Facelift Alarm Volume

alpesh26

Reaction score
Is there a way to increase the volume of the alarm? Maybe with a new siren or with the horn?

Mine went off last night and it wasn't very "alarming". It was only by chance I saw the lights flashing.

I know the alarm in Audi's have been made to German noise regulations hence why they are quiet.

I'm having the same issue on the A6 C6. If not flashing indicators I wouldn't know it went off as it sounds for a bit and stops to start again.

I've just ordered a secondary siren which supposed to be about 110db and am planning to wire it with oem siren but fit it somewhere where would be less sound restriction but echoey enough to sound louder.
Will update when fitted.

As to increading rue volume of the factory siren, don't think it is possible at all.
Alarm is giving the signal to the siren to go off and it is all up to tue siren to be loud enough.

I do have two air horns fitted behind front grille that I can switch inbetween the oem horn and thought of also wiring them to the alarm but it could be "a tad OTT"
99d431b496bc60fdd1e1fb63109da68f.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: alpesh26
Let us know how you get on! Agree, the air horns might be a bit too much :wink:!

Noisier alarms are pointless, no-one pays a blind bit of notice. Having said that, the alarm on my S3 is plenty loud enough, much more so than on my A6 C6.