Alex's Misano Red B7 Avant Thread

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
I figured seeing as a few other members have chucked out some B7 owners threads i would have a pop at my own for my 2006 B7 Avant 2.0tfsi Special Edition. Some content will be further written up on in other specific threads if theres anything of any interest to anyone.

Full retrofitted accessories list:
Front and rear oem PDC
Power fold mirrors
Autodim rear light
Auto lights + wipers CH/LH lights
Cruise control
RNSE
Glovebox cooler and CD changer
Illuminated door handles
Door puddle & warning lights
Armrest
Aux input

Other mods:
A5 s line wheel and A3 gear knob
Westfalia detachable towbar
90mm exhaust tips
K&N panel air filter
Led interior light bulbs
Caliper clips
Cupra R splitter
Eibach lowering springs

So here goes.

I bought my B7 in January 2018 off a buddy of mine. The car was a good strong base to progress on interms of mods.

This was the day i picked her up.
IMG 20190716 16665

This is the old girl currently.
IMG 20190528 9900

IMG 20190706 4289

IMG 20190525 27604

IMG 20190525 18842

There's plenty more left on the list, but no love lost yet.

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_20180421_38752.jpg
    IMG_20180421_38752.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20190716_57721.jpg
    IMG_20190716_57721.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: tr7, TOM.S, AvantMike and 4 others
looks excellent Alex :yes:, and in the best colour too...i'll swap you mine black bus for a red bus .:icon thumright:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Car looks fantastic Alex. Look forward to reading more. :)

Looks brilliant Alex, the long lost sibling to my saloon...if the misses ever wants a new car then it will be a matter of time before theres one like yours sat on the drive next to mine..lovely avant!

Looks brilliant Alex, the long lost sibling to my saloon...if the misses ever wants a new car then it will be a matter of time before theres one like yours sat on the drive next to mine..lovely avant!

Cheers Ricky, ive got to say im biased and think the Avant looks the best, especially in RS form, the ultimate cool wagon.

Cheers Ricky, ive got to say im biased and think the Avant looks the best, especially in RS form, the ultimate cool wagon.
I have always loved the fast wagons there’s something super dad cool about having a fast wagon that can carry everything you need and still be a beast when you push the loud pedal, don't make me sell the saloon...lets talk about something else please lol.

Reactions: AvantMike
I have always loved the fast wagons there’s something super dad cool about having a fast wagon that can carry everything you need and still be a beast when you push the loud pedal, don't make me sell the saloon...lets talk about something else please lol.

There all great cars in there own right, what is greater is a bunch of like minded chaps (and chapettes) discussing the many quirks and issues involved with B7 ownership! Lol

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
It’s only a matter of time Ricky... anyone can pull off a saloon, only the truly sleep deprived can pull off the dad wagon.

It’s only a matter of time Ricky... anyone can pull off a saloon, only the truly sleep deprived can pull off the dad wagon.
I tell you what mate i am sleep deprived now as an argument with the mrs ends up with me sleeping in the small cramped saloon rather than in my big comfy estate I previously had lol

Reactions: AvantMike and BD55SOL
I tell you what mate i am sleep deprived now as an argument with the mrs ends up with me sleeping in the small cramped saloon rather than in my big comfy estate I previously had lol
Welcome to the club mate, get your comfy shoes out and get yourself an avant lol

A few piccys of the caliper clips i did for the S4 calipers fitted to my Avant. I couldn't justify the expense for the oem audi ones so got creative and fired up Ebay.

Found this mintex kit on for about £11.
Screenshot 20190720 112234 eBay

With a bit of sanding and tidying up had them painted black, added some S line stickers then lacquered to seal.
IMG 20190720 2523

A nice little Cosmetic and practical touch to the oem calipers.
IMG 20190720 47961

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, AvantMike and Sam1989
A few piccys of the caliper clips i did for the S4 calipers fitted to my Avant. I couldn't justify the expense for the oem audi ones so got creative and fired up Ebay.

View attachment 186963

With a bit of sanding and tidying up had them painted black, added some S line stickers then lacquered to seal.
View attachment 186964

View attachment 186965
How do you stick them on Alex

View attachment 186963

View attachment 186964

View attachment 186965
Why does it comes with a condom?

Reactions: AvantMike
Hi alex ! Which springs did you fit? Looks like it sits just right... I want to do a little to my misano red avant like retro fit cruise and lower it.... probably a stage 1 map... I cant help but feel I want more oomph!

But I'd rather get it sat a little lower and get the cruise first !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Cruise control is one of the easiest mods you can do. I wouldn't have a car without it. Get it done!

