All new S3

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Back seats down they are surprisingly practical, easily get a couple of decent size cases and Jassy’s hair straighteners.

Hair Straighteners... just turned 58 and still got most of my hair.....and its more or less the same colour it was 30 years ago lol although the past year would be enough to turn any one grey headed lol

TYb

Hair Straighteners... just turned 58 and still got most of my hair.....and its more or less the same colour it was 30 years ago lol although the past year would be enough to turn any one grey headed lol

Impressive mate, I’m more of a Jason Statham in appearance haha.

Can’t buy a TT and avoid the hairdresser jokes.

What a 12 months it’s been, supposed to be getting married in April but that’s delayed until august now, fingers crossed they hit the targets.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !

What a 12 months it’s been, supposed to be getting married in April but that’s delayed until august now, fingers crossed they hit the targets.
Married **** me av learnt that lesson 2 many times lol been with Avril 13 years got engaged within 2 months of meeting her and still not married lol

jassyo06

T-Cut King !

**** all wrong with the Jase....lol Av booked and paid my holiday for May 13th along with 8 other family members this year...it's panning out the same as last....AIR BRIDGES....getting cancelled left right and center cant wait see to Boris and Nicola....get ****** sacked for their incompetency

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
Back seats down they are surprisingly practical, easily get a couple of decent size cases and Jassy’s hair straighteners.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

****** hell @jassyo06 you must have been grey a long time :whistle2::yes:

tungmeister

Now that the Vorsprung edition is available I'm very tempted to place an order. I personally don't think the 47k price point is too bad, especially compared to how much a fully specc'd A35 is or the Golf R. The Vorsprung is giving me every optional extra I'd want without any compromises (unlike the a35 which has no HUD for example). What's the deal with getting test drives atm with the current covid conditions?

foofoo

Now that the Vorsprung edition is available I'm very tempted to place an order. I personally don't think the 47k price point is too bad, especially compared to how much a fully specc'd A35 is or the Golf R. The Vorsprung is giving me every optional extra I'd want without any compromises (unlike the a35 which has no HUD for example). What's the deal with getting test drives atm with the current covid conditions?[/QUOT

You should be able to get around 4.5-5k of the list price. You will not be able to get a test drive due to Covid and no dealers have the Vorspung yet. I do like the fact all the options are included apart from a few minor things.

What colour would you go for?

Phil..

Chris4410

Now that the Vorsprung edition is available I'm very tempted to place an order. I personally don't think the 47k price point is too bad, especially compared to how much a fully specc'd A35 is or the Golf R. The Vorsprung is giving me every optional extra I'd want without any compromises (unlike the a35 which has no HUD for example). What's the deal with getting test drives atm with the current covid conditions?

There is no way I would be dropping £40k+ on a car I can't test drive.

Chris4410

Plenty of fully loaded A35s around for about £38k, not sure a HUD is worth the extra £6-7k

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
If you've owned the previously 8v S3 then look at the 8y youll see its full of compromise, in the UK we didn't get the Edition 1 S3 and in my opinion this model is the sweet spot in the range ie the the Tango Red/ Python yellow Saloon/Sport back cars that Audi released to the media last September the Vorsprung it brings only the HUD and the 12-3 virtual cockpit binnacle over above the bog standard S3 but you'll be one of the few if you do get the Vorsprung S3

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

If you've owned the previously 8v S3 then look at the 8y youll see its full of compromise, in the UK we didn't get the Edition 1 S3 and in my opinion this model is the sweet spot in the range ie the the Tango Red/ Python yellow Saloon/Sport back cars that Audi released to the media last September the Vorsprung it brings only the HUD and the 12-3 virtual cockpit binnacle over above the bog standard S3 but you'll be one of the few if you do get the Vorsprung S3

Don't forget you also get the big old round steering wheel because of the driver assistance pack

tungmeister

You should be able to get around 4.5-5k of the list price. You will not be able to get a test drive due to Covid and no dealers have the Vorspung yet. I do like the fact all the options are included apart from a few minor things.

What colour would you go for?

Phil..

Not sure on the colour front - think I'd need to see some in the flesh before making a decision.

There is no way I would be dropping £40k+ on a car I can't test drive.

Don't worry - I wouldn't even consider it!

Plenty of fully loaded A35s around for about £38k, not sure a HUD is worth the extra £6-7k

You can but they won't be new which the S3 would be - I'd also be going for a CLA which fully specc'd would be around the 50k mark new.

Chris4410

You can but they won't be new which the S3 would be .

The new S3 is not worth the money, even if you can get past the looks. My point was the A35 is a better looking car for considerably less money.

Moots

The new S3 is not worth the money, even if you can get past the looks. My point was the A35 is a better looking car for considerably less money.

all opinion really, I think the A35 is rancid personally, regards cost I looked at M135i/S3 and A35 and the A35 was way more expensive when compared to the M135i and the S3. M135i was cheapest by a distance but I’ve always wanted an S3.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Agreed I had no issues when I had a TT re practicality.

Great cars & if you’ve never had one @jassyo06 I’m you’d be really happy with one - the mark 3 is a real enjoyable drivers car too :icon thumright:

l went to order my TTS Vorsprung today from drive the deal....got a phone call from them tonight telling me "going forward the TT will not be available to order"...said their supplying dealer.Coast2coast wont send me a quote on it either....said their website.....l am bewildered ...ie ****** why this is the case especially when the Audi configurator is up and running for the TT

TYb

l went to order my TTS Vorsprung today from drive the deal....got a phone call from them tonight telling me "going forward the TT will not be available to order"...said their supplying dealer.Coast2coast wont send me a quote on it either....said their website.....l am bewildered ...ie ****** why this is the case especially when the Audi configurator is up and running for the TT
May be due to this?
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-delays-due-to-chip-shortage.423297/

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
all opinion really, I think the A35 is rancid personally, regards cost I looked at M135i/S3 and A35 and the A35 was way more expensive when compared to the M135i and the S3. M135i was cheapest by a distance but I’ve always wanted an S3.

Nowt wrong getting the car you've always wanted....its just that you where roughly 3-4 years too late to Audi S3 ownership

PaulWhitt82

For our 197PS with tech pack we got 8k off so just under 30k brand new in September 2019

plenty quick enough for uk roads littered with average speed

no way would i pay 54k or even 46k for 120BHP more

PaulWhitt82

TT that is

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
For our 197PS with tech pack we got 8k off so just under 30k brand new in September 2019

plenty quick enough for uk roads littered with average speed

no way would i pay 54k or even 46k for 120BHP more

lt's not all about BHP ....l change cars from my own perceived opinion that my next car purchase will be an upgrade....ie l dont want a BE nor a S-line TT/A3 or any other variant. l know what l want... no grey area

Chris4410

Have you driven any of these cars?

Snake Pliskin

Supporter

If you thought the A35 was rancid - why did you even bother looking at it / considering it .......... LOL ?

Snake Pliskin

Supporter

wtf ... oh man that is **** ! Have you had that verified by a Dealer too, just to be sure mate.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
wtf ... oh man that is **** ! Have you had that verified by a Dealer too, just to be sure mate.

Thats what A dealer told Drive the deal I'll find out what Jordan's Audi contacts have to say about it....but drive the deal wouldn't knock back a sale if weren't true

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Thats what A dealer told Drive the deal I'll find out what Jordan's Audi contacts have to say about it....but drive the deal wouldn't knock back a sale if weren't true

Yeah I guess so - how gutting - you got a plan B at all ?
Scour the UK for any stock cars close to your spec ?
Consider a stock TTRS perhaps ?

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Yeah I guess so - how gutting - you got a plan B at all ?
Scour the UK for any stock cars close to your spec ?
Consider a stock TTRS perhaps ?
We'll see what the next few months bring TTRS no....too expensive to run and insure etc etc

Chris4410

That’s a bummer @jassyo06 I was looking out for pricing and availability on this TTS myself. Back to the drawing board again, there is literally nothing taking my fancy that’s coming in at a sensible price.

