in to my local Audi dealer yesterday on the off chance they had one in. Unfortunately they didn’t, but will have next weekend.

The thing that bothered me was there was a very nice looking A3 (at first glance thought it was an S3) in turbo blue, with black pack and the exactly the same optional wheels I was going to get for mine.

Whilst I don’t want the car to be over the top I do like to be able to see its significantly different from a nice sline.

Think I am holding off ordering it until I see one in flesh.

The S3 never looked any different to a nicely specd Sline A3, can’t see this version being any different. Audi never have made them different enough.

The S3 never looked any different to a nicely specd Sline A3, can’t see this version being any different. Audi never have made them different enough.

Think there were subtle differences I suppose, enough to seperate the two imo. I never looked at my previous S3 and thought it looked like a nice Sline.

I would prefer the wheel choice to be unique to the S3. Having said that having specced up an M135i there are only one set of wheels unique to that model on first inspection.

I think a lot of people would be hard pressed to distinguish a nice spec S line from an S3 - other than those that are close to the brand or have a keen interest in cars.

audi-a3-saloon-grey-front-parked-1.jpg

Reactions: pburv, TYb and NevMan
And on another thread, OP talking about fully specced A3 being some £8-£9k cheaper than poverty spec S3

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
I think a lot of people would be hard pressed to distinguish a nice spec S line from an S3 - other than those that are close to the brand or have a keen interest in cars.

Agreed and it’s always been that way with the S cars and up until recently the RS models.

or you could jazz up your S Line as some other have done :icon thumright:

d29a7f86f45cf02464f078c9e42086e2.jpg

Reactions: pburv and PeteRS3lee

To be fair, could you not say the same for the 8v S3 too?

Reactions: TYb and pburv

For a start this specific Saloon car/model wont exist outside Audi's press catalogue .....as it's a Sport model with options that aint available to Joe public buying a Sport/S-Line or even an S3 model mate, all German car makers style their cars with the same Ethos.....and save the over styled look for their uber FAST models...That's the reason German car brands age better in the looks department than others.

Like l have always said All cars like the S/RS cars have got to be heavily optioned to make them stand out.....l mistook a pauper spec Daytona RS3 Sportbaack for an A3 S-Line the other day ergo

Besides anyone that buys the new S3 before driving one must be aff their heed

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
Configured a fully loaded vanilla flavoured S3 Saloon to £47,536 bangers £9071.00 worth of options.......mental money as it's not fully loaded....as there is far better alloy choices and interior options still to come

And on another thread, OP talking about fully specced A3 being some £8-£9k cheaper than poverty spec S3
Not quite, both cars had similar options ticked.

Though it would be possible to spec an Sline to about £4K of a basic S3. Less if you could live with a white S3.

I like cars, but I would hard pressed to tell at a glance the difference between many BMWs, Mercedes. Even with Audi, I will notice the difference in A3s, but not so much with other models. I drive a Golf and have noticed many fake GTI and R cars e.g. GTD with twin exhausts from a GTI or GTI alloys. But a Ford Focus is just a Focus, etc.

Reactions: pburv
Configured a fully loaded vanilla flavoured S3 Saloon to £47,536 bangers £9071.00 worth of options.......mental money as it's not fully loaded....as there is far better alloy choices and interior options still to come

When do you reckon additional options are likely to come? They still haven’t got roof rails as an option lol, retrofit? :whistle2:

When do you reckon additional options are likely to come? They still haven’t got roof rails as an option lol, retrofit? :whistle2:
Not got a clue but l wouldnt be ordering one this side of Xmas ...why ...until l see all options available first hand ie interior seat coverings options,alloy options,how it drives and sounds plus what discounts are available, just now its 8% which is poor

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Not got a clue but l wouldnt be ordering one this side of Xmas ...why ...until l see all options available first hand ie interior seat coverings options,alloy options,how it drives and sounds plus what discounts are available, just now its 8% which is poor

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Only getting £500 off rrp here!

Think the alloy options are letting it down. At least the exhaust looks real.

737f44808f6ffdf409ac92cea2b5e9d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
Only getting £500 off rrp here!

Think the alloy options are letting it down. At least the exhaust looks real.

737f44808f6ffdf409ac92cea2b5e9d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drive the deal and coast2coast are offering 8% mate, alloys on that car are a ancient design and not worthy of an S3

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and BarryG79
For a start this specific Saloon car/model wont exist outside Audi's press catalogue .....as it's a Sport model with options that aint available to Joe public buying a Sport/S-Line or even an S3 model mate, all German car makers style their cars with the same Ethos.....and save the over styled look for their uber FAST models...That's the reason German car brands age better in the looks department than others.

Like l have always said All cars like the S/RS cars have got to be heavily optioned to make them stand out.....l mistook a pauper spec Daytona RS3 Sportbaack for an A3 S-Line the other day ergo

Besides anyone that buys the new S3 before driving one must be aff their heed

Hopefully you’ll get a test drive soon then mate & the full compliment of options (& discounts) will follow after.

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Jassyo06
Hopefully you’ll get a test drive soon then mate & the full compliment of options (& discounts) will follow after.

It'll be March if l do order one mate for a June delivery in a funky colour
I still think the Edition1 will be introduced as well as the Vorsprung model some folks seem to be a tad impatient that Audi are taking their time releasing models but to be honest they've just released the standard cars to start the ball rolling .....

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Snake Pliskin
It'll be March if l do order one mate for a June delivery in a funky colour
I still think the Edition1 will be introduced as well as the Vorsprung model some folks seem to be a tad impatient that Audi are taking their time releasing models but to be honest they've just released the standard cars to start the ball rolling .....

Sounds like a plan :icon thumright:

Just enjoy the whole car buying experience again. Test drive, full options, pick a groovy paint colour, eek out a good deal, summer delivery & enjoy your car in the meantime.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
Drive the deal and coast2coast are offering 8% mate, alloys on that car are a ancient design and not worthy of an S3
I have to agree. There are offers way better than Crewe Audi are offering. Even Carwow.:thumbs up:

Reactions: BarryG79 and Jcbmally
Funny day today.
Call #1 - I received a call today from the stealers (Stoke) and he said, and I quote ahem "do you want to beat the crowd for the new S3" when I asked about a discount etc he said "demand outweighs supply, cant get them fast enough, so no discount", whatever fella.

Call #2 - Huddersfield Audi contacted me with a similar conversation, no discount but then she offered me a new 8V saloon, Tech, sunroof, Navara with £6k discount including Audi contribution, taking the ****.

Call #3 - Carlisle Audi contacted me (I emailed them last week about a MY20 S3 but it had sold) offered me an A5 First Edition Coupe and stated they would give me 14% discount, however when I discounted the £5k contribution the actual discount was 9%, but not interested anyway and no discounts on 8Y S3's.

Why a funny day ???? When I asked all three regarding what stock 8Y S3's they had on site, not one :blink::blink::blink::blink: .

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv