Alcon discs RS3 8V(2016)

Total cost of Reyland discs, Brembo for rear and DS Performance pads all around is £1205 :O

Not a cheap job is it. Dont forget to add new caliper bracket to hub bolts front and rear.

Not a cheap job is it. Dont forget to add new caliper bracket to hub bolts front and rear.

Why a new calliper bracket? Was going to change the anti rattle springs.

EDIT: Ah re-read, you mean the bolts... do they need changing then?

Why a new calliper bracket? Was going to change the anti rattle springs.

EDIT: Ah re-read, you mean the bolts... do they need changing then?
Yeah the exact same bolts in my 2015 Leon needed replacing once removed according to the Seat brake manual. Cant think Audi is any different as the bolts are the same part numbers. I will be replacing mine when I do my brake change in a few weeks.

Yeah the exact same bolts in my 2015 Leon needed replacing once removed according to the Seat brake manual. Cant think Audi is any different as the bolts are the same part numbers. I will be replacing mine when I do my brake change in a few weeks.

My indecent will be fitting mine I think... an hours labour for each pair so £150 for the 2 hours. I can’t release the rear callipers.

Definitely competent enough to change the fronts, have done plenty of brakes over the years but just for what it is would have more peace of mind knowing they’ve done it and it’s an extra invoice in the folder. Will give them the go ahead to change the bolts at the time.

They told me ... contact your local dealer

Not sure where you were looking, however if you look at the dealer locator, there are two dealers who can assist within Belgium, or you could even get from one of the many UK hardware dealers -

UK dealers -
https://www.onlyrevo.com/dealer-locator
Progressive parts, AKS, Demon Tweaks, V-Hub and many others stock/sell these.

Belgium dealer list -
https://www.onlyrevo.com/dealer-locator/chiptuning-plus-bvba
https://www.onlyrevo.com/dealer-locator/teamfloral-belgium

I'm should of had the Revo/Alcon discs fitted by now but my local Revo dealer says they're delayed and on back order from Revo still.

I'm should of had the Revo/Alcon discs fitted by now but my local Revo dealer says they're delayed and on back order from Revo still.

Get the Reylands.

Revo are a waste of time, never have stock then told me they didn’t fit an 8V FL car.

Reactions: AudiNutta

I’m going for Reylands, save yourself £200 for an equivalent product.

Get the Reylands.

Revo are a waste of time, never have stock then told me they didn’t fit an 8V FL car.

My Brembo discs are in the house, excited to have a nose :)

Will likely buy the full set before I need them, just got to resist fitting then ;) Wasteful to change when I’ve still got life in the OEM’s.

My Brembo discs are in the house, excited to have a nose :)

Will likely buy the full set before I need them, just got to resist fitting then ;) Wasteful to change when I’ve still got life in the OEM’s.

Mine are on the car.

Life in the oem....

Mine are on the car.

Life in the oem....

Mine are in my bedroom now ;) Box isn’t looking clever got DPD to thank for that, but the discs look great well happy with them for £76! Can’t wait to get them on now, few months yet I suspect.

Mine are in my bedroom now ;) Box isn’t looking clever got DPD to thank for that, but the discs look great well happy with them for £76! Can’t wait to get them on now, few months yet I suspect.

One day you’ll have a garage to store parts

One day you’ll have a garage to store parts

I’ve got one, what little space isn’t taken up by the car is filled with detailing stuff and a toolbox. They will start to annoy my Mum before they annoy me.

I’ve got the alcon discs now..
The size is correct i hope ?
Break disc = 380 x 32
The original wave discs are 370 x 34.
I know the alcon are larger .. 380!
But the thickness is less ?? .. 32 !?
I hope it’s correct !!??

Attachments

• 630E0E19-7A27-4D27-B850-2481231862C0.jpeg
    630E0E19-7A27-4D27-B850-2481231862C0.jpeg
    643.7 KB · Views: 271
  • EF4B74CE-17C4-4770-9B09-38572CA30840.jpeg
    EF4B74CE-17C4-4770-9B09-38572CA30840.jpeg
    870.8 KB · Views: 271
Correct size for an 8P, paperwork also says 8p???
I always thought 8V were 34mm
Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same ..
But on top off the document ..
The correct partnumber and brake disc upgrade for Audi RS3 8V !!!??????

Yeah unless the bells are the same 8p to 8v?
You need T800 to comment as he has these discs

Sent REVO an e-mail ..
About the size of the delivered discs.

Attachments

• 5F41CBD9-8A6D-4E78-B8ED-958BE4F7C652.png
    5F41CBD9-8A6D-4E78-B8ED-958BE4F7C652.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: Marshy
Pleased you got your answer,
I was stupidly thinking of the Reyland discs which list 32mm for 8p and 34mm for 8V.
Get them on

Got mine fitted on Fri and feel way better than stock :)
revo.jpg

Reactions: DW81
I remember once upon a time there was an outfit called 888 Racing (Triple Eight) and they made a limited edition Astra that had Alcon brakes fitted. Alcon made them especially for the car and then never made any spares. When those original brakes wore out it cost the owners a small fortune to have custom discs made up.

