1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

All new S3

Jcbmally Aug 22, 2020

1. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Naw it's you at it again with yer Selfie stick......lol

pburv and Jcbmally like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left.

So good I had to repeat myself :rock:

pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  4. Jcbmally

And I've only had a couple, getting to old to hold my drink (shocking for a fifer), and before ye say oot I'm younger than you.

5. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Age is just a number pal....am 3 can Dan now....demoted from 4 Can .............Body is a Temple..............lol

pburv and Jcbmally like this.
  6. Jcbmally

:thumbs up::thumbs up: One thing for sure,,,,,, it's way cheaper nowadays :salute::salute:

jassyo06 and pburv like this.
  7. nadsi77

nadsi77 Registered User

Pinky1959 and jassyo06 like this.
  8. Darlo

Darlo Registered User

First pictures I’ve seen of a standard S3 front grill.... I’m not so sure.

Attached Files:

9. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

Glad to see that the air intakes at the bottom on each side only have a silver edge and the rest is colour coded - On the configurator looking side on it appeared the whole section was silver

It doesn't look to bad as I saw a S-Line Sportback in just the black and I wasn't so sure about that - This does break it up a little bit

10. Darlo

Darlo Registered User

Yes I see what you mean. I am just about to order but seems to be a lot more chrome than on the online Configurator. I’m not sure what to do now.

11. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

I know what you mean as my Daytona S3 Facelift I have now the whole front bumper is colour coded but they've put silver trim on the bottom now.

I'm not sure about the side trims in the silver but that's how a lot of cars are going these days and it's a grey on the S-Line upwards so no getting away from it really unless you wait for the Vorsprung S3 or if they do an Edition 1 S3 as in Germany which then has a black styling pack - Mind you unless you choose black you would always see it like the Python Yellow one above as that's a German Model

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

Stick the Red Calipers on it as that will detract it a little bit

14. tb123

tb123 Member

I think the white cover on the bonnet probably makes it look a little odd

Darlo and Sparks43 like this.
  15. Darlo

Darlo Registered User

This just came on autotrader. Think I like it

Attached Files:

16. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze Registered User

It does look good in Navarra blue and the front grille looks a lot better with a reg plate on .

Must say i'am not a big fan of the trapezoid wheels especially at £770 extra .

TYb and Snake Pliskin like this.
  17. Darlo

Darlo Registered User

I tend to agree on both counts.

yeah really disappointed with the wheels. They are the best of a very bad bunch unfortunately.

AlwaysBeenS3 likes this.
  18. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter

I don’t mind the chrome at the front but I’m not a fan of it on the window surrounds - would prefer black window cappings.

agree on the alloys, not the best but not the worst design either ... & certainly better then rotors lol

19. TYb

TYb Registered User

I prefer the chrome look on a Navarra S3, rear bumper inserts don’t work for me and not necessary.

20. Darlo

Darlo Registered User

I went in to my local Audi dealer yesterday on the off chance they had one in. Unfortunately they didn’t, but will have next weekend.

The thing that bothered me was there was a very nice looking A3 (at first glance thought it was an S3) in turbo blue, with black pack and the exactly the same optional wheels I was going to get for mine.

Whilst I don’t want the car to be over the top I do like to be able to see its significantly different from a nice sline.

Think I am holding off ordering it until I see one in flesh.

21. Chris4410

Chris4410 Registered User

The S3 never looked any different to a nicely specd Sline A3, can’t see this version being any different. Audi never have made them different enough.

22. Darlo

Darlo Registered User

Think there were subtle differences I suppose, enough to seperate the two imo. I never looked at my previous S3 and thought it looked like a nice Sline.

I would prefer the wheel choice to be unique to the S3. Having said that having specced up an M135i there are only one set of wheels unique to that model on first inspection.

23. Snake Pliskin

I think a lot of people would be hard pressed to distinguish a nice spec S line from an S3 - other than those that are close to the brand or have a keen interest in cars.

[​IMG]

pburv, TYb and X3man like this.
  24. X3man

X3man Well known member

And on another thread, OP talking about fully specced A3 being some £8-£9k cheaper than poverty spec S3

pburv and Snake Pliskin like this.
  25. TYb

TYb Registered User

Agreed and it’s always been that way with the S cars and up until recently the RS models.

