Alcantara Wheel Fitted!

locost47

Reaction score
Heres some pics of my Alcantara Wheel fitted, really happy with it and is a lot gripper than the leather one.:eyebrows:
attachment.php
[/IMG]
attachment.php

that looks like the A4 DTM wheel I mentioned on a thread the other day, quite a rare item isn't it?

Yeah its nearly the same wheel although its black alcantara and not the dark grey the dtm one has. Theres a few new ones on ebay at the moment. It looks a lot better in the flesh as on the pics it kinda looks cheap!

no problem everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I like it so :laugh:

not too sure on the wheel, was just looking at your locost pic and am guessing that the pic is from a sprint at kirkistown?

not too sure on the wheel, was just looking at your locost pic and am guessing that the pic is from a sprint at kirkistown?

Yeah its actually me coming in at the end of qualifying but I do the odd sprint at Kirky:yes:

thought i had seen the locost before, im the guy with the gold coloured noble :thumbsup:

thought i had seen the locost before, im the guy with the gold coloured noble :thumbsup:
Yeah seen that car at I think, the october sprint?, Really nice car must be a hand full!! Did you used to race Fiestas back in the day?

its not a bad car just maybe not as quick as it should be, on the rolling road she got to 292bhp and 190mph so on paper it should be quick, but am still learning the car, never raced a ford in my life, had a blue single seater before the noble which i still have in the garage.

Its nice as its alacantra but when you can have FB wheels, then :uhm: Whats all the CLOTH about in the middle of the seat :Flush:
I just prefer the Round wheel (but then im a bit odd..lol) as for the cloth im waiting on the balaclava to arrive so I can rob a bank and buy some buckets!!

I just prefer the Round wheel (but then im a bit odd..lol) as for the cloth im waiting on the balaclava to arrive so I can rob a bank and buy some buckets!!

You are odd, how could you like the round wheel over flat bottom wheel, like this RS4 alcanty in Lomax's ride....

SickGolfGTI4.jpg

Let me know when you've upgraded the cloth :laugh:

That is one Sexy wheel !!

Hows the difference in grip ??

I prefer the alcantara bit that locost47 has done to the bit in the centre of the wheel (the OEM bit). In the days when the S3 first launched I saw one in a dealers with a standard wheel and it was gash. I don't really like standard Audi steering wheels much. The one in the S5 is poor.

Both as I imagine they should grip the same, but I was talking bout Locosts one

Both as I imagine they should grip the same, but I was talking bout Locosts one
THANKS!!:arco: Thats made me feel better! I got it because of the increased grip and it looks a hell of a lot better in the flesh and I got it for less than half the price of a flat bottomed one!

Oh well, Im happy with it and everyone has different tastes:beerchug:, dont think ill post any new pics of the car when I change the alloys then!:laugh:

I like it, and I reckon alcanty wheels have a much more tactile quality to them

Ignore N8, he's all style and no substance ;)
The thing is its an oem Audi wheel and a bit different from the run of the mill, it looks bad in the pics but looks classy in the flesh! oh and the girlfriend likes it:yum:
Thanks Mate:beerchug:

Only messin, you got a good sense of humour Lurgan, I like it, the wheel looks ALOT chunkier than normal ones, bet it feels great to drive with :wub:

Only messin, you got a good sense of humour Lurgan, I like it, the wheel looks ALOT chunkier than normal ones, bet it feels great to drive with :wub:
The thing is, its the same thickness as the leather one I had but when I saw the photos I thought, Holy S*^T that looks like a kids sponge!:laugh: Its no softer than the leather one but the photos dont show the shape as they would a leather wheel... Thinking of changing the interior to half leather - alcantara in the summer to match the wheel, S3 Skirts, maybe facelift front then 18" or maybe 19" BBS CH or CSL reps although im not sure if they do an Audi fitment in the CSl ones:unsure: and finally a remap although I doubt it will give the same kick as the S2000:sly: