Alarm with dead battery

danrst171

Reaction score
My A3 has been sat for about a year, and as you'd expect, the battery is dead.

I was wondering, if I open the door with the key (as the central locking isn't working), will the alarm go off? If it does go off, would I be able to disarm it by putting the key in the ignition and turning it once (enabling electrics) even though the battery is dead?

Basically, the reason I ask is because the bonnet latch is also broken so I can't get to the battery to disconnect it if the alarm does go off, so I'd have no way to stop the alarm.

Well the battery is well hidden in front drivers wing, which needs bonnet open to get wing apart, so you're kinda fecked tbh, if alarm has charge then yeah probably will go off, but that's if the system also recognises door open state.

Best to get up on stands & reach up or remove fan pack from below & grab the cable if possible.

Well the battery is well hidden in front drivers wing, which needs bonnet open to get wing apart, so you're kinda fecked tbh, if alarm has charge then yeah probably will go off, but that's if the system also recognises door open state.

Best to get up on stands & reach up or remove fan pack from below & grab the cable if possible.
Won't the alarm be triggered when jacking the car too?

If the system recognises as battery is dead, maybe not.

If your cigar lighter socket is wired to be permanently active, you can plug a low current battery maintainer such as Ctek or Optimate in to give you enough voltage to turn alarm off.