26. Snake Pliskin

or you could jazz up your S Line as some other have done :icon thumright:

[​IMG]

pburv and PeteRS3lee like this.
  27. Chris4410

Is that not your A45 :grinning:

28. Chris.D

Chris.D Registered User

To be fair, could you not say the same for the 8v S3 too?

TYb and pburv like this.
  29. Chris4410

That’s exactly what we are saying.

30. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

For a start this specific Saloon car/model wont exist outside Audi's press catalogue .....as it's a Sport model with options that aint available to Joe public buying a Sport/S-Line or even an S3 model mate, all German car makers style their cars with the same Ethos.....and save the over styled look for their uber FAST models...That's the reason German car brands age better in the looks department than others.

Like l have always said All cars like the S/RS cars have got to be heavily optioned to make them stand out.....l mistook a pauper spec Daytona RS3 Sportbaack for an A3 S-Line the other day ergo

Besides anyone that buys the new S3 before driving one must be aff their heed

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Snake Pliskin and pburv like this.
  31. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Classy looking but aggressive ....Python is going to be far more popular than Vegas ever was Straight up the Millenials PCP street

Snake Pliskin and pburv like this.
  32. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Configured a fully loaded vanilla flavoured S3 Saloon to £47,536 bangers £9071.00 worth of options.......mental money as it's not fully loaded....as there is far better alloy choices and interior options still to come

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Daz Auto

Daz Auto Registered User

Not quite, both cars had similar options ticked.

Though it would be possible to spec an Sline to about £4K of a basic S3. Less if you could live with a white S3.

I like cars, but I would hard pressed to tell at a glance the difference between many BMWs, Mercedes. Even with Audi, I will notice the difference in A3s, but not so much with other models. I drive a Golf and have noticed many fake GTI and R cars e.g. GTD with twin exhausts from a GTI or GTI alloys. But a Ford Focus is just a Focus, etc.

pburv likes this.
  35. AlwaysBeenS3

AlwaysBeenS3 Registered User

When do you reckon additional options are likely to come? They still haven’t got roof rails as an option lol, retrofit? :whistle2:

36. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Not got a clue but l wouldnt be ordering one this side of Xmas ...why ...until l see all options available first hand ie interior seat coverings options,alloy options,how it drives and sounds plus what discounts are available, just now its 8% which is poor

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

37. BarryG79

BarryG79 Registered User

Only getting £500 off rrp here!

Think the alloy options are letting it down. At least the exhaust looks real.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pburv likes this.
  38. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Drive the deal and coast2coast are offering 8% mate, alloys on that car are a ancient design and not worthy of an S3

Jcbmally, pburv and BarryG79 like this.
  39. Snake Pliskin

Hopefully you’ll get a test drive soon then mate & the full compliment of options (& discounts) will follow after.

Jcbmally, pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  40. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

It'll be March if l do order one mate for a June delivery in a funky colour
    I still think the Edition1 will be introduced as well as the Vorsprung model some folks seem to be a tad impatient that Audi are taking their time releasing models but to be honest they've just released the standard cars to start the ball rolling .....

Jcbmally, pburv and Snake Pliskin like this.
  41. Snake Pliskin

Sounds like a plan :icon thumright:

Just enjoy the whole car buying experience again. Test drive, full options, pick a groovy paint colour, eek out a good deal, summer delivery & enjoy your car in the meantime.

Jcbmally and pburv like this.
  42. pburv

pburv Registered User

I have to agree. There are offers way better than Crewe Audi are offering. Even Carwow.:thumbs up:

BarryG79 and Jcbmally like this.
  43. Jcbmally

Funny day today.
    Call #1 - I received a call today from the stealers (Stoke) and he said, and I quote ahem "do you want to beat the crowd for the new S3" when I asked about a discount etc he said "demand outweighs supply, cant get them fast enough, so no discount", whatever fella.

Call #2 - Huddersfield Audi contacted me with a similar conversation, no discount but then she offered me a new 8V saloon, Tech, sunroof, Navara with £6k discount including Audi contribution, taking the ****.

Call #3 - Carlisle Audi contacted me (I emailed them last week about a MY20 S3 but it had sold) offered me an A5 First Edition Coupe and stated they would give me 14% discount, however when I discounted the £5k contribution the actual discount was 9%, but not interested anyway and no discounts on 8Y S3's.

Why a funny day ???? When I asked all three regarding what stock 8Y S3's they had on site, not one :blink::blink::blink::blink: .

jassyo06 and pburv like this.