Album artwork on SD card

C2 DTN

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
If ive made the folder myself with AAC files (M4A extension) how do i add the album artwork.

Im guessing a jpeg file, but is there something specific to name it, and does the extension need to be *.jpg or *.jpeg ??

Weirdly, mine is just there after copying the folders. Not sure if the specifics.

Yeah I've manually just copied the tracks. I'm just wanting to add artwork manually but trying to figure out what the MMI unit is looking for.

My SD card has mp3's on it and just placing the album art in the folder didn't work for me. I had to embed the artwork in to the tracks using mp3tag

My SD card has mp3's on it and just placing the album art in the folder didn't work for me. I had to embed the artwork in to the tracks using mp3tag

Ditto - I found this as well. Mp3tag is excellent. Not sure it will work with MP4's though.
As V8 says - lots of posts on this which are very useful. I mugged up on all the issues from the forum and got my SD card ready before I collected the car.

Ive figured out how to do it with a single file.

Assuming there is no embedded artwork:

Create a JPG less that 200KB, less than 500x500 pixels, saved as a baseline jpg, not a progressive jpg with a filename of 00.jpg

This makes it the first file the MMI sees when it opens the folder and will display it for as long as you are in that folder.