If you don't have VCDS one of techs in the dealership would be able to program it in 5 minutes for you :)

Hi alex ! Which springs did you fit? Looks like it sits just right... I want to do a little to my misano red avant like retro fit cruise and lower it.... probably a stage 1 map... I cant help but feel I want more oomph!

But I'd rather get it sat a little lower and get the cruise first !

Im running Eibach sportline 45mm springs, however only on the front currently. I decided that my rear end was low enough for my liking, plus i also tow and load up the boot frequently, so didn't want it bottoming out.

At some point i may fit the rears and a set of bilstein shocks but for the time being im very happy with it. Gets rid of that huge front arch gap!

Cruise control is one of the easiest mods you can do. I wouldn't have a car without it. Get it done!

If you don't have VCDS one of techs in the dealership would be able to program it in 5 minutes for you :)

Agreed if it wasn't for having to cut out the colum cowl it would be a 30min job all in

A few of the replacement glove box retrofit carried out a while back. I found a breaker selling a rather nasty looking glovebox with the factory cooler and cd changer slot, for a decent price so jumped at the idea of another little project.

The new box was minging when it arrived, full of gunk, scratched to death and with the very common broken hinges and catch.
IMG 20191209 2585

IMG 20191209 5650

I decided to separate my mint original glovebox and make a hybrid with the replacement.
IMG 20191209 18268

Scrubbed up the cooler and repainted the lid, and bonded the glovebox back together. Came out really tidy even if it is hidden away. Also got the shiny airbag switch with the new box too.
IMG 20191209 30552

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, Sidrick and tr7
Also fitted the aux port for the Rnse inthe glovebox too using one of the pre made wiring looms from Ebay, making a nice oem+ look

Just talking about the fridges earlier! Did you have to pipe in anything from the AC?

Just talking about the fridges earlier! Did you have to pipe in anything from the AC?

Yes, you need the small link pipe from the coolbox to the heater box area. Theres a rubber bung already fitted behind the glovebox on the centre console, behind where the climate control unit fits, just remove and connect the pipe to the outlet.

Also just to note it is only a cool box not a fridge as such. It only works when the car is running, but also still cools even if the heater is on, so will always keep you choccys bars and pop cool on long runs to the seaside!

Reactions: Sidrick
Any pics of the inside Alex, curious as to how much space is in it really , maybe another retro fit on my old bus.

IMG 20191209 26573

Thats the best i have Rob. Its not massive and does take up pretty much all the glovebox. Theres enough room for a can of zesty beverage and a choccy bar each for you and the mrs though!

Not as large as I expected Alex , I think the cooler door is a bit misleading as it makes the cooler look a lot bigger from outside.
I'll have a think.
Thanks for the info Alex, allways very appreciated .:thumbs up:

Not as large as I expected Alex , I think the cooler door is a bit misleading as it makes the cooler look a lot bigger from outside.
I'll have a think.
Thanks for the info Alex, allways very appreciated .:thumbs up:

No worries, my glovebox is only really used nowadays to store my aux cable so i don't mind lossing some space. Its a handy think to have occasionally

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Had to have a little whimper at the weekend. A lapse in concentration ended with me reversing into myself in the petrol station.

Luckily the rear bumper needed repainting anyway but its still rather annoying to say the least!
IMG 20191210 36623

How did you manage to reverse into yourself Alex or was it a trailer incident.

That's seriously bad luck, fiited Parking Sensors plus a Mk.1 Parking Sensor too(towbar!)

Luckily you work in a bodyshop by what I've read?

Yep, a trailer related incident, not one of my finest moments but hey ho. Luckily i do work in a bodyshop, just another job on the never ending list!

Yes, and the never ending mods list! If it wasn't so expensive I'd love the reversing camera for RNS-E but think it's £400 in parts..

Yes, and the never ending mods list! If it wasn't so expensive I'd love the reversing camera for RNS-E but think it's £400 in parts..

Yes i would too, there a great piece looking piece of kit, but its a bit too much for a gimmick imo

Im running Eibach sportline 45mm springs, however only on the front currently. I decided that my rear end was low enough for my liking, plus i also tow and load up the boot frequently, so didn't want it bottoming out.

At some point i may fit the rears and a set of bilstein shocks but for the time being im very happy with it. Gets rid of that huge front arch gap!
Hi alex I cant find any similar springs sorry to be a pain ! Only ones i can find is h and r :/ any idea on part number from eibach ?

Hi alex I cant find any similar springs sorry to be a pain ! Only ones i can find is h and r :/ any idea on part number from eibach ?

I can see if i can get an ebay link if thats anygood?

Having said that im not sure whether the eibach ones are listed as fwd only? I think the only difference in springs is the rears due to the extra weight of the rear diff (quattro), should be okay though if your planning on dropping it anyway. Just a thought

Reactions: Charlie Farley