That ain't what I call good customer service...

Still waiting for the feredo DS performance pads (FDS 5023) for putting the discs on my car ..
They are in backorder .. i orderd the pads on 24/7 !!!.. still not delivered

Feredo DS performance pads can’t Be delivered before end october
Can’t Wait That long..
Feredo premier pads eco friction FDB5023 are in stock .. is this an alternative?
Maybe EBC redstuff pads ??

Feredo DS performance pads can’t Be delivered before end october
Can’t Wait That long..
Feredo premier pads eco friction FDB5023 are in stock .. is this an alternative?
Maybe EBC redstuff pads ??
Absolutely DO NOT fit EBC Redstuff pads with the Alcon discs if you ever intend on driving your car quickly. Made this mistake myself and nearly wrecked the discs (they went blue after a few consecutive hard stops during some 'enthusiastic' driving and made a terrible noise). I have used the Ferodo Premier pads with the Alcon's and they were not much different (but a lot cheaper) than the DS Performance pads.
Also, I would recommend using a neutral cleaner to wash the wheels/brake dust as the anodizing on the Alcon alloy bells/hats tends to begin to oxidise after six months if you use an acidic based cleaner.

Reactions: EVO855
Make sure you bed them as per instructions too as I also have ferodo performance pads.

I want the DS performance pads but they seems to be not availebel ..
I just waited to long to order ..
I ordered them when the brake light came on the company where i ordered them told me That the delivery time was about 3 weeks ..
Now its 10 weeks and nothing .. not before end october .. so i Will order the premier pads .
The delivery time fir the alcon discs was 3 weeks .. That was a surprise

I ordered them when the brake light came on the company where i ordered them told me That the delivery time was about 3 weeks ..
Now its 10 weeks and nothing .. not before end october .. so i Will order the premier pads .

I ran the Alcon's on my PFL car for over 13k miles. I switched pads from the Ferodo Premier's to the DS Performance because I wanted to see if there was a big difference between the two pads. In my opinion there was hardly any difference between the two, maybe the Premier's were a little harder on the discs but not much else. I was going to fit a similar kit to my FL car but opted for the Reyland's (380mm) and the DS 2500 pads, I have to say that they are an excellent combination of disc/pad for the RS3.

Pic below shows Alcon disc after 13K miles of wear next to the new Reyland disc I have fitted to my FL car.
IMG 3698

Reactions: EVO855

Contact Trevor Leigh at this company, they make their very own DSP pad that incorporates wear sensors which you otherwise don’t get. I expect they will have them all in stock

https://www.koniuk.co.uk/contact

Thx , sent e-mail to Trevor and he got these feredo DS performance pads FDS5023 in stock for a very Good price ( Audi sport net members) my happy

Thx , sent e-mail to Trevor and he got these feredo DS performance pads FDS5023 in stock for a very Good price ( Audi sport net members) my happy

A friend of mine put a lot of time into the Ferodo pads with Trevor so that Forum members could buy DS performance pads.

How is this setup mate now it's been on since July?

This is exactly what I'm looking to go for so just making sure before i part with a 1K

How is this setup mate now it's been on since July?

This is exactly what I'm looking to go for so just making sure before i part with a 1K
I went for Audi discs and Brembo HP2000 pads up front and standard coated Brembo rear discs and pads.

All working great now, brakes are much better and the feel is exactly what I wanted. The HP2000 are less dusty than the OE pads but the standard rear Brembos are quite dusty.

Sorry this has been asked before but I can’t find the post and the internet is just confusing me.

What’s the min the front discs can be before needing to be changed?

I’m sure on another post someone said it’s written on the bell which for my (wavy Audi) ones is stating 32.4mm.

Now I’ve had it into a garage and they are telling me they are at 32.4mm but they are good till 31mm

Can anyone shed some light please really confused now?

It says 32.4mm on my Audi discs. If it says the same on yours then thats the limit. I think that limit is a little conservative but running to 31mm there will be quite a lip at the edge and the car would be outside manufacturer limits.

Thanks mate

Guy in garage incorrect then, he did check it through the computer and assured me it was accurate but hey was Kwik Fit ha .... cheap tyres though!

Got a lip on them now so looks like I need to swap them, might just bang the wavy on and save some $

Thanks mate

Guy in garage incorrect then, he did check it through the computer and assured me it was accurate but hey was Kwik Fit ha .... cheap tyres though!

Got a lip on them now so looks like I need to swap them, might just bang the wavy on and save some $

By cheap tyres, I hope you don’t mean budgets? Not very good practice to fit ditch finders onto a performance motor haha, I wouldn’t fit them on my diesel.