A TTRS may be an option for me as my mileage had gone down 80% due to the current situation, and it’s likely to remain at 50% even in the long term. The problem is you just can’t get a sensible deal on one from Audi, for similar money I could have a Cayman and if I was prepared to spend that kind of money the Porsche would be my preference all day long.

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
To be fair Guys - other than the higher purchase price, I did not find my RS3 much more expensive to run than my respective TTS and S5.

Fuel use was on par, tax not much different, insurance similar ... if anything it could be cost neutral or even better value than my S cars as it retained the highest value over time.

That's really strange as they are just increasing the power from 306 to 320 as well - Is it that causing the issue maybe along with the RDE2 engines it might not have filtered through yet and they've stopped the old engine but the new engine is yet to open for ordering properly

Audi have had lots of delays with releasing things at present the S3 Vorsprung has been put back 2 or 3 times

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
If the TTS is a no go will you keep "ol Blue" for a while longer, it still is a stunning motor buddy.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
If the TTS is a no go will you keep "ol Blue" for a while longer, it still is a stunning motor buddy.
Thinking about selling it in March its been in the driveway and not been driven since boxing day been driving Avril's Fiesta to work l aint been furloughed nor was l last March going to buy 4 new tyres paint hubs and give it a full detailed machine polish ....early March ...will be using Avril's car from now on til l decide what's what mate

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
To be fair Guys - other than the higher purchase price, I did not find my RS3 much more expensive to run than my respective TTS and S5.

Fuel use was on par, tax not much different, insurance similar ... if anything it could be cost neutral or even better value than my S cars as it retained the highest value over time.
Oh Mr Pliskin l aint loaded like you mate lol
The main reasons l want the Vorsprung TTS are
Matrix lights
Alloy design
Carbon twill interior trim
There's one tiny difference between the Vorsprung TTRS and TTS Vorsprung
Extra 80 bhp is rather expensive

124a987c2bbadf331b38ee58e0d40fcc.jpg
18fdf4e112305fd0be945eecc71ac00f.jpg

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Oh Mr Pliskin l aint loaded like you mate lol
The main reasons l want the Vorsprung TTS are
Matrix lights
Alloy design
Carbon twill interior trim
There's one tiny difference between the Vorsprung TTRS and TTS Vorsprung
Extra 80 bhp is rather expensive

124a987c2bbadf331b38ee58e0d40fcc.jpg
18fdf4e112305fd0be945eecc71ac00f.jpg

pmsl - I think we both buy at similar price levels but you like 'fully loaded' whereas I'm prepared to sacrifice some luxuries for power & sound.
I know performance wise there aint much in it, but seriously the sound of the 2.5 litre engine really added a whole new level of enjoyment ... only problem is now with the new regs & restrictions, that aspect may well have been diluted significantly - in which case, a fully loaded S variant probably does make more sense.

Chris4410

I have to say I am with @jassyo06 on this, I would take a fully loaded TTS, S3 etc over a poverty spec equivalent RS model.

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
I have to say I am with @jassyo06 on this, I would take a fully loaded TTS, S3 etc over a poverty spec equivalent RS model.

Not full poverty lol ... I spent about £4k ~ £5k on extras on my RS3 whereas Jassy tends to blow the budget around double that including matrix candles, pano roof, exclusive paint etc.

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Not full poverty lol ... I spent about £4k ~ £5k on extras on my RS3 whereas Jassy tends to blow the budget around double that including matrix candles, pano roof, exclusive paint etc.
There must be millions like myself then or they wouldn't have introduced Vorsprung editions lol

Chris4410

The exclusive paint wouldn't bother me, the only thing I left on mine was the pan roof which I really regretted.

Had one on my A35, sorely miss not having one on the TCR.

Quite rare someone even spending 4 or 5k, Quite a lot of used RS3s don't even have the SS seats