alarm system

jasonallen

Reaction score
hello people,

quick question scheduled to be getting a new 11 plate a3

and i just wanted to know what the alarm systems come like

just wondering if theres any point upgrading alarm systems

just fit a tracker mate, worth the money! Alarm on the car should be good as it is unless you want some sort of remote engine starter module fitted :ninja:

nah dont want an engine start mate but was having a chat with a lad i know and he said theres this system you get that if somethings within a meter of youre car it'll go off!

nah dont want an engine start mate but was having a chat with a lad i know and he said theres this system you get that if somethings within a meter of youre car it'll go off!

so everytime you go shopping or to a busy car park your alarm will be going off constantly? whats the point?

no its the proximity sensor... i had it in my old Focus... along with remote engine start and remote lights on, and pin code start :ninja:

basically if you get too close to the car (in the focus it was close enough to look through the window to see the dash/floor) it would buzz... wouldn't actually set the alarm off until you kept doing it like 5-10 times. I had tints on the focus so the proximity sensor helped to keep people away from hugging up to the window to see whats inside the car.
It was annoying for the neighbours though... if a car drove past too close it would buzz, so occasionally they would hear the buzz at night as cars passed by. Supermarket car parks were funny... would see people jump at the sudden buzz from the car :)

it was a Clifford Concept 650 mk2 that was on mine with blackjax... to be honest the only part of that alarm that i would now have on my car is the remote engine start... was soo handy in the winter for warming up the car and in summer for cooling it down